Awoo.

What kind of forums do you post on?

Angnix

I just usually go from profile to profile. To me, that's where the real enjoyment is at.

Indeed. Amen to that. There are many times when I just come here to send someone a PM or to post a comment on someone's profile instead of flipping through all of the topics/threads.

There are some people here which I've really grown to know and love over the years. In fact, I know some people here so well that my coworkers and classmates seem like strangers when compared to them. Seriously.

Sometimes all that really matters to me is the fact that I get the chance to talk with these particular people here. I don't care what the subject of the converstaion is, as long as I talk to them and I see them enthusiastically responding to me.

Edited by DarkJedi188

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 188Eternal

• ovarloard

• Eileanach

• DarkOverord

I post at some metal forums since I'm a metalhead. There's two that I go to frequently and the other one I don't keep up with that much. I also occasionally post at the official South Park message board at South Park Studios. That's about it.

I've been a member of PCG for years now, before that it was TPS and before that TPB both of which closed due to admin leaving/money issues so we all moved to PCG over the years. Been in the community for coming up 11 years.

I'm also a member of UKA and AUK and post there every so often because I'm also a reviewer for those sites. I'm also a member of Anime League but rarely post and Anime Suki but never post and just go on to find images and such.

Occasionally I post on dA forums but rarely cos most people are trolling or just boring lol

Lemme see...

This board. It was my first forum ever, so I'm kinda stuck here even though I could care less about that blue furry. :P

I sometimes go on Lava Reef Message Boards, which is another Sonic forum. Nice folks there. I should really post more, though.

I'm most active on the Marriland forums, a pretty big Pokemon forum created by the famous Marriland. Other than having a very active community, I have a mod position there. I'm on this board more than any others because of those reasons.

I'm on Kingdom Hearts Insider's forums quite a lot, but I don't post that much. I just mostly lurk there. I like how laid back it seems (at least in the boards I lurk in) compared to other forums.

Other than Marriland, none of the boards I frequent are about something I currently find interesting.

Edited by The Damn Cat

Other than this one, I also post on an RP forum called The FBMB, or First Battalion Message Board, though the name isn't implying that it has anything to do with the military, 'cuz it isn't. Anyway's, it's a new forum created by our very own Rainbow lizard (formerly Lister), and Former member Yuuto (who never rejoined after the server wipe.) I was asked to join along with Sheffman, Breech loader, (known now as Harley Quinn), Foxboy Mick, STK, Thyclaine (who's currently a mod), Dark hero, Darkhaven,(another new mod) Nathan Speed, Fullmetalsonic84, Hejin57, and a few other members here months ago, (basically most of the SSMB's main RPers), as their really trying to get the site of the ground. So far, it's been loads of fun, and we've got a nice little community of 40 or so members at the moment.

I've also recently joined the Lava reef Message board, I've known about it for awhile, but I've just recently decided to join. I like the color scheme they got goin' on over there, really matches my fire themed avatar. :P

Edited by Inferno

I used to post on loads of different forums but since I dropped out or lost interest in most of the others this is the only one I am an active member on. I was a member of an anime one but there were too many odd boys on it so I gave up.

I've never tried to branch out into too many forums at once, and a lot of them that I register on I don't really feel a need to stay active there for one reason or another. Besides this one, the only notable forum I've spent a lot of time on was a video game modding forum I joined back in 2004. I was very active on there being able to help people out and even contribute some stuff until about 2008 when it started to go through the natural regression that a lot of old forums had, and now it's practically non existant save for a few admins throwing poop at eachother.

As for now I'm mostly lurking rather than joining other forums, mostly because my life is a hell of a lot busier now and I have far less time for the computer than I did four years ago, and I don't want to dedicate myself to something I probably can't do. So I keep my actively visited forums to a minimum, with this lovely place being the main one I make sure I post on, you lucky dogs. ^_^

Edited by Tombi

*looks at tabs open*

MOSH, Sonic Turbine, DrShnaps Productions' forum, Middle Ground, ukFur, Power Rings, a friends forum, tSR, two friends forums and this forum.

Most are Sonic aye, however most are sprites too, and ones my own sites. Shows much about me.

BZPower, NFSUnlimited, NFS-Planet, Bioforce Forums (my own forum), Hiper.co.nr (a forum that belongs to a friend from BZPower, currently under construction but surprisingly online), Absolute PlayStation Network (I should post more there).

Edited by Kernel Machinegun

DarkOverord, you brave, brave man going onto ukFur. That place scared me. XD I have nothing against furries or anything but whenever I looked on it there was drama.

