Awoo.

What kind of forums do you post on?

Angnix

What kind of forums/messageboards other than this one do you spend your time on, if any, and why? If you don't, why do you stick with this one?

My list is strange. :blink:

I also post at Gamefaqs.com about Sonic games and to give help and stuff. Most of the topics are not interesting, but I post there anyways.

I post on a schizophrenia support forum sometimes because I'm diagnosed with Schozoaffective disorder. I also used to post on a bipolar/depression forum. But I've been shying away from it recently, because it reminds me of my problems too much sometimes.

I sometimes post on an autism/asperger's forum. I started that back when began thinking I had asperger's. It turns out I either don't with some traits, or have it so mildly I would never get dxed anyways, but I sometimes go back there because I like the forum and still can relate to much on there.

I also post on a metaphysical/spiritual forum because I am starting to find that stuff interesting. Though it harmed my mental health when one posting perfectly matched one of my past angel delusions and I had a slight relapse a couple weeks ago :unsure:.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 188Eternal

• JezMM

• SuperLink

• Angnix

I've always been a one-forum kind of guy. Though recently I've taken up posting on a car forum because its helped me a lot.

Now, if the auto scene explodes on the SSMB... XD

I only go to this forum really nowadays (and that isn't saying too much, I guess haha), but I still drop in two others.

Aftervision.net is a forum I've been going to for at least 6 years. It used to be the Fireball20XL forum when it started - which is how I found out about it. It evolved from that to the YGSB (Your General Sprite Board), then to Aftervision. Now there are barely 7 regulars excluding me, but I find it still worth going to - we're all good friends.

Then there's Ultimate-guitar.com , I've been there for a while - a little over two years. I don't go there too much anymore, since guitar isn't the center of my life as it used to be haha. When I'm bored, I'll drop by and answer questions/give advice, or just hang in the Pit.

Edited by Blash

Other than this and one other Sonic forum, not much. I've joined plenty of message boards over the years, but it's difficult to find one that has a lasting quality and keeps me wanting to come back for more. I still keep an eye out for good forums these days.

I also occasionally post on the forum of a popular anime site (you've probably heard of it, if you're an anime fan), though a lot of the topics there tend to be rather crap. It depends on where you go around there. Naturally, the subforums for One Piece and Fullmetal Alchemist are full of idiots, while the one for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is full of relatively intelligent discussion - or at least it was before KyoAni kept trolling the fanbase for the lulz.

Sonic forums.

Yeah, that about sums it up. Most forums I go to are video-game related.

*Shamless Self-Plugging Alert* - I also moderate a friend's forum which discussess Legos, ideas with Legos, and other miscellaneous stuff.

I used to post on Gametrailers but I got bored quickly so now I post here and on two Silent Hill forums. I can't do more than that otherwise I'd get overload and not be able to keep up ^_^

Just this one, starmen.net, and Nsider 2

I wish I could find more as good as those, that moved faster.

Although I'm registered in some other forums, I only post often in this one and ESC-forum. I've been a member there since June 2007 and I love it.

It's very different from this one, more laid back and not as strict. And it's not uncommon for people there to be over 25. I enjoy both for different reasons.

I post here and at E-On (Sonic Wrecks), and I lurk over at Neo South Island. So that's three Sonic forums (two I actively post on).

I also post at Wrong Planet, which is an Asperger/autism forum.

And I post a lot in various LiveJournal communities.

That's about it, really. =SSMB= is definitely the place I spend most time on and post most often in :)

The only other forum I post on is the General Discussion (we call ourselves the GD), on Gaia Online.

The GD is nothing like here. Here, there's not many members and pretty strict moderation. The GD breaks all the rules and still survives. They're jerks, emos, sexist, horny, violent, and rebellious. We (the GD) have a reputation to be incredibly sexual and rude. We're constantly reviving old Internet memes. We have several trolls (people who only post spam), and it's gotten so bad that it's hard to tell who's serious and who isn't. We're always coming across people who whine over why the GD's changed over the years, but other people say it hasn't changed much, if any, at all. When we get bored, we raid; a raid is when we visit another forum (on or off the website) and just post mindless spam. The way the GD sees it, if you don't post a picture of yourself in your signature, you're ugly and not worth their time.

