Awoo.

Homestar Runner

Tailikku

• 8 months later...

http://www.homestarrunner.com/

This was depressing April Fools to watch, but it was beautiful at the same time! I really did feel a bit like crying watching the boys back together. 

I just have to wonder; what comes next?

I wish they could just humor us and put out one a year at the very least.  I've accepted that the series isn't coming back to stay but it deserves better than this, dammit!

But if the issue is largely financial, I'd fund a "Bring Back Homestar Runner" Kickstarter in a second.

I highly doubt it's financial. Back in the day the site was drawing in tons of money from the store, plus Matt is now working on several television shows. I'm not saying he's rich or anything but I bet there's enough to pay the bills and keep the site running. I think the hiatus has just been a combination of Mike having kids to look after and Matt being busy with real actual work.

I wish they could have at least given the show a proper send off while it was still hot if they're unsure if they can continue it.

• 3 months later...

IT'S COMING BACK!!!

http://jeffrubinjeffrubinshow.com/episode/123-homestar-runners-matt-chapman/

Podcaster Jeff Rubin has done an hour-long interview with Matt Chapman. I haven't finished listening to it yet, but it says right in the description that they're planning a comeback. And even if they weren't, this is damn interesting to listen to anyways. It's all about the early days, how Homestar Runner got big, etc. Just hearing about the internet circa-2000 is taking me on a nostalgic trip all by itself.

EDIT: Alright, so the gist is that Matt and Mike are back together now and would really like to go back to doing Homestar. There's no specific timeframe in mind yet, he just says to keep an eye on the site for the next few months and there might be some stuff.

There's also talk of updating the site to modern standards a little and perhaps some social media accounts to help publicize it (like Strong Bad on Twitter or Strong Sad on Tumblr) aside from just the word-of-mouth they always relied on back in the day.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's a great interview.  It's good to know that Mike and Matt desperately want to get back to it- my life felt a little emptier for the past three and a half years.  Apparently the April Fools video was in part their way of testing the waters to see if the show is still popular and they seem happy with the results.

Also, Mike, Matt, Jonathon: if you guys are reading this: Stinkoman Level 10.  Please?

IT'S COMING BACK!!!

I'll actually listen to it later but oh most wonderful of nights!! ^____^ <3 - Can't wait!  Just when I start playing Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People, too.  Coincidence?!  Probably.

Oh my god, it's official?

It's true?

I'm going to need to call my step-brother. I'm so excited I can't feel it.

Ah, homestar! We've had so many memories- puppets, games, learning the word "crap" and using it so often my teacher got annoyed with me and my mom wanted to ban you from the household.

Good times.

I hope the puppets return too! But if my wish isn't granted, I don't care. Homestar is back. <3

So I just read the interview and I'm very glad to hear that they've not been updating as a result of burnout or apathy to the series.  I feel sort of bad that I was among the crowd who was under the mindset that they just didn't care about Homestar anymore.

I wasn't aware that Matt was working on so many mainstream projects, including Yo Gabba Gabba.  That's pretty awesome! c:

Making.

Out.

With.

Marshmallooooooow.

I love this series so much, I'm super happy it's going to be coming back. :D Sbemail was a staple of early-noughties Internet!

If anyone's jonesin' badly for some Hamstray in the meantime, there's an episode of The Aquabats Super Show where Matt Chapman pretty much plays a live-action Strong Bad. It's kind of surreal.

Actually, maybe just go watch that entire show. It's weird and dumb but it's really fun.

• 8 months later...

I actually heard about this through my A/V teacher a while back. He shows us videos of the series in class sometimes xP This was something he really liked when it was first getting big on the internet, but I find it pretty awesome that he shows us some of this stuff from time to time.

Most of the things I've seen have been in that class, and it's mostly the e-mails with Strong Bad. Out of all of what I've seen from that site those emails have to be my favorite part, too.

Ah, looks like we missed the return-hype from October with the server wipe.

They made 3 new toons, numba one jam Fish Eye Lens, Halloween Toon, yadda yadda, super hype because I love H*R and Strong Bad is my namesake, etc.

Of recent news, there's a new Homestar Runner store with some new items of note. Examples include a Strong Bad Face shirt (which I've already ordered), an iPhone case, a new Trogdor Poster that's different from the older one (I have the old one already, so I didn't get the new one), a Homsar Coffee Mug (I really wanted it but money lol), and the return of the baby onesies. I ordered one for my niece. :3 They're missing a few items that concern me, like a large number of the DVD sets and such, but I hope it's just because it's new...

I'm still holding out for the return of the zip-up hoodies, I never got a Strong Bad one ;~;

I'm still holding out for the return of the zip-up hoodies, I never got a Strong Bad one ;~;

• Thumbs Up 3

Here I was waiting for the day that Strongbad would finally upgrade to Windows XP.  My wait lingers on. ;_;

Great April Fool's episode though.

• The topic was featured

It's just as well, for some reason my computer can't even get halfway through a single email without dropping frames, what the heck happened to flash performance.