This topic will serve as a hub for discussing, posting and archiving the previews, interviews and various Q&A's for this game. With so many pages circulating the debates this revamped OP will serve as an archival for the hot news of things to come.
Due to video limitations that are imposed in posts previews or videos that are on YouTube won't be posted unless the source site can be located. These previews will go down into the Video section instead.
This is an encompassing initiative so everything counts. If there's an old preview missing in this list however that has information worth having, drop me a PM and I'll add it.
- Preview: April 18, 2011 (Side note: This preview confirms Ken Pontac and Warren Graff, the writers of Sonic Colors, helming the script of the game)
- Preview (UK): April 18, 2011
- Preview: E3 2011
- Five Reasons We're Going Fanboy Crazy for Generations: October 11, 2011
- LEVEL Magazine (Issue 61) (Side note: Confirms a sort of overworld/hubworld, scans follow later pages.)
Official Xbox Magazine
- Preview: June 15, 2011 (Side note: Team hints at the inclusion of Wisp Powers in potential Sonic Colors stages.)
- Preview: 19 August, 2011 (Side note: Seems to confirm the possibility of getting recreations of zones not included in the game, as part of a zone within a zone)
The Gamers Hub
All About Games
- Preview: August (Side note: Explains the story's first cutscene in detail)
- 3DS Preview + Q&A: May/June? (Side note: Contains extensive 3DS information along with confirmation of exclusive zones and bosses.)
Official Nintendo Magazine (UK)
Q&A's and Interviews
On the Tuesday afternoon of E3, Alex and I got the privilege of seeing the first new footage of City Escape from Sonic Generations played by Takashi Iizuka himself. Seeing little classic Sonic going through the famous SA2 level was a thrill. We saw as the large GUN truck made every attempt possible to run down the roly-poly hedgehog as two new remixes of “Escape from the city” played through both levels. As he played through he told some interesting tidbits including the fact that outside of Green Hill zone, all stages on the 3DS will be different from the HD versions and will have levels based on the portable versions of Sonic’s games. Also voice overs will be done for all nationalities. Not just Japanese and English. He quit the last level as the GUN truck with it’s giant sawblades ran over modern Sonic as he ran out of boost. Here, our Q&A commenced.
- Sonic Stadium: Interview with Aaron Webber (July 28, 2011) (Side note: Talks about appearances of side characters in the game, along with the leak being unfinished material)
At one of the demo stations, I found Sonic brand manager Aaron Webber. Trust me when I say there’s no more likable fella working at Sega. Look at him. He’s just so gosh darn huggable ya wanna stuff him in your Warner Bros Comic Con bag and take him home with “AHEM!” Anyway, as he manned the station, many people were checking out the demo. Mostly the modern version. In fact, one fan kept coming back every day and managed to beat Aaron’s record on modern by one second! When he had some time, we went to the back of the Archie booth and set up an interview.
- Green Hill Zone Demo Gameplay
- Green Hill Zone E3 2011 Gameplay (Cam)
- Generations 3DS E3 2011 Gameplay (Cam)
- E3 2011: Modern Sonic Walkthrough (Cam)
- E3 2011: Classic Sonic Walkthrough (Cam)
- Debut Teaser
- Classic & Modern Trailer
- City Escape Trailer
- Through The Ages [Montage]
- Present Meets Past Trailer
- Genesis Era Trailer
- Dreamcast Era Trailer
- Modern Era Trailer
- Bosses Trailer
- E3 2011: Sonic Generations Interview with Aaron Webber
- Sonic Generations E3 2011 Stage Demo
- Sonic Generations Daily Demo
As of October 17, the Preview Topic is no longer in commission. If members want to add more previews, PM them and they'll be added into the main archive. Look forward to the Review Topic, opening October 24th.
Edited by Carbo, 19 October 2011 - 06:56 PM.