Awoo.

Videointerview (with Gameplay!)

Ferr

only for story guys, not for gameplay :P

pd: im spanish

lol...Hola!! xD

I just said he confirmed them to be there...story or gameplay...time's the only one who's gonna say that...

Oh wowzer, even the M.Sonic gameplay looks better than Unleashed. Nice to see they re-added the abilty to home on rails from '06. It's a nice life-saver.

10sc2ue.png

Is it too late to hope for signposts for M. Sonic too?

Also, is that uncurling when classic Sonic spins off a curve? He seems to go from spinning, to his running animation. Please don't let there be uncurling in this game.

Dammit, and everything else looked so promising. Pack up your things boys, it's Sonic 4 all over again, curse you Sega you ruin EVERYTHING A BLOO BLOO BLOO!

No but really they should do something about that.

Edited by Black Spy

Interesting... so I guess it really is using old zones. But the music sounded different for each Sonic. Classic's sounded like 16-bit Green Hill zone with some synth, while Modern's sounded faster paced and more... well, modern.

This is interesting, I suppose. I'm just curious what we're gonna see next?

He also said that they still have many surprises guaranteed.

I know what I'm trying to do now, decipher this video.

Also, is that uncurling when classic Sonic spins off a curve? He seems to go from spinning, to his running animation. Please don't let there be uncurling in this game.

I noticed that too. A little concerning. He also did it after hitting one of the Choppers. Hm

I also noticed that M. Sonic goes into a spin after hitting dash pads, like he did in the Wii version of Unleashed.

lol...Hola!! xD

I just said he confirmed them to be there...story or gameplay...time's the only one who's gonna say that...

He didn't confirm one way or the other? Interesting. I reckon they'll just be story though.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money-300x187.jpg

Breathtaking. Truly breathtaking. Though I'll admit that the Modern Sonic section struck more of a chord with me due to my adoration of Unleashed's day stages, Classic Sonic's stage style was also captivating. And that section through the waterfall was full of surprises (GIANT MASHER BADNIK!)

Cool wall has been updated!

coolwall.jpg

Seriously Uncool: Sonic 06

Un cool: Unleashed (Non HD versions), 50% of Sonic 4.

Cool: the other 50% of Sonic 4, Unleashed (HD version) Sonic Colours.

Sub Zero, but should be in the fridge it's so cool however I can't find the top gear fridge anymore: Sonic Generations.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 4

lol...Hola!! xD

holaaa! :D

I know what I'm trying to do now, decipher this video.

Theres really nothing worth apart from the secondary characters appearing during story. The rest is just about trying to make a game for both classic and modern fans

He didn't confirm one way or the other? Interesting. I reckon they'll just be story though.

he did confirm it, he literally said "secondary characters will be part of story OR elements of the game". I guess the true answer is both

Edited by Ferr

This really goes to show that Sonic Team do know how to make 2D level layouts. What on Earth happened in Colours? And why did they let Dimps run rampant with S4?

This really goes to show that Sonic Team do know how to make 2D level layouts. What on Earth happened in Colours? And why did they let Dimps run rampant with S4?

The storybook Team worked on Colors, while the HD team we're more concerned with this game than anything.

But its not like Dimps can't make a good 2D game(Sonic Advance).

Probably, it'd certainly be a lot to cram into one game. You never know though...

Cool wall has been updated!

*COOL WALL*

Seriously Uncool: Sonic 06

Un cool: Unleashed (Non HD versions), 50% of Sonic 4.

Cool: the other 50% of Sonic 4, Sonic Colours.

Sub Zero, but should be in the fridge it's so cool however I can't find the top gear fridge anymore: Sonic Generations.

Hahah! Clever. S4 needs moving way left though.

Also Woun put it on Youtube, but it's right at the end of the previous page so it's easily missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmN0Z6GAfj0&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Blue Blood

I notice the wall on the left in the video has the artwork from that temporary box art on it.

GUESS

WHO'S

BACK!

10sc2ue.png

168830o.gif

Edited by Tredent
  • Thumbs Up 3

I notice the wall on the left in the video has the artwork from that temporary box art on it.

Thus confirming the London Olympics? Quite likely!

Holy shit Sega, you did it.

I mean my god, Green Hill has already more and better shortcuts than Windmill and the boost is powered by defeated enemies.

And that Chase scene in the cave was just magnificient.

The only thing I have worriesabout is this new villian.

.........Don't get exited........

.........Can't get exited........

.........Getting exited will only lead to disappointment again........

.........Remember Sonic Colors? You stayed neutral on that, and look how well it turned out! Just.....don't..........

.........Ah hell; who am I trying to kid?! I WANT THIS GAME!!! I DON'T CARE IF THE ONLY PS3 I HAVE ACCESS TO SO I CAN PLAY IT IS AN HOUR & A HALF AWAY FROM WHERE I LIVE: I WAN'T THIS GAME!!!

Edited by slam422

Okay... It looks good so far... I like that other cast members appear, but I still want to see additional playable characters. And, again, as long as they are COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY OPTIONAL, people have NOTHING to complain about. That's what I'm hoping... because I really want to play as characters other than Sonic.

And so far from what I've heard it sounds like that's not going to be the case. Which would suck. :P Although, I'll still probably play the game and enjoy it... It was just one of the things I was looking forward to.

Classic Sonic gameplay does look nice, but the video pretty much confirmed my worries about Modern Sonic gameplay :(

However I appreciate that they try to add new things to the levels (like that cave behind the waterfall, which looked impressive), rather than just reusing old elements.

Y'know, I think my favourite thing I've seen so far of Generations' gameplay is that tunnel in the last bit of Modern footage in this video. So many 3D Sonic games have tried to have those tunnels whose ceilings you can run on, and it's never, ever been any fun. Well, apparently all they really needed was a bit of BOOSTBOOSTBOOST and now they look incredible.

Also, the giant robotic fish has convinced me that we're not going to be getting Emerald Coast in Generations. To include such an obvious homage only to include it again half a game later just seems like a waste. Not that it matters, really; Emerald Coast is just about the blandest of Adventure's levels, so I'm glad it's not going to hog attention away from Speed Highway, Red Mountain, Lost World and/or Final Egg.

However I appreciate that they try to add new things to the levels (like that cave behind the waterfall, which looked impressive), rather than just reusing old elements.

Now that's funny. This is Green Hill as we've never seen it before. Splash Hill on the other hand is Green Hill exactly as we've seen it before. And it was supposed to be a NEW level. Bah, silly S4.

I really love the bit where C.Sonic bounces off of two enemies, misses the third and goes through a pipe instead of onto the upper path. I hope there's lots of things like that that test your skill.