Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

Confirmed systems: Wii & 3DS

Sorry DS... theres no love for you no more.

So... we all guessed this would probably be in production... we all guessed that this would eventually come out... well according to our favourite rumour mill. The following game is in production.

sonicolimpics2012.jpg

That is a placeholder artwork (dear lord if it's not then theres a major cock-up going on.

CAPA NÃO DEFINITIVA” when translated means "Cover not final" or "Not final/decided/definate layer/artwork/cover" in Portuguese.

I think that we all know that this game is likely, is the placeholder genuine? Urm... difficult to say, it looks it just on the logo alone, but why a Portuguese line and not Japanese/English is anyones guess.

Edit: I am still holding onto the possability that it might be a hoax, however since Free Riders' original cover art was just the logo it might not be.

Edited by Hogfather

KnucklesSonic8 has sent it to GoNintendo with a link to Hogfather's topic hereat the SSMB. No credit given to TSSZ News either. I lol'd for real :lol:

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=155762

Tristan's going to have a fit on Twitter if SSMB becomes the source at every news site :lol:

For all your Sonic news, turn to Hogfather News @ SSMB. B)

On topic:

I would have preferred a platformer or adventure game, but I'm not too fussed. I had fun with the first two, especially in multiplayer, so I'll likely pick this up.

• Thumbs Up 1

KnucklesSonic8 has sent it to GoNintendo with a link to Hogfather's topic hereat the SSMB. No credit given to TSSZ News either. I lol'd for real :lol:

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=155762

Tristan's going to have a fit on Twitter if SSMB becomes the source at every news site :lol:

For all your Sonic news, turn to Hogfather News @ SSMB. B)

lol well I did quote you... and you did link to TSSZ so I didn't really think it was nessesary to bung a link on the article when all anyone cares about is the pretty pictures and not "When we broke this story earlier in the...." bit that usually acompanies this kind of thing.

Edit: Oh hang on... I did that in the other topic...

Oh my I've certainly ballsed this one up.

[insert a picture of Jeremy Clarkson Prince Philip looking smug just after he's done another gaffe]

Anyway....

On topic:

I would have preferred a platformer or adventure game, but I'm not too fussed. I had fun with the first two, especially in multiplayer, so I'll likely pick this up.

Would this not have a 2012 release? And therefore not be apart of the 20th anniversary selection? Oh and also... could this... oh boy... be Sonic 3DS?

Theres always been DS versions of this title hasn't there? So is that a completely impossible a notion? That theres to be a 3DS version?

Edited by Hogfather

Would this not have a 2012 release? And therefore not be apart of the 20th anniversary selection? Oh and also... could this... oh boy... be Sonic 3DS?

Theres always been DS versions of this title hasn't there? So is that a completely impossible a notion? That theres to be a 3DS version?

The M&S games always release in Q4 of the year before the Olympic Games that are being represented start, so this will very likely follow suit by being released Q4 2011. The only one that released on the actual year was the DS version of the first M&S game, which released in February 2008.

Yeah, I'd guess a 3DS version of this game would be very likely. It would certainly help push 3DS units. Even if one wasn't in the works at the start of development, I'd bet Nintendo would ask them to make one.

Hoax or not, this game was eventually to be expected.

Since the standards are always raised with the next M&S outing, I expect a lot more interactivity than Winter games had. The DS version had a storyline, and the Wii version had some character interactivity in the Winter Square part (or whatever they called it.) I expect newer things to be explored with this one - perhaps a Wii story this time (hopefully character specific. More Wario, Waluigi and Eggman shenanigans, thank you.)

EDIT: That 2012 London symbol has to be one of the ugliest designs for an Olympic event. Yes, I am quite aware of the blowjob gag surrounding it and frankly, now I can't unsee it.

Edited by Kintobor

How unexpected, they've only done this for the past two Olympics. But seriously, Mario and Sonic being in a game together sounds like it could have so much potential! I just wish they should use it on something other than a bunch of minigames based on a real event..

Classic Sonic in this game, anyone? Maybe Jumpman Mario, too?

Would be pretty pleased if this is true. The first two were fun little party games (although the first was a bit of a shallow waggle-fest...) so I definitely wouldn't mind a third one. Although I do hope it brings some major improvements from the previous two so it doesn't just feel like more of the same (Wii story mode, perhaps?).

EDIT: Just thought I'd add that while I would have preferred a Mario and Sonic Adventure game, I knew deep down that it wouldn't happen, and thus didn't get my hopes up for it.

Edited by gamerguy21

We'll see how this ends as. Good? Bad? Only time will tell.

