Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

Apparently, Silver, Bowser Jr., Metal Sonic and DK are unlockable.

Unlockable, new characters she means. Those four were all in Winter Olympics already.

Unlockable, new characters she means. Those four were all in Winter Olympics already.

I would have thought that OLD roster characters being the unlockables would have spoke volumes.

Then again, the "new guys to M&SatOWG being unlockables this time" thing isn't 100% verified, so eh.

Why would they have them as unlockables when they were there from the start in the last game. It's moronic. I'm still bummed that we aren't getting any new playable characters. I hope they make up for it in other areas like tons of Dream Events, but I doubt it. =/

• 3 weeks later...

So apparently track now has special moves that varies by character. Sonic is seen going into a spin dash.

Also:

HOW'S THAT? HOW'S THAT? HOW'S THAT? HOW'S THAT? HOW'S THAT?

HOW'S THAT? HOW'S THAT? GET A LOAD OF THIS! HOW'S THAT?

I saw the mention of a gymnastic ring event in Eggman's profile, is that new info? I don't remember it being said as an event before.

It sounds like the new cast have been told to redo the old cast's lines since a lot of them are the same.

Bowser got a new voice clip? Odd.

Bowser Jr got the best profile of the lot in my opinion. Nintendo [and SEGA] are keen to portray him as an enigmatic little tyke...

Oh lawdy, the main theme of this game is so catchy. Why, it seems to improve with every instalment! The character select music is totally eargasmic too. Hngggg.

Anywho, here's the character art from the site if anybody's interested!

Team Mario

mario_1.pngluigi.pngpeach.pngdaisy.pngyoshi.pngwario.pngwaluigi.pngbowser.pngdonkeykong_1.pngbowserjr.png

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

Loving the music, too. biggrin.png

I also love how it says that Shadow has a leg up against Sonic in events such as Pistol Shooting. laugh.png

Edited by Neon

Loving the music, too. biggrin.png

I also love how it says that Shadow has a leg up against Sonic in events such as Pistol Shooting. laugh.png

football_large.jpg

werctvytblaszfmkginbgryoiues

If this behind-the-back third person view means what I hope it does, I will be the single most happiest person in the entire world. <3333

(For the 1.43 seconds it takes to defend a goal from an incoming soccer ball, that is.)

shadowzh.png

This is great! Unlike some other previous art with Shadow we saw a couple of days ago...

This guy is awesome as always too!

metalsonic1.png

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is ultimately surprising, breaking tradition they decided to release all character profiles at once instead of releasing matching characters in a group like for the last two games.

Some of the stats to my recollection have been changed a bit. Eggman's stats are now almost like Mario's but slightly shorter in most categories. The roles of Acceleration and Max Speed have been switched and while Eggman now has better acceleration than top speed - his stats are almost identical to Waluigi's in this game, so neither one has top billing on Technique.

Most of the profiles have be re-worded and re-used from Winter Olympics, but Bowser Jr.'s profile is clearly new.

Wario is now the Stamina monster, and a gymnast for his artwork in contrast to playing the powerhouse.

Waluigi has a gun which is quite befitting. I think this is the first Mario artwork that has a Mario character holding a gun besides Wario from Master of Disguise.

Metal Sonic throws the discus. Shadow's artwork is pretty awesome and reflects his infamous skating posture from running.

And Eggman looks so flamboyant and determined. With no hurdle placed underneath, you could say that this is a throwback to his older Classic poses in his artwork.

Edited by Kintobor

Well, yeah the character profiles came all at once. That's because, as said before, there's nothing new to reveal with them as opposed to with the last two games.

Wait...oh no. Oh, no no no NO. Oh Goddamn you Kintobor, your avatar title combo sent me on an off-topic tangent.

"So, you want to get through the Death Egg and save the day yourself? TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME." *Blam Blam Blam*

• Thumbs Up 1

It's funny how Sonic and pals don't bother announcing their names like the talking Mario characters. Also, I see Blaze is wearing a skirt this time around. She certainly has the most varied wardrobe of the lot.