Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

It definitely looks better, but the 'highway in the sky' design they chose is always going to be visually unappealing. And to be perfectly honest, the grey soles issue kind of annoys me. It's a really silly mistake to make, especially when they had it right to begin with. I know that sounds ridiculous, and though it's far from being a big issue, it certainly indicates a lack of care.

"Highway in the sky"? blink.png

"Highway in the sky"? blink.png

Backgrounds and explorable geometry that are completely disjointed from each other.

highwayinthesky.png

Compared to...

3dstyle.jpg

Just to reiterate, the 3DS version is looking a lot better than it did and is actually quite pretty. It's been a while since we've been able to see such dramatic improvements in a Sonic game during development. The style they went with for the backgrounds is quite weak though, and really puts a dampener on the visuals. Not to mention the fact that the C&P level design is really annoying considering each level is only 1 act long per Sonic. It's definitely improved a huge amount and saying it did the bare minimum wasn't fair- it did the bare minimum before and now does a lot more. It's still lacking in many departments right across the board however.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 8

I'd guess it's "press for Omochao". So you probably won't be able to turn the guide on and off in this version, but you have to choose to call for his help whenever there's a prompt. Or maybe the button is forever there with the guide on, and Onochao gives you hints when you press it. I dunno, it'll be guide related in some way.

Edited by Blue Blood

Sonic Generations' little gamerpic thing on Xbox Live has been updated to what I assume will be used for the retail game. It's still Modern and Classic Sonic, but it now has them in a gold ring with the game's logo. It looks pretty cool. I think the only way you can see it right now is on the console Marketplace.

• Thumbs Up 2

sonic%20(7).jpg

Now this one IS interesting... In the absolute BEST case scenario, this set of launch pads could ultimately lead to 3 (or possibly 4 depending on how fast you hit the middle two) different places. Aside from that though, I DEFINITELY like what I see. Thanks for the shots!

sonic%20(6).jpg

sonic%20(7).jpg

These two pics are before and after. Nice. So to hit those boosters i have to go through these dudes. Reward to the maximum if you go at the left and right boosters.

Cool thanks.

One more thing isn't this guy from unleashed, what is he doing on seaside hill?

That little guy was here since atleast Sonic Adventure.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

That little guy was here since atleast Sonic Adventure.

But the one from adventure is a little different, and besides those from adventure weren't in heroes.

The heroes ones are a kinda of flying egg paws right?

But the one from adventure is a little different, and besides those from adventure weren't in heroes.

The heroes ones are a kinda of flying egg paws right?

Egg paws? :v But yeah, I kinda miss those flying ones. ;w; Hope they make appearances.

sonic%20(6).jpg

BY THE GODS, THEY'RE MULTIPLYING!!

D: Sonic has wandered into the Kamina Rock's natural habitat... and they don't take kindly to strangers roaming around in their grazing pools...

EDIT: Oooh, Is that a water 'light reflection' I'm seeing on those ruins? If so, <3

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 5

All screenshots do are make me even more desperate for gameplay videos. sad.png

Hopefully we'll get some from IGN on Monday.

Edited by Neon

Am I the only one foaming at the mouth at dem clouds, 8O!?

Imagine if it started raining later in the level... o: Would it be one of the first rainy Sonic levels? Perhaps the first since Sonic R? (I don't remember rain in anything beyond the Chaos 0 boss fight in Sa1 and Sonic R...)

EDIT: Well I mean Seaside Hill probably won't have rain but... xD I can dream right? Also I Forgot Final Fortress had some intense overcast (undercast?), but you were above the clouds... o: Frog Forest had periodic rain too...

Edited by Aptiva

Cool thanks.

One more thing isn't this guy from unleashed, what is he doing on seaside hill?

I really love that shot. It reminds me a teeny bit of Marble Zone. It's also nice to see that they're not above adding more variety to the original badnik selection of levels. Otherwise we'd have Egg pawn alone here.

Edited by Lungo

I don't like that they added special wall jump wall designs. I'd prefer it like in Unleashed where they looked like normal walls..

I don't like that they added special wall jump wall designs. I'd prefer it like in Unleashed where they looked like normal walls..

Yeah I agree, i remember a part in green hill zone that had the walls to.

If you could wall jump anywhere, then the panels would be silly. But because you're so limited in when you can use it, it makes sense.

Edited by Blue Blood