Please, GOD, DON'T MAKE THIS THE WII'S ONLY GAME ;-;

A guy calling himself Tristan shot up some people in europe last week before turning the gun on himself....

ANYWAY! The game series sold like hotcakes, so this was expected :) Still no Wi-Fi logo thou... hmm

THIS IS DELICIOUS!

Seeing as the last title was certainly an improvement upon the last, I'm hoping that this instalment in the Mario & Sonic series will be even better than the previous two! I'd like to see a story mode implemented in the Wii version this time around if possible, but I won't be crushed if that remains a (3?)DS-exclusive since I'll definitely be buying both versions anyways.

I wonder if we'll be seeing any new additions to the cast this time around? They managed to shoehorn in 30 Sonic characters one way or another in the last outing, but I'd still love to see more! We all know Blaze and Jet are most probably going to show up again, so why not throw in Marine and Whisker's crew or the two other Babylon Rogues in there somewhere, eh?

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

The first two M&S Olympic games is pretty mediocre IMO so my expectations for this game is pretty low.

Edited by sonfan1984

Meh, of course SEGA has to keep this cash cow going strong. I was truly hoping for something a bit more innovative this time, like "Mario and Sonic Save the Olympic Games". As in, have Eggman and Bowser team up to sabotage the games, causing Sonic and Mario to team up? It would have been a good excuse to throw in some platforming elements to complement the mini-game fest. I don't know, something in that vein would have been cool, and maybe would have shown a bit more fan-service.

Still, the last game was a definitive improvement, so here's to hoping the trend continues.

Edited by EXshad

Meh, of course SEGA has to keep this cash cow going strong. I was truly hoping for something a bit more innovative this time, like "Mario and Sonic Save the Olympic Games". As in, have Eggman and Bowser team up to sabotage the games, causing Sonic and Mario to team up?

I enjoyed Olympic Winter Games quite a bit actually.

I'm curious to see how they can improve with this one.

Since this is the London Olympics, I expect to have football to see Sonic playing at Wembley (Well, here I'm saying random stuff. I don't think that Wembley will be the main stadium)and/or...oh well, maybe they'll add rugby?

Yeah another mediocre Sonic and Mario cross-over for Sega and Nintendo to earn a quick cash-in for the holiday season. <_< Well anyway, I can't think of any new characters that I'm dying to see in this game, Olympic Winter already had all my favorites. Oh hold on, if they manage to put Shade the Echidna in this game, then I'd be sold.

Edit: For those who are gonna give me more thumbs down, your wasting you're time, I already apologized on page 4. :P

Double edit: Sheesh, some low lives are still giving me a thumbs down after I apologized? Get over it people, I gave my opinion and that is something that I am entitled to. Yes, I did come off a bit rough and that was wrong of me but I was just basing my speculation of this game off of previous titles. I'm sure if this game was a sequel to a game like Sonic 06 on the other hand (a game that everyone in the Sonic fan base except for me seems to hate) then you all would have had a completely different point of view on my post. -_-

Edited by S0NIC Toadstool
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 8

Yeah another mediocre Sonic and Mario cross-over for Sega and Nintendo to earn a quick cash-in for the holiday season. <_< Well anyway, I can't think of any new characters that I'm dying to see in this game, Olympic Winter already had all my favorites. Oh hold on, if they manage to put Shade the Echidna in this game, then I'd be sold.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The previous Olympics titles were decent enough, although the more they release, the harder it's going to be for them to keep things fresh. I mean, there are only so many olympic events they can cover (and I imagine not all would translate well to a videogame or motion controls, either), and there are only so many variations you can make on waggling a remote in various different ways.

As others have said, I think this really needs to have a full story mode like the DS Winter Olympics did. It just makes it feel a lot more solid as a single-player game.

Hmm. Can't say I'm surprised. Deep down I was hoping for something different, but now it's been "confirmed" I'm actually more interested in a third Olympics game than I thought I would be.

If they can get it right, it has potential. A full-blown Adventure Tours mode with Mario and Sonic travelling around ol' London town would be beyond epic... I just hope it isn't the same as the first game but with a different setting, because Winter Olympics blew the original out of the water.

EDIT: Can we start speculating about new characters that will hopefully appear?

Rosalina better be playable. Espio would be nice too.

Oh, and these guys are bound to show up at some point:

LONDON-OLYMPIC-2012-MASCOTS.jpg

*salutes his country's olympic mascots while the national anthem plays in the background*

*cries*

Edited by Doctor MK
  • Thumbs Up 2