I know, they sound awful. But they're actually pretty fun. The GD is active all hours of the day and night, so it takes a while to get bored. Plus, we joke around a lot. The GD's taught me not to take everything so seriously, and some things can be fun if you make them. My sister hates it that I spend a lot of time with them, but where she goes isn't much better.

I love those jerks, no matter how much they can annoy me.

Edited by Roo

This one.

A lot of other forums catch my interest at times, but I always find myself coming back to SSMB. The people on here are so awesome and wacky, how can't you?

I like to keep things simple. The only other forum I am a member of is the LucasArts Museum.

Other than this forum I find myself going to a Kingdom Hearts Forum because I also like Kingdom Hearts, but the board itself is what kept me there. I occasionally go to a Rap Forum as well.

Only here nowadays, I was a bit more into the Pokemon forum scene (if you are a Pokemon fan, you'll know where from), but that forum is absolute ass so I quit.

I don't go on that many forums at all really. I mainly just hang around here and Sonicanime.net, though the latter has become so dead in recent years and it kinda makes me sad because I really really liked it there and made most of my online friends through it. I wish one day it would return to how things once were but alas probably not.

Other than here I occasionally dip into the deviantART forums when bored but that's about it. I also used to be semi-regular on The Book Of Biff (awesome webcomic) forums and the Youtube Poop forums but sort of eventually lost motivation to go there.

I'm on Youchew poop but I'm thinking of leaving it. The guys on there are really big assholes.

Would you believe they don't think PINGAS is funny no more!? They don't think ANY of the funniest catchphrases

on poops are funny anymore. They think they are

Overused,outdated,fail,stupid, and a few words I'd rather not type.

And if you use something cool like pingas,dinner,etc. in a poop, they will flame the crap out of you.

Here's some of the things they said to me about my poop "pingas is such a beautiful word"

To be honest, it really wasn't that good, but I thought it was hilarious as well as a few others on youtube.

But I don't think it called for these rude remarks:

"your poops suck."

"I could say a lot of things about this poop...but I really don't think I could without being very harsh."

"Remember when Pingas was funny"

"stopped watching at 0:02"

And it's not just me that gets heat from these assholes. Even WALRUSGUY takes shit from them

Here's something he said to these guys:

"If it has sentence mixing and/or Flash animation, it's not a poop. If it has silly sound effects and repetition, it's not a poop. WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM ME!?

I'll tell you what they want, to see you suffer. They don't care who you are as long as you crash and burn so they can laugh about it.

I got so mad, I made a rant about it. here

I also ranted about how poops aren't as funny as they used to be. and how Youtube poopers have really lost their sense of humor. They seem to spend a LOT more time on the chopping,speeding,slowing, and reversing of the poops then working on the actual punchlines, fucked up memes, and cartoons saying bad words stuff (anyone seen the mario world poops where mario says "SHIT" a whole bunch of times?LMAO)

anyway, back to the subject.

Mostly I stay on here. Nicest people on the net. and you all ain't crazy fanboys like the guys on the other sonic forums

Edited by Sailor Popeye

I post here and at E-On (Sonic Wrecks), and I lurk over at Neo South Island. So that's three Sonic forums (two I actively post on).

I also post at Wrong Planet, which is an Asperger/autism forum.

And I post a lot in various LiveJournal communities.

That's about it, really. =SSMB= is definitely the place I spend most time on and post most often in :)

Wrong Planet, yep I went back there yesterday to post a meltdown topic, and ended up posting again in other stuff too >_>;

Oh, and I used to post on Sonic Vegemite and Sonicanime, and a long time ago I was a mod on a forum called Sonic Online.

The only other forum I attend is Lava Reef Message Boards, ecause a lot of the administrators are really cool guys and put up my SoniClan creation there. <=3

Besides that, I don't really connect with forums besides SSMB.

Lesse... Other than this one, I have an account on Ace Combat Skies (look for Angelfire's profile, and use your forum name, otherwise I might not know you!), I have one on Warriors Mist (look for Eaglestripe), ummm... that's about it.

Since I'm also a huge zelda fan, I tried finding a good zelda forum, but can't seem to find an interesting one. So I just picked "the hylia". Still, I post there rarely. There just aren't many members, and the discussions are boring.

