Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

I doubt there's anything to worry about as long the normal edition doesn't have it's November 4th release date. Even then, it's unlikely they'd send these so late.

That's weird, but Amazon's had the game listed for a November 30th release for a long time now, and SEGA's only just officially revealed the release date the other day, so I expect they will update the release date to November 4th for all versions soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amazon hasn't always had the best track record when it comes to release dates. The CE will probably just be updated in two weeks. It might have to do with it just being listed and before they had a chance to change the date everyone pre-ordered. How many times has a game company announced the release date of a game and Amazon, gamestop, and a bunch of other stores listed it as months later? It's been more times than I can count.

I hope it comes through, because I need me that box! Yes, I just said box. Out of all the amazing stuff that comes with it... a statue, ring, CD, and DVD documentary... the box is what I'm looking forward to the most. Is something wrong with me? ;-;

Strangely, both my mom & fiancee said the same thing! Weird! smile.png

I'm looking forward to the DVD. I'm hoping for something really special.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just thought that I'd help put everyone's mind at ease relating Amazon and their release dates.

I sent them a quick email asking for clarification on their 30th November release date, and got the following response :

Further to your email please do understand that we ship the items as soon as they become available from our supplier.

In this case as the release date of the item " Sonic Generations - Collector's Edition (Xbox 360) " was November 04, 2011 we would dispatch your order as soon as we have received the item and rest assured that there is no need of any concern.

Please do note that we would dispatch the order as soon as the item was released and was available from our suppliers. As we were previously informed that the release date was November 30, 2011 this was still showing on our website and sooner it would be changed as soon as the supplier updates us regarding the availability.

Rest assured that there is no need of any concern and we would dispatch your order as soon as the item was released though your order status states that it would be dispatched on November 30, 2011.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just thought that I'd help put everyone's mind at ease relating Amazon and their release dates.

I sent them a quick email asking for clarification on their 30th November release date, and got the following response :

So, going by the email, it's pretty much what's been said before , Amazon just haven't had an update of the release date by their suppliers, so I hope everyone will feel assured now that everything is ok :)

Um, I got this email;

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date: "Sonic Generations - Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)" Estimated arrival date: December 01 2011 One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You have not been charged for this item. We do not debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We will send you a dispatch confirmation email on the date of dispatch. Sincerely, Customer Service Department Amazon.co.uk

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

*****WHY WAS THE DELIVERY ESTIMATE CHANGED?While we do our best to adhere to these estimates, our inventory is constantlychanging based on information we receive directly from our suppliers.Occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply or changes in release dates fornew products will add time to our original availability estimate.

*****WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE OR CANCEL MY ORDER? You can always check on your order by clicking on Your Account at the top of anyAmazon.co.uk page. Once there, choose "Open and recently dispatched orders." Ifthere are other items in your order, they will ship according to the deliveryestimates listed in the order details in Your Account.

*****WHAT IF AN ITEM HAS DISPATCHED AND I NO LONGER WANT IT?If your shipment arrives too late, you may either refuse delivery or return itto us for a refund. For returns instructions, please visit our Returns SupportCentre at *SNIP* *****HOW DO I CONTACT YOU ABOUT MY ORDER?If you have more questions, or would like to contact Customer Service, please visit our Help pages:*SNIP******

looking like the Collectors Editions are being dispatched 1st December people sad.png Not sure how it'd go for people who don't have Expedited Delivery... Edited by Verte

Um, I got this email;

looking like the Collectors Editions are being dispatched 1st December people sad.png Not sure how it'd go for people who don't have Expedited Delivery...

SEGABlogs said that it'll be available at November 2011...they didn't say the 4th or the 30th of November...so now I'm worried. If the CE actually comes out on 30th November then screw that! I'm not waiting another month to play Sonic Generations!

SEGABlogs said that it'll be available at November 2011...they didn't say the 4th or the 30th of November...so now I'm worried. If the CE actually comes out on 30th November then screw that! I'm not waiting another month to play Sonic Generations!

Same here. Waiting for confirmation.

Amazon (US) still hasn't emailed me to change the release date for the 3DS version - apparently they still expect to ship it to me this week. . . . I'm not holding my breath. The 'actual' release date is still listed as '2-3 weeks' and I preordered it 2 1/2 weeks ago.

I've also got a preorder in on the PS3 version, however, and I'm pretty sure that one will arrive first. That one has been updated from the original 11/25 arrival to 11/4. I do find it odd that the Nintendo games all have no set date - and Amazon keeps updating me that there are no updates - while the Sega game just has '2-3 weeks [from order]' as a release date. Apparently Sega is printing the 3DS cartridges on demand. wink.png

if Amazons suppliers are not going to release them for a month... I think I'm definately going to look into another avenue for getting mine.

I'm sure this is just a mistake by Amazon and/or their suppliers. After all, it's a different product that the regular version, so it will be treated as such. At the moment all they must have is a simple "November 2011" release, so they put it at the last possible date in the month. And has nobody mentioned that November 30th is a Wednesday?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure this is just a mistake by Amazon and/or their suppliers. After all, it's a different product that the regular version, so it will be treated as such. At the moment all they must have is a simple "November 2011" release, so they put it at the last possible date in the month. And has nobody mentioned that November 30th is a Wednesday?

Yeah that's what i think too. Also i didn't know the CE with the standard editions are the same thing. Cool!

I think both editions will be updated to a 4th November release eventually. Zavvi and Play are still listing the releases of their standard editions as the 18th and 25th respectively.

Edited by Lungo

I just received a confirmation from the biggest local store near my house that they are going to bring the Sonic Generations Collector's Edition only for PS3(biggrin.png) and limited in stock.

My Store's site:

http://www.plaisio.gr/

They haven't updated their site yet but i'm sure they will do when we are near release.

Edited by frokenok3

I just received a confirmation from the biggest local store near my house that they are going to bring the Sonic Generations Collector's Edition only for PS3(biggrin.png) and limited in stock.

My Store's site:

http://www.plaisio.gr/

They haven't updated their site yet but i'm sure they will do when we are near release.

Aww Man! You are the lucky one. I am still mailing Polish stores for this but I doubt anyone will have this here (Our SEGA distributor Sucks in terms of Collectors Editions). Oh and remember to check if its not Limited Edition. Those are different and shops tend to mistake one for other.