Awoo.

Does Shadow have natureal super sonic speed or not?

hebitaka

If you don't want to stick an arbitrary number next to Sonic, that is fine. We can substituent SPD for X's and the equation still works. The points system awards points for speed and establishes the sound barrier at X. Later in the game, Sonic is seen running at speeds better than X * 2. If Shadow can rival Sonic's speed, he too should be able to easily surpass X as well.

I've never seen Sonic being issued a speed cap. He's always been as fast as he needed to be. Plus, he has severely shattered the sound barrier across all mediums in the past. Games, TV and especially in the comics. Mach 1 is clearly not his limit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone remember that sonic Xmas special? I mean how fast was he moving then just to be able to deliver all the gifts to every child in the world?

o.o

Here's an interesting factoid: "can exceed Mach 1" is explicitly stated on Sonic's character bio circa 1997, courtesy of Sonic Jam.

Nowadays he's probably pushing at least Mach 3 (statistic asspull away!), or at least it certainly feels like it.

o.o

Here's an interesting factoid: "can exceed Mach 1" is explicitly stated on Sonic's character bio circa 1997, courtesy of Sonic Jam.

Nowadays he's probably pushing at least Mach 3 (statistic asspull away!), or at least it certainly feels like it.

In other words Sonic can probably move anywhere from 764mph-3000mph?

In other words Sonic can probably move anywhere from 764mph-3000mph?

I'm so glad we narrowed it down at last. trollface_emoticon.png

I agree with your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter :)

Your gonna love this one then.

Does anyone remember that sonic Xmas special? I mean how fast was he moving then just to be able to deliver all the gifts to every child in the world?

If we want speed, than we don't have to look any farther than the comics. Sonic can pull a Flash in that series and vibrate himself through solid objects.

If we want a more tangible number, than I'll bring up the infamous issue 175. In the short time it took Snively and Eggman to realize what was going on, Sonic made his way from the Western half of the US continent to the Eastern seaboard. Looking at the map, he started somewhere around Denver and ended up east of DC.

Using a high-ball figure (judging from Eggy's and Snivleys frantic exchange), Sonic covered that gap in less than ten seconds. The distance between Denver and DC is 1600 miles.

Are you guys ready for this?

1600 miles / 10 seconds = 160 miles per sec

160 * 60 sec = 9600 miles per min

9600 * 60 min = 576,000 miles per hour

Lets put that in perspective.

Mach 1 is 761.1797

Mach 5 is 3805.8986

Mach 7 is 5328.258

Mach 10 is 7611.7971

Sonic was cruising faster than Mach 756.

are u kidding me. I knew it would be high... but seriously????:lol:

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 5

Holy fuckballs MACH 756.

That is immense.

Super Sonic would reach speeds that we can't even imagine. And Hyper Sonic? Well he may as well be a photon.

• Thumbs Up 3

At this point I don't even think The Flash can keep up with Sonic anymore...

Flash apparently dies if he goes too fast. Sonic just keeps picking up speed as he goes downhill.

At this point I don't even think The Flash can keep up with Sonic anymore...

Now I wish #175 had Sonic re-enact that scene where Flash runs in a perfectly straight line around the Earth at least 9001 times.

Superman is faster than both of them though, didn't he go around the Earth dozens and possibly hundreds of times in the time it took The Flash to go around once, lol?

So fast he went back in time, that's for dern sure.

Thing is, if we had these characters interact in the same universe and race each other, it would cause a paradox. The Flash and Sonic the Hedgehog are always both the fastest -- so each one is always faster than the other, even though the other one is still technically faster than them. This either means the Universe would explode or they'd have literally infinite speed. I think we've figured out how to break the Warp 10 barrier, guys!

I think the difference between the Flash and Sonic isn't how fast they go, but how they gain speed.

The Flash is able to move the way he can because he can control the speed his entire molecular structure moves.

Sonic can't do that, he just runs fast. I mean, his legs and his lungs must be so strong he could kick the world in half, but he's not able to move EVERYTHING the way the Flash can.

but he's not able to move EVERYTHING the way the Flash can.

*cough*

post-112-0-96724400-1301283075_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

*cough*

post-112-0-96724400-1301283075_thumb.jpg

When I find one thing in the comics that isn't a complete destruction of everything Sonic and his world is, I'll possibly consider them valid.

How does the homing attack work?

Fuck if I know.

When I find one thing in the comics that isn't a complete destruction of everything Sonic and his world is, I'll possibly consider them valid.

How did we start talking about The Flash and Superfuck when this is a topic about Shadow the Hedgehog v Sonic?

How did we start talking about The Flash and Superfuck when this is a topic about Shadow the Hedgehog v Sonic?

My thoughts exactly. Back to the topic at hand then.

I've always considered Sonic and Shadow to be more or less equal when regards to speed. In some games Sonic is faster, in some games Shadow is faster. The point is they're more or less on even terms regardless of who is actually faster.

Now, going back to the topic of how fast Shadow would move without his rocket-jet-shoe-thingies... I would assume that he would be fairly fast, considering that all the characters within the Sonic-verse seem to be fast - at least somewhat. Amy, Espio, Blaze, Tails, the whole lot of them. They may not be up to Sonic's speed, but they aren't slow.

Humans of course seem to be the exception to the rule within the Sonic universe. Except for Eggman, and his brief moments of speed. The only non-fast characters I can think of are Big, and Silver. And even Silver seems to go at a decent speed in the Rivals series. Big probably could too if only he could get his awful obesity under control.

What I'm saying is I figure without skates Shadow would probably more or less as fast as some of those characters. Maybe not Sonic fast, but not as slow as a rock either. Not that we'll ever get to see him run without his skates of course, because let's be serious here... That'd just be silly.

• 7 years later...

Heres the thing, we've acutually seen Shadow run in Mario and Sonic Olympic Games, there both Sonic and Shadow have equal speed, so I guess the jet shoes are just to look cool or to make him diferent from Sonic.latest?cb=20100119162927latest?cb=20100119163513

Shadow is Sonics twin in speed in all the manual in a games profile and stats, so yes his own power is natural for an artificial bio weapon. Sonic himself says Shadows the only one who can rival him in a pure race in one sonic team interview so it's cannon shadow is meant to be the equal in Sonics speed capacity out of all the speed rivals sonic has.

On 3/27/2011 at 11:36 PM, Diogenes said:
On 3/27/2011 at 11:16 PM, Galaxy Man said:
Sonic can't do that, he just runs fast.

How does the homing attack work?

Very limited telekinesis