Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PSN/XBL Demo

Marlbenos

Normally I would be a tad bit annoyed that I have to wait until tomorrow to get this (so close, yet so far), but OoT3D is magical so I'm not too bothered.

I hope it comes to the XBL, it probably will, but still. I have a PS3 sitting around in my house somewhere so I can download it, but I'm not really a big fan of the controller for some reason or another.

I know SoS was apparently supposed to get it as a European exclusive, but I can see one big upside to this, at least; those who can get their hands on the demo before Saturday will have one less thing to queue for, and can spend that time generally enjoying the rest of the day insteadl. :)

I really hope this goes up on XBLA tomorrow morning (before I have to leave for work) too. But even if I can't get it right away, I guess as long as it's before SoS (provided XBLA even gets it), that's fine. Of course, I'd rather get it ASAP.

Demos (PS3)

Sonic Generations 20th Anniversary Demo Available from 23rd June

Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: All locales

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Soo... does this require Gold or not? Will it be in the UK tomorrow?

Also, if it is, what time? I'm working from noon.

Someone PLEASE find a announcement of the XBL version to stop people from worrying that it won't go on even though it's bound to end up on XBL I mean SEGA won't leave out the Xbox owners out and leave them with just a SALE!

Cool for the demo but I'm not sure about it coming the the 360.

I remember that the Mortal Kombat demo was available on the PS3 like...3 or so months before it was released. Yet the 360 did get that same demo evetually....like 2 weeks before release. If I remember correctly.

I hate to be a kill joy but when one gets ones hopes up and then have them dashed, one will have a most painful fall back to earth.

...still, fingers crossed, right?!

Can this turn into to another huge console argument? I feel like we haven't had enough of those lately.

This is pretty exciting stuff, though. Aside from the obvious benefit of getting to play the game personally, I'm looking forward to finally being able to hear the music properly. I expect to listen to Classic Green Hill on repeat for several days straight, and I don't even like the original song that much. Eeee~

• Thumbs Up 1

Once I finish playing through the main series games on Sonic's 20th anniversary, I'll have the Generations demo to finish it off. Thanks Sega!

Edited by Preston

Anybody post this yet? From retro:

sonic-banner-_.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8772-Sonic-20th-Anniversary-Sale-Event-to-Offer-Cut-Price-Sonic-Titles.html

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=24971&st=3855

I assume the demo is the unannounced cherry on top for both consoles. PSN just broke the news first.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

I can bet you they are going to put a demo up on June 23 since they aren't gonna make the release in time for Sonic's birthday and all.

Just making that claim right now.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 2

My guess: City Escape hits PSN and XBLA tomorrow

Green Hill demo at SoS

• Thumbs Up 2

Some news about the demo!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/308587/news/surprise-sonic-generations-3d-demo-out-tomorrow

The demo is hitting XBLA and PSN. Unfortunately it's only TEMPORARY! After July 12th the demo will no longer work.

EDIT: Also it looks like we're only getting the classic version of Green Hill

Edited by Matriculated

Oh yeah, I never thought of that. Different stages being downloadable and at SoS.

OH GOD JUST PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN ON XBLA BEFORE NOON TOMORROW.

Seriously, if it requires Gold, I'll get one. Hell, I might get one month today just as an insurance policy in case it does. At least I get a bit of online then too. ohmy.gif

Some news about the demo!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/308587/news/surprise-sonic-generations-3d-demo-out-tomorrow

The demo is hitting XBLA and PSN. Unfortunately it's only TEMPORARY! After July 12th the demo will no longer work.

aw-hell-naw.jpg

20 Days isn't enough!! :(

EDIT: Also it looks like we're only getting the classic version of Green Hill

WHAT! What about the Modern version??!!

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe we'll get SA2 in some fashion these next days...naw

WHAT! What about the Modern version??!!

Edited by ChikaBoing

No longer work as in we can't play it anymore, or no longer work as in we can't redownload it anymore? I honestly think it would be bullshit if the demo died and locked up after a certain date.

edit: and only classic? that's honestly a real let down as modern is really the gameplay that most people want to try out to see if things have improved.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1