Awoo.

Linkabel's artwork!

Linkabel

Well I always like to make drawings and hearing what people think of them and what they like and they don't like. For this drawing I drew Sonic in Green Hill with some classic badniks and Eggman. I was trying to imitate the American box arts and art style (like the one of Sonic Chaos for the game gear). Honestly it started as a drawing in my notebook that I did while I was in class so somehow I think I would made a better job of drawing it and putting more stuff in it. Hope you like it.

sonic_in_green_hill_by_sonicthebluestar-

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Some constructive criticism: Everythings nice and colourful in it, but I think sonic needs a major improvement, his arms and legs look a bit too lanky and the sharp-tooth grin? what..why? D: it's damn creepy.

You got a long way to go if you wanna make it look like the box art images.

But keep going at it though, practice makes perfect :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I guess that the arms and legs do need improvement so thanks for telling me that...and the sharp-tooth grin well I that's always been my style of drawing his grin though sometimes I draw it normally but I do see your point jajaja but thanks for the criticism.

And here is another of my drawings

sonic_vs_wall_e_by_sonicthebluestar-d3hqj94.jpg

I guess I just wanted to do something funny with a sonic drawing.

Edited by TheBlueWind
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

Well I'm going to revive this thread with some submissions that I did for contests, for some reason I can't find the Sonic CD one so I guess I'll start with the Jet Set Radio one:

Warning: Technically this drawings belong to Sega now and can be found in their flickr site

Here is the entry that actually won:

Sega.jpg

And then these two:

Segagenesis.jpg

segasaturn.jpg

To tell the true I knew if they were going to pick one it was going to be the Sega one. It's self promotion and the players will appreciate to tag Sega all over since I think Sega had that reputation of edginess and the hell with society attitude of the 90s. As soon as they announce the winners for the Sonic and Sega All stars Racing contest I will put those here too. Hope you like them.

Edited by TheBlueWind
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just wanted to show this little poster I made to you guys about this little project I'm working on *hint, hint*

Hope you guys like it happy.png

Sonicfinal4Preview.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

These all look pretty nice. My favorites would have to be the fantasy boxart for Sonic 4, the graffiti burners, and the Saint Seiya pieces.

Sonic 4 Fantasy Boxart

Art style differences aside, the Sonic 4 "boxart" looks like it could pass for something official were S4 to have been released during the Genesis era. I especially like the "Are you up 4 it?" slogan on the bottom.

Jet Set Radio Graffiti Burners

These are nice throwbacks to SEGA's history. I could easily see these in ANY urban setting for ANY future SEGA ganes, not just Jet Set installments. I personally think that the next JS game should use the SEGA logo burner for its SEGA splash screen.

Saint Seiya stuff

I'm not all that familiar with Saint Seiya, but these look very professional, appearing as if they could pass for screenshots from the anime or promotional art.

• Thumbs Up 1

These all look pretty nice. My favorites would have to be the fantasy boxart for Sonic 4, the graffiti burners, and the Saint Seiya pieces.

Sonic 4 Fantasy Boxart

Art style differences aside, the Sonic 4 "boxart" looks like it could pass for something official were S4 to have been released during the Genesis era. I especially like the "Are you up 4 it?" slogan on the bottom.

Jet Set Radio Graffiti Burners

These are nice throwbacks to SEGA's history. I could easily see these in ANY urban setting for ANY future SEGA ganes, not just Jet Set installments. I personally think that the next JS game should use the SEGA logo burner for its SEGA splash screen.

Why thank for the comments. But I think I still need a A LOT of more practice for my drawings to look professional, though I'm glady you like them and that you think that smile.pngSaint Seiya stuff

I'm not all that familiar with Saint Seiya, but these look very professional, appearing as if they could pass for screenshots from the anime or promotional art.

Thanks I really appreciate your comments though I think I still need a lot of practice for my drawings to actually look professional, though thanks for thinking that.

Edited by TheBlueWind

Well since the ASR contest already ended and the winners were already chosen I might as well put these here.

flylikeabutterfly.png

transformthefuture.png

Edited by TheBlueWind

Other Graffiti I did for the other JSR contest (yes I cause I want more hoodies) that was in The Married Gamers site. I did two versions but chose the second as my entry.

themarriedgamers.png

themarriedgamers2.png

• 2 weeks later...

A while back I started doing modern & classic versions of all the characters in Sonic's world thinking there might be some sort of contest for Generations....I was wrong. Anyways I decided to grab Modern & Classic Sonic and do something fun with them:

Sonic%20Emblem%20final_zps8f8b1a8b.jpg

A while back I started doing modern & classic versions of all the characters in Sonic's world thinking there might be some sort of contest for Generations....I was wrong. Anyways I decided to grab Modern & Classic Sonic and do something fun with them:

Sonic%20Emblem%20final_zps8f8b1a8b.jpg

Very nice work dude! You've used a really good tone of the blue colour and the quills are a nice length. The JSR graffiti burners also look great too! smile.png

Edited by Red Wisp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Very nice work dude! You've used a really good tone of the blue colour and the quills are a nice length. The JSR graffiti burners also look great too! smile.png

Thanks a lot!! I think when I made this drawing it was the first time I tried to draw Sonic in a different way and the quills were the things I decided to change first.

• 2 weeks later...

Between homework and my birthday celebrations I had to squeeze this for the TSSZ Kittyhog contest: Hello-Sonic.jpg

Never in my life did I think I will ever draw Hello Kitty, but you got to do what you have to do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The back cover I did for the album: SonicFinalbackcover_zps6b83174b.png

And a Mickey Mouse I drew for my girlfriend because it's her birthday: mickeymouse_zps23108191.png

• 4 weeks later...

My attempt at the tomb raider reborn contest: tombraiderfinalsubmission_zps86729d94.pn Seeing some of the other entries...I'm going to get slaughtered:O It was still fun joining the contest though.

That's a very nice pose. You did really well on the perspective, and the expression interests me some, especially with the blood.

Even if you don't win, improvement is its own prize; you got to draw a different pose and a different character than usual. :)

Liking the stuff in this topic overall; you are able to actually draw the Sonic style correctly and for that I greatly envy you.

Hopefully you'll update this thread more often; I'll be following!

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a very nice pose. You did really well on the perspective, and the expression interests me some, especially with the blood.

Even if you don't win, improvement is its own prize; you got to draw a different pose and a different character than usual. smile.png

Liking the stuff in this topic overall; you are able to actually draw the Sonic style correctly and for that I greatly envy you.

Hopefully you'll update this thread more often; I'll be following!

Thank you for your input! It was fun drawing her and like you said at least I got to draw a different character. The only thing that bothers me is that if I would've actually started a month ago I could've drawn something similar to the actual style of the game. I'm still happy with it though since I only had three days to pull this off so I had to make it different from other entries.

I'm actually going to enter another contest so I should have another  drawing up in a few days smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

So I entered this shirt contest and did some designs for it. The theme of the contest was a robot uprising so I first had to draw robots and I came up with these designs: astrobotfiring_zps9a942f53.pngAstroCasshern_zps70de1f0b.pngAstroEgg_zps265a13b6.png

I chose the first one (which was based on Astro Boy/Mega Man/Casshern) and came up with the final design:

emergencyalertsystem_zps855f69db.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Thanks! You actually got that it was a Mazinger Z reference, surprisingly not a lot of people did.

So that was the contest you mentioned? Pretty cool designs I must say. How could people miss the Mazinger Z reference??

That design you went with is pretty creepy too. But I guess you can't have a robot uprising without busting some heads along the way. lol

• Thumbs Up 1