I used to post on the Bob and George forum, till I realized it basically amounted to "crappy MegaMan sprite editing forum". It also didn't help that the comic wasn't very funny all that often.

I used to hang out at Segaxtreme, but that forum is impressively dead.

News of a new NiGHTS game drew me to the nightsintodreams.com forum, but that forum has slowed to a crawl since.

I'll post on the Seganerds forums now and again, and I'm also pretty active at Sonic Retro.

I've been thinking about becoming active in the Destructiod and the ScrewAttack forums, they seem like cool places. Screw Attack, maybe less so.

I used to frequent the Muse forum but under a different username. The forum crashed and got rebuilt so many times that I couldn't be bothered to rejoin! :D I was also on the Radiohead, Coldplay and Feeder messageboards but I'm not so active on those forums these days. Birmingham's 02 Academy's Subculture clubnight has a forum which I joined, just for the VIP tickets competitions! Its more general chitchat than specific band chat, but I've found music and band forums can get quite nasty if someone gets their back up about the type of music one likes. :( I don't care much for beign careful about what I say, just in case it upsets someone over something so stupid as music taste.

I'm on DevArt but don't really go there anymore either. My art is terrible and I just get upset and jealous of everyone else's awesome art! :D I can draw quite well but I'm just awful at colouring and never go the hang of Paintshop or tablets! :(

I'm on Handbag and ivillage for girly chats! XD And I'm on the findaphd forums again under a different name, for now its for information but I intend to stick with them if I get on a PhD. Offer advice to newbs when I'm no longer one! XD And it seems like a nice place to go to for support when things turn ugly. As they do.

The forum I go to the most is probably STCO. I originally joined for the comics about 5/6 years ago but I found the people and banter on there was really enjoyable so I've stuck with them! :D Probably the longest time I've frequented a forum but I have had looooooong breaks when I was at Uni.

Edited by MamboCat

I've found music and band forums can get quite nasty if someone gets their back up about the type of music one likes. :( I don't care much for beign careful about what I say, just in case it upsets someone over something so stupid as music taste.

That's exactly why I never even bother to join such forums. There's so many different subgenres of a single genre of music nowadays that I can't even distinguish between them. Therefore, I don't want to humiliate myself infront of some smartass troll.

I'm on DevArt but don't really go there anymore either. My art is terrible and I just get upset and jealous of everyone else's awesome art! :D I can draw quite well but I'm just awful at colouring and never go the hang of Paintshop or tablets! :(

This doesn't mean that you should utterly ditch such an amazing community altogether. Learn how to take pride in commenting and encouraging other artists, because what you give you get back, what goes around comes around. And look for someone who might be willing to accept an art request from you. I'm sure that you'll find plenty of people like that there.

And really, you can try posting fiction or poetry instead of drawings.

BTW, I confess that I also suck at colouring my drawings.

I used to post in the Smash World Forums(smashboards.com) and the Gaia Forums(gaiaonline.com).

But those can both get really boring. The Smash World Forums are no fun with no one posting in the Forum Games. The Gaia Forums are way too out of hand, I don't think they have any rules on their forums.

Let's see, besides here, I go to NFSUnlimited (thanks Kernel!), VJArmy (I go less now that my controller is busted), DDR:UK (I also started to go less due to me not really playing much DDR these days), HentaiPalm (although now it seems that half the posts are trolls, and the other half counter-trolls ¬¬), NowLoaded (basically the hotspot for the latinamerican console pirate scene, but they have an amazing tech support forum), my University forums (that only members of it can access) and the local racing scene forums (that only (ex-)/members of the different racing organizations can access).

DarkOverord, you brave, brave man going onto ukFur. That place scared me. XD I have nothing against furries or anything but whenever I looked on it there was drama.

I've worked out where to avoid and where not to avoid.

Okay I just sit in the Northern Furs bit ):

I post mostly on video game boards. That's about it for me. I frequent Nsider2, KHI, and GreenYoshi.com(sort of have to, considering I pretty much run Mario Media).

Funnily enough, the other forums I tend to visit are Yugioh based. They'd consist of TCGplayer.com (I only post in the yugimons sections), the forum for a loose internet team spawning from that site and the forum of an online version of the game known as Duel Monsters Unlimited. What can I say, I like strangely complicated children's card games.

Edited by Wyde

Well, I used to always go to other forums such as GrimGrinningGhosts, BZPower and SA.net. That was years ago though. And now, I faithfully stay here, and visit no other. <=3

These days the only forums I post at is here, Gaia and The Sonic Community. I post here every now and then, but not all the time as it's rare for me to find an easy to reply to topic, so I don't post EVERY day.