I guess I picked this forum because it's the best sonic one out there.

The first messageboard that I ever joined was DoomWorld back in 2004. It's the place where us oldschool FPS gaming fanboys advertise our add-ons and provide each other with feedback/reviews/suggestions.

Lately I just lurk there and silently download whatever add-ons seem to intrigue me the most.

There's a couple of really good add-ons which I'm currently waiting on to become finished and publically released. Once they do get released then I'll finally be able to post something cheerful. But until that day I'll just lurk silently and wait.

The second messageboard that I ever joined was Raven-Games Forum. This was also back in 2004. And yes, it was also an FPS gaming forum, but unfortunately it was filled with mean assholes who didn't accept people with certain fetishes or certain tastes.

I was less mature back then so they easily sparked me up into a flamewar. And in 2005 they banned me because I didn't conform to their ideals that "having a fetish with fictional characters and non-humans is bad bad bad bad!"

So anyways, upon my painful banishment from that hellhole known as Raven-Games, I've miraculously stumbled upon this here ultra-mighty and phenomenal SSMB.

There's not another community on the whole web that even comes remotely close to this one. It's just too beautiful for words. People here actually accept you for who you are without searching for ways in which they can discriminate you or filter you out. They actually read almost everything that you type. And more importanlty, they actually comprehend you.

This is definitely the place where I post the most.

Really, I'm actually feeling thankful for being thrown out from Raven-Games. I feel like this is my destiny.

I was meant to be here instead of there, and eventually I did get here. :D

Cheers!

Edited by DarkJedi188

I'm on Youchew poop but I'm thinking of leaving it. The guys on there are really big assholes.

I think that's why I lost interest. There are some good people but there didn't ever feel like there was a sense of community. Everyone just fought over what was and wasn't poop when it was a loose term to begin with anyway. As you said, a lot of them are simply just jerks. I didn't really fit in. Plus the kind of poops I used to make are the kind they'd frown upon these days, but once I was in the sort of "second tier" of pooping popularity-wise. Not up there with the likes of Mr SimonAlt etc but I got a hell of a lot of views/comments and was one of the first to use a few semi-popular sources like Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. I don't make poops anymore, and the ones I do watch are usually always entirely CD-I based because I love the characters and sentence mixing etc. It's almost like poops aren't remixed videos to me but the latest episodes in the adventures of Link, The King and all the other classic characters, lol.

Which of course the community now hates. Alas.

Nsider2: I usually go here, because a lot of my friends from the original are there. I'm usually on the fan art boards. They're very lenient to where you can chat on the topics, but you just can't act like morons.

Deviantart: Well... I don't go on the forums, for say. I just usually go from profile to profile. To me, that's where the real enjoyment is at. ... click my sig.ಠ_ಠ ... :P

Here: I go on here.

And that's it. I use to go the the Smashboards, but I left that place months ago. I swear, if that place is really the 'central of the Smash bros fanbase', then the fanbase is filled with some of the BIGGEST douchebags and assholes I've ever talked to! All they do is whine about wavedashing, worship the tier list(in which I don't believe in.), boast about their skills and slam anyone who has a different opinion than them without listening to one word the person typed on the board.

Edited by Cat-ball Unity

I'm an active member over at Sonic Retro, as well as having accounts for various Sonic forums, so much that they end up getting neglected I also administrate the LRMB.

I must be a boring person, sticking to these places of discussion instead of going outside them. :o

Aside from this one, there's a few others I go on.

SonicAnime, although like Jez said, it's been dead nowadays, so I don't go there much anymore. Like Jez, I met most of my online friends there, so it's a shame to see it not so active anymore.

Toonzone, which is a forum centered around cartoons and other kinds of discussions.

TWC Classics, which is a forum based on TV channel here called The Weather Channel. Strange I know, but I manged to identify a lot of the music I hear during the local forecast there, and they have people who actually work on the local forecast system there to deal with tech support issues.

Neowin, which is a forum centered on computer related discussion. Since I'm in the IT industry, I follow it very closely, and love discussion about it. It's a great forum to get technical support, and discussion all kinds of other topics.

Edited by Kevin