Awoo.

Awesome Cover songs

Lady Lily

So i did a bad covers thread. here's an awesome covers thread.

Type O Negative is my favorite band and this cover of Cinnamon Girl is awesome.

Awesome piano cover of Love You to Death By Type O Negative.

A great tribute to Peter Steele.

so what are some good covers you've heard?

Edited by Lady Lily

I quite love the original but this is the perfect example of a band that managed to adapt a song to their own style flawlessly and still make it sound awesome. Well, next to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxV9zPuY_Uw

This one I like just about as much as the original. While the original is pretty much timeless and a masterpiece, this doesn't advance it to hell and back but rather has alot more energy going for it and makes it feel a bit new.

Edited by Carbo
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not really a fan of Disturbed, but they did a great cover of Genesis' Land of Confusion. Probably because they kept to the spirit of the song, but took it in their own direction.

Then we have They Might Be Giant's cover of an old classic.

By the way, the two video per post limit, sucks.

It takes talent to do a groove metal cover of a punk rock song and make it sound good, imo. I'm probably gonna get a ton of flak for this AND the one below it.

I quite love the original but this is the perfect example of a band that managed to adapt a song to their own style flawlessly and still make it sound awesome. Well, next to

I love you so much right now. For one I love Pendulum, but two - Machinae Supremacy are amazing. I absolutely love what they do, one of my fave bands :).

I also really love Billy Talent. This cover was recorded during their second album sessions, but wasn't released until the third one came out. I think there was complications with licensing etc etc. Anyway, Billy Talent are my favourite band and I love the way they did this cover :)

And they also did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQS4vwnY7Pc&feature=related

Sublime covering The Descendants -

Gotta have some Nirvana too :)

There are a lot of covers by bands I like that exist out there. I love it when bands do them.

Echo and the Bunnymen covered "People are Strange," a song originally by The Doors. I think it's even better than the original.