Awoo.

Japanese names for Sonic Generations

Woun

As said, andriasang, for 3DS version will be the name - Sonic Generations: Ao no Bouken (literally "Blue Adventure) and the Xbox 360 and PS3 - Sonic Generations Shiro no Jikuu (literally "White Time and Space").

It is worth noting, is not in vain at Sonic Channel write like this - ソニック ジェネレーションズ ((仮) - Change of name)

"White time and space"? Wow...only one person is so white, so evil, that if he actually could go back in time, he'd make it so inhumanly white that it would be uninhabitable....

2z8aphe.jpg

Vanilla Ice, the son of a bitch. Only he would be evil enough to go back in time and make everything whiter!

....seriously though, it's interesting how each version is getting a different title. We know both games are getting essentially the same plot, so the plot difference explaining the different names is out of the question. Perhaps SEGA wants a way to brand each title differently, to raise marketing value...? I wonder if they'll try something similar overseas.

Edited by EXshad

Like i said over the status update, its nothing special. In japan sonic games allways get some sort of subtitle while in the US it says the one name.

Kind of reminds me of a pokemon subtitle though.

This reminds me of Pokemon.. Name differences.. Black/White; Blue/Red/Yellow/Green etc. xD

Ah, Goku ninja'd..

Edited by ArtFenix

I do think the "white" part is not needed. Time and Space fits well enough.

Will the NGP version be called "Sonic Generations: Red Blood and Guts?"

• Thumbs Up 6

Will the NGP version be called "Sonic Generations: Red Blood and Guts?"

I think that will be the next Shadow game. Shadow:Red blood and guts. :P I can dream right?

White time and space... bit racist. :P

So what would other Sonic games be subtitled?

"Sonic Colors: White, Cyan, Yellow, Orange, Pink, Green, Blue and Purple Space"?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

White time and space... bit racist. :P

So what would other Sonic games be subtitled?

"Sonic Colors: White, Cyan, Yellow, Orange, Pink, Green, Blue and Purple Space"?

Yeah, so that you buy a game where you can use only one wisp xD. Gotta buy them all))!

Too bad Germany won't be getting the subtitles. Blue as an adjective means drunk in German.

Edited by MarcelloF

'ang on, White Time and Space? So... C.Sonic could be Sonic from a different timeline?

• Thumbs Up 1

You do know we've known about the time and space thing for a while now, don't you?

To answer your question, I dunno. Nothing besides that suggests it. But I guess nothing really suggests the opossite. I guess it would be nice so it could clear up the changes..

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, but it only just clicked in my head :P It works in favour of C.Sonic not simply being young M.Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want Classic Sonic to be a younger Modern Sonic. Simply because I fucking hate people who claim the two are seperate characters when they clearly are not. SA1 even referenced Sonic CD. I don't want that straw-grasping to be made canon.

• Thumbs Up 2

If they're smart they won't fully explain what classic Sonic is in relation to modern Sonic. Just let people decide for themselves if he's past Sonic or another timeline/dimension Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

'ang on, White Time and Space? So... C.Sonic could be Sonic from a different timeline?

*quietly tosses up a small handful of confetti*

ninja.png

*quietly backs out of the topic*

*comes back*

If they're smart they won't fully explain what classic Sonic is in relation to modern Sonic. Just let people decide for themselves if he's past Sonic or another timeline/dimension Sonic.

I've been thinking about something like this as well...though knowing Sega, we could be getting a full blown explanation with all the trimmings and plotholes intact.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

I want Classic Sonic to be a younger Modern Sonic. Simply because I fucking hate people who claim the two are seperate characters when they clearly are not. SA1 even referenced Sonic CD. I don't want that straw-grasping to be made canon.

And the people who claim they're simply two designs of the same character?

Best option, sure.

Confirmation of Japanese names:

title_white.png - Xbox 360/PS3

ソニック ジェネレーションズ 白の時空

title_blue.png - Nintendo 3DS

ソニック ジェネレーションズ 青の冒険

• Thumbs Up 3

Confirmation of Japanese names:

title_white.png - Xbox 360/PS3

ソニック ジェネレーションズ 白の時空

title_blue.png - Nintendo 3DS

ソニック ジェネレーションズ 青の冒険

I kinda like the 3ds version of the logo more but damn! They both look great!

I didn't know timelines had to do anything with space past the obvious.

Dimensions, possibly, but even that is a stretch.

I didn't know timelines had to do anything with space past the obvious.

Dimensions, possibly, but even that is a stretch.

I kinda like the 3ds version of the logo more but damn! They both look great!

I like how the first large kanju in the 360/PS3 logo looks like a 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm surprised they didn't give the 3DS version the 'White' name, due to the resemblance between the 'shiro' sign and the console.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ooh, that's cool. I've always kind of liked the longer Japanese names that some Sonic games get... I could take or leave the slightly generic World Adventure, but I love Shooting Star Story as an alternative to Zero Gravity. I do like the sound of both Blue Adventure and White Time and Space, but they seem a bit arbitrary; I assume the white stuff from the first trailer will be in both versions, and obviously the main blue thing will be too, so I don't know why they wouldn't try to pick names based on actual things that the two versions different.