Awoo.

Multiple Dubs for Europe?

Blue Blood

Thanks to Shadz for pointing this out. According to Sonic Paradise the game is going to be translated into different languages across Europe, with the French Sonic X cast at least returning for the French version. I'm very intrigued by this. They've never done this for a game before. People form around the world have had to stick with the English or Japanese voices as SEGA dictates regardless of where they are. I hope this is true. It would be very exciting.

Thoughts?

Edited by Blue Blood

I remember it being rumored for the German version of Secret Rings. Or I understood something wrong back then xD

I wonder if they'll use the Sonic X cast over here. I liked quite a few voices in it.

I'll still probably stick to the English voices, though. But I'd maybe go with the German ones for a playthrough, or when watching the cutscenes in the Theater mode.

Edited by MarcelloF

I'd be very happy if they decide to dub the game into another languages...I hope they don't remove the english/japanese voices from the games though.

Edited by Seraphinprincess

I'm afraid. I'm very afraid.

Just as we finally got a decent voice cast, Sega again decides to take a huge risk. Some sources claim the return of the german Sonic X cast, which was average at best. Others say that Iizuka himself helped Sega Germany with finding suitable voices. But it's not the voices that I'm most afraid of. It's the translation and pronounciation. The subtitles in the games were never as accurate as they should have been, and the pronounciation in Sonic X was horrendous. Just thinking about how they say "Chaos Emeralds" or "Chaos Control" makes me want to hang myself.

And dear god, don't ever let Sonic introduce himself again... "Ich bin Sonic. Sonic se Hadshock!"

Here's the article in Google Translate:

And the language of each European country.

According to a report seen on the web GameKyo , Sega will double the voices of Sonic Generations to the language of each European country. For now, have been confirmed with Sega France that the game will be dubbed into French by the voice actors from Sonic X in that country, so in theory, the Spanish voice actors led by Rafael Alfonso Naranjo Jr. as Sonic will be responsible for interpreting the characters in Spanish for the first time in a game.

As additional data, these actors have participated in all of television series blue hedgehog, as well as commercial and promotional videos in Spanish-speaking country. In Paradise Sonic will inform you about this because we will not lose track of anything that is related to Sonic Generations . Thanks to Yuluga who gave us this information to our Twitter.

Here's some French Sonic X:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyiou3AorGE

The video is crap, but you can hear the voices fine. I like how they didn't make Chris sound pathetic and whiny like 4Kids did. Everyone who matters also sounds alright. But the again, I can't really tell :P

Oh, just...wow

I'd be happy to hear a decent Italian dub. Here in italy there are awesome dubbers for sure...

I just DON't WANT to hear those crap Italian Sonic X dub...which is very stupid

the only 3 I like are Eggman and Tails...Knuckles sounds fine...everyone else is crap, expecially sonic

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

I remember it being rumored for the German version of Secret Rings. Or I understood something wrong back then xD

I remember that too, but I think it was just confusion because the games name was also being translated (for fair enough reasons).

I just DON't WANT to hear those crap Italian Sonic X dub...which is very stupid

*Italian dub of X*

Wow, those voices are something else. Sonic sounds more nasal than he did in the OVA.

I would hate to hear that you European peoples get screwed over with bad VAs if the game region locks =(

Region-locking is continent wide, so people will always have the option to play in English at least if they want to pay the premium for an import (which is a stupid option). I doubt they'll put only one set of voices on the disk though.

Edited by Blue Blood

I guess this is sort of fitting, but a long time ago I made a topic about the multiple languages in Sonic

Some of the videos don't work anymore and the embeding has changed..

I'll look for some videos to replace mine.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is the european spanish dub of Sonic X...the voice actor of sonic's been sticking around since the good old cartoons as aosth and satam =)

Makes sense. I mean, this seems like the biggest Sonic release of all time, I can see why they'd want it to be dubbed in as many language as possible to appeal to fans all over the world.

Holy hell, that's the last thing I was expecting :blink:

Well... I have nothing against the French voice actors. It may be fun. I just hope we'll have the option to put the English voices too, since I'll probably want to hear them as well.

In any case, it's nice that they think of the young non-English-speaking children. In retrospect, it makes me wonder why they didn't do that before.

Je suis Sonic, Sonic le Herrisson!

It's "Hérisson" :P

Well, Sega Spain confirmed the Spanish dub, however, they didn't give any info about the VAs. Please ask your local Sega for info about this!

Edited by JackWallace

ACTUALIZACIÓN: Sonic Paradise se ha puesto en contacto con Sega España y se nos ha confirmado que el juego contará con doblaje al castellano. Sin embargo, no nos quisieron dar información adicional sobre el doblaje, y se nos dijo que estemos atentos ya que "pronto se sabrán más detalles".

UPDATE: Sonic Paradise has contacted Sega of Spain and they confirmed that the game will have spanish dub. However, they didn't want to give more information about it, just said we must stay tuned since "soon, you'll know more details".

edit: ninja'd lol

I must have played too much Crash Bandicoot, I thought this was standard!

Oh well...I guess it's good news if the dubs are good, not so good if they aren't.

Oh wow. So it's true. Im really surprised. I guess it shouldn't be. The new boss of SEGA Europe (I think that'S what he is and I can't remember his name) has been changing a lot, including the English actors..

Can't wait to hear all of the voices.

I'll try to contact the German SEGA. What'd you guys contact? The support e-mail address?

Edit: Confirmed for Germany, too. I found it on the Spindash.de forums: http://www.gamereact...f9bd5fb53f0bf8b

It's the Sonic X voices ^^ Well to be exact it said it's based on Sonic's Sonic X voice, so I would assume it is the Sonic X cast. Iizuka was overlooking the dub. Not sure if that means the dubbing is done already. It was definitely in the past tense, but it could just mean he was in Berlin and overlooked it for that one week.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, Sega Spain confirmed the Spanish dub, however, the didn't give any info about the VAs. Please ask your local Sega for info about this!

UPDATE: Sonic Paradise has contacted Sega of Spain and they confirmed that the game will have spanish dub. However, they didn't want to give more information about it, just said we must stay tuned since "soon, you'll know more details".

edit: ninja'd lol

Thanks for the info. I've updated my news post.

Wow, I really hope all get included on the disc. It'll be so cool to be able to switch between them. Worst case scenario I'll watch on YT, which is hardly an issue in the slightest.

Oh for the record, I just downloaded the trailer in various language for archiving purposes. They all use the English voices at the mo.

Edited by Blue Blood

Oh wow. So it's true. Im really surprised. I guess it shouldn't be. The new boss of SEGA Europe (I think that'S what he is and I can't remember his name) has been changing a lot, including the English actors..

Can't wait to hear all of the voices.

I'll try to contact the German SEGA. What'd you guys contact? The support e-mail address?

Edit: Confirmed for Germany, too. I found it on the Spindash.de forums: http://www.gamereact...f9bd5fb53f0bf8b

It's the Sonic X voices ^^ Well to be exact it said it's based on Sonic's Sonic X voice, so I would assume it is the Sonic X cast. Iizuka was overlooking the dub. Not sure if that means the dubbing is done already. It was definitely in the past tense, but it could just mean he was in Berlin and overlooked it for that one week.

Thanks, man. I've updated my news post again with credit to you for the Gamereactor find. That's multiple dubs confirmed now, so I've removed the question mark.

Off-topic: Facebook is watching this topic?? Never seen a Facebook bot on the SSMB before. I've seen Google, Ask-Jeeves and Yahoo, but never Facebook.