Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

I liked Shadow the Hedgehog. Loved it, in fact. The voices were awesome (especially Shadow's and Sonic's), the graphics were pretty cool at the time and I swear to god, Shadow seems so much more mature (inb4 guns&angst, I mean the cutscenes, like the one after beating Westopolis as neutral). Even SatSR was pretty epic to me.

But '06... BIGGEST waste of $120. EVER.

Anyone else with any hidden secrets they're ashamed of that they would like to share?

How the hell did you spend $120 on 06?

I was once a borderline, if not BLATANT fanboy. Flaming opinions, spreading "stop da Sonic haterz" propaganda in a snobbish way, written a HORRIBLE SA3 idea, WRITING LIKE THIS WHENEVER I HAD RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!, etc. I wanna gag myself everytime I have to think about what a fucking idiot I was ><

Also, inb4 "I jerk off to Amy pr0n" xD

Also, inb4 "I jerk off to Amy pr0n" xD

... Nothing wrong with jerking off to hentai... :blink:

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Bad Quality Post 1

If you want a less dramatic example, I thought Mystic Cave was a haunted forest when I was litttle.

Also, seeing as some people see this as shameful, I like Black Knight and Secret Rings alot.

I kinda sorta support Espio x Nicole.:blush:

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

I still replay Sonic '06 whenever there's a dry release period, yet I can't bring myself to do the same for any other Sonic game. I'm still not entirely sure what I see in it, but I still acknowledge that it's generally shit regardless.

I also dream of a Sonic game set in a open world/sandbox environment that balances physics-defying speed and DMC-esque beat-em-up gameplay. Fuck you guys, I can have unreasonable expectations too. >=\

• Thumbs Up 4

I like reading a good SonxAmy lemon...that's about it. I'm not shameful of it.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh shit, where do I start?

Wait, I'm not ashamed for any of those things. Never mind, move along.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Lol, this thread is tame.

I could type a few paragraph about the 'batshit' extent of my weird fandom-ness, but none of it's a secret (if it was, I wouldn't tell it anyway XD), and I'm not ashamed of it, so nyeh. ♥

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Well...

I used to hate Tails so much when I was a child. Back then, I didn't know so much about the cheats you could use in the game, as well as the things you could do in the options menu, (yes, I was a stupid child)so it pissed me off so much... I just had to start playing as motherfucking Tails. I hated everything about him: how he just kept running on Sonic's ass, how he ran, how he was just immune to anything related to death, how he fucked you up in the Special Stages, how you try to ditch him, but he'll end up FLYING BACK... He was a god-like retard on-the-go in the eyes of my child-form.

So what did I try to do?

Hm, nothing much. I tried to make him fall down spikes, pits, sand or any type of dangerous thing he could fall into, and making him run into enemies.

Alas, I failed. :(

That was back then. Do I still hate Tails?

Not so much anymore. I'm actually starting to like him. I understand it's part of my fault, but honestly... Did they really have to make Tails look so... Desperate in Sonic Adventure? Jesus Christ, if I were Sonic, and Tails kept calling me, "Soniiiiiiiic!" I would have punched him in the face right on the spot. <_<

However, I loved how Tails was like in Sonic Colors. It's pretty much what I would imagine how Tails was in the Genesis games, minus the retarded chasing.

Lol, this thread is tame.

I... used to draw Sonic characters...

with necks

OH GOD I'M A MONSTER! ONLY DEATH CAN PURIFY MY SINS!

Not anymore, Flyboy.... NOT. ANY. MORE.

• Thumbs Up 7

Also, seeing as some people see this as shameful, I like Black Knight and Secret Rings alot.

I supported SonicxAmy and didn't cringe when they pushed this in X because I thought it was pretty normal and a given for them to be together n' stuff.

I fail to see why these two examples should make you feel ashamed.

Hell, I adore SatSR. It's definately in my top 10 fave Sonic games. And it's reception was mostly on the love side. Even then, If I were you, I wouldn't let what I truly like be defined by other peoples attitudes towards said likes. And besides, SatSR showed up SONIC '06 SO EPICALLY after release. I've read of some people admitting that they were misguided in their hyping of '06 over SatSR before release.

As for the SonAmy thing in X, yeah, that pretty much WAS what X was trying to get across and it did it in a mildly good way. The most explicit and best portrayal of X trying to hammer home the SonAmy was in Japanese original broadcast episode 52, which included the song "Natsu No Hi" by OFF COURSE.

Don't feel put out or ashamed by your liking for something that was outright stated. I sure know I ain't! I will admit though that SonAmy fanbrats on the likes of DeviantART and Fanfiction.net leave a bad taste in my mouth and almost make me feel a little....ashamed in liking this fine coupling. Almost.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hey, if I'm not ashamed of shipping Sonic/Tails, Bunnie/Antoine, Knuckles/Sally, Shadow/Amy, Scourge/Miles and Miles/Alicia, I see no reason why anyone should be ashamed of liking the most almost-canon pairing there actually is in the games (Sonic/Amy).

Uh... wow. I didn't even realise I shipped so many couples XD I always thought of myself as not really being much of a shipper, aside from Sontails. Lol. Haha. I don't even know myself, it seems.

I guess my most shameful thing is that my Sonic art style adds a bit of musculature to the existing character designs for the sake of differentiation from Uekawa's noodliness and to add to the presence of weight, and it will probably earn me threats to "Yiff in hell!" in my future. I'm sure it's always garnered me cross looks at cons.

I also don't flip my shit when I see or hear about Rule 34 in regards to the franchise, though I don't seek out that crap either. I just live with the fact that it exists.

I also defended Sonic 06 more than I do today, even though I'm now more knowledgeable of the game's few redeeming features. I guess this is all shameful. tongue.gif

Edit: Oh yeah! I still indulge in ShadAmy, specifically in a private roleplay series I've had with my bestest friend evar for roughly nine years.

Edit: And I love the Werehog... vehemently. Since we got a clear look at him all those years ago. I think he's cute and silly in an ironic way. Never really gave a rat's anus about the criticisms either; at least I had the pleasure of enjoying all of Unleashed.

This post keeps getting longer and longer. I don't know if I'm trying to get myself more hated here or if I'm just happy to vent. I'm gonna leave this topic now. xD

Edited by Nepenthe

I made shitty fan characters. I like to think they were slightly less shitty than the average shitty fan character (I knew better than to just recolor Sonic or Shadow, make them super fast, and give them DBZ energy blasts), but not by much. I still make fan characters, from time to time, though not so shitty anymore (I hope?) and I don't ever use them for anything.

When I first started playing Sonic Unleashed, I actually liked the Werehog. From the Get-Go!

I know there are a lot of people who hate the werehog and some of them frown upon those who do like it. But you know what, I thought the werehog was interesting. And I had fun playing the werehog as well. Who knows; maybe I'm a little weird :P .

• Thumbs Up 1