Awoo.

New Sonic Announcement for Nintendo?

Marlbenos

Just read this article from a translation of Eurogamer Portugal:

"The portuguese branch of Eurogamer is reporting that the next Nintendo Power is going to reveal a new Sonic that’s coming out specifically for Nintendo consoles. It appears that the reveal is set to coincide with the E3 presentation.

The magazine shows an illustration that serves as a tribute to the 20th anniversary of the mascot of Sega, with the message "old and new fans will not want to lose him," an allusion that could reference Sonic Generations announced so far only for PS3 and 360.

So obviously there’s a lot of theories going around:

It could very well be the semi-confirmed Sonic 3DS title, which is highly likely;

It could be a sequel to Sonic Colors, but seeing how Mario & Sonic at the London Olympic Games is the defacto Sega’s tentpole Wii title for Fall/Christmas season;

Probably a Sonic Generations port for Wii;

It could also be a new Sonic game made especifically for the new Nintendo console;

Source: Eurogamer Portugal: http://www.eurogamer.pt/articles/2011-05-04-novo-sonic-a-caminho-consolas-nintendo"

I'm hoping for a sequel to Colours, released on Wii [2?] and 3DS, hopefully making use of the 3D screen with the same behind-Sonic camera.

Edited by BlastedPinata

I thought there was only going to be three Sonic games this year. Sonic Generations, London Olympic Games and Sonic 4: Episode 2. I know Sonic 4: Episode 2 has been officially announced already, but Sega has shown nothing of it. And if it's specifically for "old and new fans" and Sonic Generation is not coming out for the Wii, what else would it be?

I'm fairly sure its not a Wii port of Generations... Although seeing as I'm sure I read somewhere it was ridiculously easy for them to port Colours to a HD platform, perhaps the fan reaction to no Wii version means they've done a port? Not likely though, seeing as there trying to get the hardcore fanbase back into Sonic... Is a bit weird though, I'm thinking it'll be a Wii 2 launch/ early release title, hence them not saying much until E3.

EDIT: Remember how Colours was suddenly sprung upon us when we were all hopeful for Sonic 4? Maybe Nintendo like to play their cards close to their chest with announcements? It was a pretty short period from when we found out it existed to it hitting shelves...

Edited by BlastedPinata

Sonic Generations is a sequel to Colors.

A port of Generations wouldn't be a game specifically for a Nintendo system.

The possibilities are:

• New Storybook game
  • Sonic 3DS
  • New Sonic Wii game
  • Sonic Cafe

Doesn't hint at any game(s). It just talks about their plans to celebrate.

Would make sense for Sonic Generations to appear on Wii 2/ Cafe. SEGA obviously couldn't mention it with the trailer being before the wii2 reveal, but have they at any point said its EXCLUSIVELY for PS3/360?

Wonder if this magazine is printed before or after E3 next month?

Edited by BlastedPinata

True, but would Nintendo Power put that on their back page unless it really was a game? Unless Nintendo Powers sales are that bad that they're now promoting games for rival systems XD

Sounds like the Wii is going to get the dumbed down port of Generations, just for the line 'fans young and old won't want to miss.' It would suggest that they've got something which will appeal to both the old and new fans. If thats the case I hope they outsource it.

It would be quite a misleading next month thing if it really did turn out to be a 20 year retrospective and the final game in the list was Mario & Sonic in London.

I always had a feeling that Generations would get a cafe port later on similar to gamecube's SA2:B.

Would make sense for Sonic Generations to appear on Wii 2/ Cafe. SEGA obviously couldn't mention it with the trailer being before the wii2 reveal, but have they at any point said its EXCLUSIVELY for PS3/360?

Edited by Hogfather

I always had a feeling that Generations would get a cafe port later on similar to gamecube's SA2:B.

This is really strange, if it isn't a game, what exactly are they going to show in a 20th celebration?

I doubt it'd be released with updates....depending on how quickly they push out Cafe they might even have a simultaneous release...

Weird. I hope it's Colors 2 or something for the 3DS. I think it's a bit early for a Sonic Cafe title.

Guess we'll know soon.

EDIT: Maybe Sonic Rush 3(D)? I suppose it could basically be more Unleashed gameplay with Rush style zones and Blaze, of course.

Edited by BD3

I hope for a sequel to Colors, meaning, wisps and shit. Does anyone know how much space Colors used on the Wii's disc? Either way I'm certain that they could fit a game just as big as Colors, if not bigger, on the 3DS.

Here's a crazy little theory. It's a Sonic Generations for 3DS with a bit of a twist. The zones aren't the same zones as the ones from the console game. Instead Generations 3DS could base it's zones off of games for various handhelds over the years from the GameGear games up to through the DS games.

Here's a crazy little theory. It's a Sonic Generations for 3DS with a bit of a twist. The zones aren't the same zones as the ones from the console game. Instead Generations 3DS could base it's zones off of games for various handhelds over the years from the GameGear games up to through the DS games.
Eugh. There are a few good games and nice looking zones, but overall the handhelds and their levels are pretty forgettable.

I'd really be happy about a Sonic 3DS announcement. Though, something for the Wii could also be nice.

I'd really be happy about a Sonic 3DS announcement. Though, something for the Wii could also be nice.

Sonic and the big bad wolf, oh wait.

Sonic and the 3 little Echidnas.

It could be a sequel to Sonic Colors

ohpleasegodohpleasegodohpleasegodohpleasegodohpleasegodohpleasegodohpleasegodohpleasegod

I hope it's not Sonic Colors 2.

I don't want another Sonic game where Sonic's the only playable character, has short levels, and has a lame story.

I'd love it if we got a Sonic game with Shadow and Rouge as playable characters to celebrate the ten year anniversary of Sonic Adventure 2.

But it will probably be another Sonic only game.

Sooner or later Sega will hopefully realise that they can't keep playing and only using three characters(Sonic, Tails, and Robotnik).

Hopefully Sega understands that it's no longer the 90s. The last generation of games happened. More characters were added. These characters have fanbases that want to be able to play as there favorite characters.

Edited by Darkfox
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I don't want another Sonic game where Sonic's the only playable character, has short levels, and has a lame story.

I'd love it if we got a Sonic game with Shadow and Rouge as playable characters to celebrate the ten year anniversary of Sonic Adventure 2.

But it will probably be another Sonic only game.

Sooner or later Sega will hopefully realise that they can't keep playing and only using three characters(Sonic, Tails, and Robotnik).

Hopefully Sega understands that it's no longer the 90s. The last generation of games happened. More characters were added. These characters have fanbases that want to be able to play as there favorite characters.

You must realise that this series is about Sonic. Like it or not.

I for one certainly don't want a Sonic game where Sonic himself is overshadowed by his supporting cast. Its called a supporting cast for a reason.

I certainly wouldn't mind being able to play as Tails, Knuckles, or even Shadow, but no more than 4 or 5 gameplay types per game.

You must realise that it is simply impossible for Sonic Team to make a game where every fan-favorite character is playable. It is stupid to demand if from them.

I will laugh if it turns out to be Sonic Adventure 3 and all the fanboys start bitching that it's not on an HD console...no wait, they bitch that it's not on the DREAMCAST 2! ROFL!

And you think a Sonic Colors 2 will be exactly like the first game with no improvements whatsoever? I don't mind playable characters as long as I'm not forced to play as them and I don't want a story that is too over dramatic and it doesn't feel like Sonic.