Awoo.

Games Masters greatest gift to the Sonic fanbase ever!

Badnik Mechanic

I just got the newest issue of GameMaster (you'll see why if you look in the toot forum in a few moments),

Inside the magazine there is a small advert about a sister magazine that they make called 'GamesMaster Presents' the advert has the old Sega Saturn box art of Sonic X-treme and the blurb is...

Footage of the great lost sonic game, Sonic X-treme has surfaced online. It was supposed to be the azure hedgepigs first leap into 3D, originally for the Mega Drive, then the 32X and finally the Saturn before being cancelled just before release. See issue 4 of GM Presents for the full story of what could have been.

So naturally I then had a look for this magazine.

Ugh...

This magazine costs £8! EIGHT POUNDS!!! So I wouldn't rush out and buy it as chances are Retro has the same information on it's database. The interesting bit is that section about "Footage has surfaced" Hmmm the only footage I'm aware of is that Sonic Extreme, the skateboard game. So it might be one to read in the shop as apposed to buy.

This is what the magazine usually looks like.

And this is a shot of the blurb.

sonicxtreme.jpg

I do not know when this is out, but looking at the upload date of that last cover image, it might be within the next week or so.

Edited by Hogfather

There's been plenty of footage from Sonic X-Treme that came out during the time when Chris Senn was active. I remember eagerly wathcing it all.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

If I had the money I'd get it, but right now I'm broke. The only videos I've ever seen are those ones Chris Senn released when he shared a lot of materials on his Sonic X-treme website.

Judging by the general GamesMaster trend of their every issue containing about two sentences of badly-written guff for every 40 screenshots printed, it's more likely to be a picture-book than a fully-fledged special edition magazine - I wouldn't expect any decent info from this, or any decent journalism for that matter...

Edited by eXtaticus

• 3 weeks later...

OMG!!! Thanks so much dude but where can i find it to buy this awesome edition!

"Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day."

MAN, am I hoping this magazine hits Ebay. It sounds just FANTASTIC and I definitely need a copy! :)

"Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day."

Gee thats too bad... Because you would have probably given the green for this too...

sonicepic8.jpg

Those... are... classic... stickers

sonicepic6.jpg

That is a fine fine poster you have there.

sonicepic5.jpg

Sonic baydge!?

sonicepic4.jpg

I collect Sonic pins... Sonic pins are cool...

sonicepic7.jpg

Commence rejoycing.

TAILS DOLL?! Did you just say Tails Doll...? 0_0

Yes... I did.

Oh hi Mighty... what are you doing in this magazine? (Not spotted Fang/Nack yet)

Oh whats this... a big feature on Summer of Sonic... with photos!

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 7

Gee thats too bad... Because you would have probably given the green for this too...

sonicepic8.jpg

Those... are... classic... stickers

sonicepic6.jpg

That is a fine fine poster you have there.

sonicepic5.jpg

Sonic baydge!?

sonicepic4.jpg

I collect Sonic pins... Sonic pins are cool...

sonicepic7.jpg

Commence rejoycing.

Yes... I did.

Oh hi Mighty... what are you doing in this magazine? (Not spotted Fang/Nack yet)

Oh whats this... a big feature on Summer of Sonic... with photos!

;_;

This is the only magazine I have ever wanted so badly.

For those wondering... I am NOT going to scan or photograph a single interior of this magazine. Reason being is that my friends have articles in it, I kinda feel it would be disrespectful and somewhat undermining to scan and upload content that they had a hand in making.

I found the magazine in WHSmith, it's the only place I have found it.

I am more or less 100% certain this will NOT see sale outside of the UK.

Edited by Hogfather

So my jacket photo is in there? Jolly good (: I was chuffed as chips when Svend asked me to contribute, and it looks like it ended up in a very awesome publication! Now to get hold of it... It has my name in it, after all ;_; My 5 seconds of fame.

TO NEWCASTLE (Under Lyme) I GO.

For those wondering... I am NOT going to scan or photograph a single interior of this magazine. Reason being is that my friends have articles in it, I kinda feel it would be disrespectful and somewhat undermining to scan and upload content that they had a hand in making.

I am more or less 100% certain this will NOT see sale outside of the UK.

Okay that's cool.

Only UK?! At least can i order it from there?

Okay that's cool.

Only UK?! At least can i order it from there?

You might be able too... or theres a rather spiffing toot forum on SSMB that we could use to sort something out for people XD.

So my jacket photo is in there? Jolly good (: I was chuffed as chips when Svend asked me to contribute, and it looks like it ended up in a very awesome publication! Now to get hold of it... It has my name in it, after all ;_; My 5 seconds of fame.

The awesome jacket has indeed made it into the magazine. It is valued at £60+ and on the rare emerald scale is 4 out of 7 emeralds.

The Sonic Grail is also in there, as is the Sonic Ring, as is the Gamma plush as is the more recent Super Sonic statue.

I know it's valued at £60, because that's what I valued it at XD I wanna see! I bet you my local WH Smith doesn't carry it. My town sucks at carrying anything cool ;_;

I know it's valued at £60, because that's what I valued it at XD I wanna see! I bet you my local WH Smith doesn't carry it. My town sucks at carrying anything cool ;_;

ASDA normally carries Games Master, but I'm not sure if they'd carry this.

You might be able too... or theres a rather spiffing toot forum on SSMB that we could use to sort something out for people XD.

The awesome jacket has indeed made it into the magazine. It is valued at £60+ and on the rare emerald scale is 4 out of 7 emeralds.

The Sonic Grail is also in there, as is the Sonic Ring, as is the Gamma plush as is the more recent Super Sonic statue.

Every time you post i get more excited! :D

That would be very nice from SSMB. T_T cause i'm willing to pay double(or triple) the money if someone picks it for me!

I don't have a local Asda. Well, I do, but it's only accessible by car, not by bus. Now, do I risk taking the hourly bus from my tiny village into town on the vague off-chance that WH Smith has this epic publication, or do I stay at home and just get the thing off eBay eventually? Lazy vs epic curiosity... also, do I even have bus fare and moneys for this endeavour? Why is life so full of trials and difficult choices? ;_;

WHSmith?

Might pop to mine later or tomorrow.

*has a pretty busy day today* D:

I might be inclined to take that route. Here in Aus we occassionaly get a sporadic GM magazine here and there, but I dunno if I'd wanna chance somewhere having it and then miss out.

Just had another big look, in the Summer of Sonic section, theres a few photos, so play "Spot yourself" also they actually mentioned buzzbombers! HOORAY! So I quickly looked at the photo it was referencing and noticed! It wasn't a photo of buzzbombers :( Oh well.

Nothing on Nack/Fang, but then again theres nothing on Bean either and I'm not sure on the Riders characters, not everybody is here Mecha Sonic (the boss from Sonic 3 & Knuckles has a character profile, as does Void from Sonic Shuffle, Black Doom, the Bio-lizard..

... and... Sonic... wearing a pink apron...