I like to post on the Gaia forums daily, because I'm popular on there so I deliberately post in any Sonic related topic so I can be recognized, and that way I get more friends. I don't particularly like the Gaia forums because it's completely full of n00bs and is very spammy, so I just make quick, 1-5 word replies like everyone else just to be noticed. I hate it otherwise. XD

Recently I've wanted to find a small but active forum to join, so in the end I chose to regularly post at The Sonic Community, after finding out about it in a topic on Gaia. My main aim is to find a forum where I have a possibility of being a moderator which is something I've always longed for, make loads of friends, and find a forum which has interesting and easy to reply to topics, while at TSC only the latter's happened so far, I plan on joining loads of forums until all 3 of those things DO happen, even if I have to join all the little InvisionFree boards again.

A few years back I used to post at LOADS of different forums, like all the InvisionFree type ones, but after a week or so they just died and after a while I was sick of that happening all the time, so I moved onto bigger forums. The first one I ever joined was SonicAnime.net, everyone seemed to ignore/dislike me on there so eventually I left. But yeah I've joined so many forums in the past, I can't even remember them all. Most I only stayed at during my introduction topic though, then I left. XP

Well I started on the FB20XL boards, which later actually became the USSR, but also became YGSB - And then Aftervision. USSR became Munkii, and by this point I had already left both.

I opened my own forum which had a few hundred members with my friend Deekman for our site Deek'n'Dazz, but soon the site disbanded and I join Pixeltendo.

I later became a mod, then an admin.

I split tSR, The Spriters Resource, from Pixeltendo because of the way in which members treated sprite ripping, and now I run the tSR Message Board. I only really visit tSR since I have very little time on my hands as it is, but I hope that I will possibly be a bit more regular here than I was previously.

I go on here and Serebii (Obviously not under this name though) and a couple of Mugen forums. Thats about it. I also used to go to Sonic World's forums before they changed thier forum server.

I used my l337 sk1llz to set up a PHPBB3 board for a high school "club". The club is basically an excuse to set up a bunch of speakers and blast rave music, and then dance to it on school property. The forum was actually pretty successful for a while, but then club attendance atrophied, and the forum hasn't been seeing a lot of traffic lately. Hopefully we'll turn that around.... but I digress.

I also go to sonic cage dome, but it was never as active as this place. Actually, I used to go here a lot more a few years ago, but I stopped.

Other than that, there isn't a whole lot of forums that I really go to. A forum is kind of like a group of friends. You get to know people, and each forum is set up so that anything can be discussed in some way, so why bother with a different one?

Well:

Neo South Island

I frequent there, and typically try to get more attention focused there, but after doing so much for the place, it feels as though suggestions for improvements aren't welcome, and sometimes it feels as though people don't want our RP's to actually end. It's rather frustrating. The place is currently without activity, except for one topic where I'm being borderline flamed by some dude... xD I would think of leaving, but I dunno, I've done so much for the place, I wouldn't wanna just abandon it, no matter how much I want to. Plus I guess I'm in an important position over there, and I don't have the guts to give it up.

Yeah, sounds like a lovely little place, doesn't it? xP ...

Scorehero

The Guitar Hero and Rockband super-forum. This place is the bomb if you're into these games. People from the dev teams from both games post there as well, and contribute to the forums. Hell, we can even INFLUENCE the games' direction (we did with GH3 and RB2!) from there! Place is bloody awesome. Plus, it provides tools for creating custom songs, as well as all the latest in DLC news. Ahhh, wonderful. xD

...There are some people I question the humanity of, though! They've FC'd (100% with no overstrums/drums) almost every song in all the games. o_O

ChineseDemocracy.com

Uh, I don't know why. Axl Rose came by, before, to chat it up with the community, but that was before I got there. I guess I like being in the know about all the Guns N Roses news. Mostly for Buckethead. xD... It's nice to find a place that isn't against the new album either.

Buckethead.tk

Ehh... XD I sorta died away from this place. All the bots over there are really great and all, and usually willing to share, but I don't know... It doesn't seem as inviting as it used to. Perhaps I'd rather stumble around in the dark, in Bucketheadland...

Sonic Retro

xD It's like having Sonic CulT's hacking information, without the assholes. Everyone over there seems really cool to newbies, and it's a welcoming environment. I definitely like the hacking community there. :3

There are a few others, but they're really huge unknowns, and one's closed to the public right now, so I won't mention them <3;