Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

Well, yeah the character profiles came all at once. That's because, as said before, there's nothing new to reveal with them as opposed to with the last two games.

Wait...oh no. Oh, no no no NO. Oh Goddamn you Kintobor, your avatar title combo sent me on an off-topic tangent.

"So, you want to get through the Death Egg and save the day yourself? TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME." *Blam Blam Blam*

And you wonder why the Sonic Stadium keeps someone like me around. tongue.png

Oh. Poor Mario is totally confused. I guess not everybody can be smooth with the ladies like Sonic.

Edited by MarcelloF

Oh. Poor Mario is totally confused.

Is it just my imagination or... is sonic doing crotch thrusts in that clip?

Like this?

I keep telling you... Sonic is a slut.

Edited by Hogfather

Is it just me or is the hype for this nowhere near the level of the other two games?

Edited by Blue Blood

Other two games being Generations Console and 3DS? Or S4E2? Either way, yeah, of course this game is being hyped way less. It's the third in a meh series and there are actually interesting things going on elsewhere.

Other two games being Generations Console and 3DS? Or S4E2? Either way, yeah, of course this game is being hyped way less. It's the third in a meh series and there are actually interesting things going on elsewhere.

Edited by redhellc

The primary reason that this game has so little hype is that SEGA has given us so little to hype over. There's no gameplay footage released outside of what was taken off-screen at expos, and the only material that SEGA has handed out so far are a handful of screenshots that display nothing but the bare-bones basics of the game's most simple events alongside a CGI trailer. With the previous game they had a broad new roster of fan-favourite characters to tease us with, as well as new tidbits pertaining to the new events and game modes that were released on a fairly regular basis (the rampant speculation over just what stages would appear in the newly introduced Dream Events was exciting, to say the least), not to mention that the title had no other competition aside from Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I when it came to promotional shenanigans department.

With that being said, it's pretty obvious that the majority of SEGA's Sonic-oriented marketing campaign is too busy focusing on the twentieth anniversary title Sonic Generations right now to give this game any attention, but even then they're not releasing as much content about the upcoming games as they used to in the past.

All I need to know is that when can I be expecting to see some teasing of the 3DS' story mode? I positively adored the Adventure Tours in Mario & Sonic 2, and given the technological advantages of the newer console that it's on, I can't wait to see what it must be like now! Also, I wonder how Generations is going to be represented in this game? Sonic Rush Adventure and Sonic and the Black Knight both received representation in their following Olympic games despite being released only a few months beforehand.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys, just out of curiosity, what's the description for Dream Hurdles? I can't get on the site to check it out myself since my computer's being funny.

This is what the description says:

"A team of four athletes simultaneously fly in the air as the four comets guide them to perform various flight formations. The objective is to defeat the giant flower creature, which is possible by building attack power by successfully performing each flight routine. The fastest team to defeat the creature is the winner of this event."

Ther is no image of the creature, though.

Hey guys, just out of curiosity, what's the description for Dream Hurdles? I can't get on the site to check it out myself since my computer's being funny.

Here you go:

dreamhurdles.jpg

EDIT: Ninja'd. The description must be meant for a different event though. It doesn't match the picture nor does it sound like a hurdles game at all.

Edited by Lungo

Now that you mention it, the description doesn't fit the event at all. Most likely, this describes another Mario Galaxy-themed dream event.

...Unless they mean the Black Comet and the big, fire-breathing plant from Shadow the Hedgehog's Prison Island. xD