Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

-My MP3 Player is blue as well as my earphones

Everything else on the list is perfectly normal, but that, my friend, is just going too far!

[/kidding]

• Thumbs Up 3

I've got a few:

-I used to make some weird-ass Sonic fan characters back in the day (a hedgehog pirate, for example).

-Me and one of my friends in elementary school used to imagine levels for Sonic games. They were like 2 seconds long, though.

-I've downloaded all of the Sonic soundtracks.

-I've completed every main series Sonic game except Shadow, SatSR, and SatBK.

-I've completed Sonic 3 and Knuckles 20 times at least.

-I like Silver in both character and gameplay (oh god don't kill me).

-I prefer Heroes over SA1 and SA2.

I think I'll be killed by the fanbase if I list any more.

If it makes you feel better Speedster, I'm way worse off than you are.

I've got a few:

-I used to make some weird-ass Sonic fan characters back in the day (a hedgehog pirate, for example).

That's nothing. I'm currently in the process of creating a fancharacter (hopefully a legitimate one).

-Me and one of my friends in elementary school used to imagine levels for Sonic games. They were like 2 seconds long, though.

I make up my own zone ideas all the time.

-I've downloaded all of the Sonic soundtracks.

I've done that as well, in addition to the soundtracks of various other video game franchises.

Even though I prefer SA1 the most out of those three, there are many elements (mainly visual) that I enjoy about Heroes, to the point that it's just slightly over SA2 for me.

-I like Silver in both character and gameplay (oh god don't kill me).

In concept, Silver's gameplay is a phenomenal idea, but it admittedly was executed horribly in '06, so... I suppose I partially agree on that.

Heroes over SA1 and SA2? Same here bro. I'll always believe this. Heroes > SA1 > SA2. SA1's soundtrack completely wipes its ass with the other two though. Nothing will ever beat that soundtrack.

Not sure if I've posted here yet BUT ANYWAY -I like SA2s hunting stages -I used to dislike Unleashed (bet you didn't see that one coming :U) -Once upon a time I actively defended 06 -Once upon a time I loved every single Sonic game ever

Uhhh, let's see here:

• I like Sonic 3D Blast. BOTH VERSIONS.
  • I like every Dimps game! (yes even Sonic 4). I haven't played Sonic Pocket Adventure or Sonic Generations (3DS) but I'd probably like those too.
  • I used to read a lot of Sonic fanfiction.
  • I hate practically every special stage that's been in the series (I'm gonna heat for that one)
  • I've liked every story in the series (bar labyrinth, ShtH, and 06)
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ha ha, okay I've actually got a shameful one here.

I like to read Sonic x My Little Pony crossover fanfictions (surprisingly, there is actually some decent ones out there).

You may fire when ready.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got one. Really recent one... I find myself mildly attracted to... what do you guys call him? Slumpy? The new Deadly six that looks like a purple haired Ghirahim with fish lips.

I got a few to share:

- When I was a teenager, I drew a very terrible Sonic fan comic. It was "dark" and "mature" in all the wrong ways. I was so proud of it I sent it to Archie. And of course, I received nothing from them about my masterpiece. 

- About a year after I drew the comic, I wrote a Sonic fan fiction that was equally as bad (if not worse) about Sally and Shadow. Which was also "dark" and "mature"  than it needed to be. I got slammed with bad reviews and I immediately deleted it.

- I own a copy of Furry Bomb. 

I used to read Sonic fanfic to get myself to sleep at night.

Please don't kill me!

well i have sort of a crush on sonic, probably weird but i love sonic, i tend to cuddle my sonic plushies at night. also i dont think its cool drawing mature pictures of sonic as its gross, but thats good how you did try to get your work out there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • I like the Akon rendition of "Sweet Sweet" in Sonic 06, even though it really makes me think of a romance between Sonic and Elise, which I find disturbing. It's a real  guilty pleasure for me.
  • The majority of songs and play lists on my mp3 player are Sonic related. I really need to find more bands to listen to and break out of my comfort zone.
  • I haven't played Sonic 06, but just by watching gameplay footage online, I agree with the statement that it nearly killed the Sonic franchise, and should burn in hell where it belongs.
  • I never got all the chaos emeralds in any Sonic game, excluding titles like Adventure and Unleashed where the plot demanded it.
  • Outside of emulators, I only have experience with Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & K on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. I consider them to be horrible ports, so I can't fully judge them yet.
  • I abuse the hell out of save states, especially in the mentioned above Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.
  • I haven't beaten Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, or Sonic Unleashed, and it took me a year to beat Sonic Generations. I hate the controls in Big's fishing stages, thus I haven't beat his story yet. I got a game over in the final story of SA2 and decided to rage quit. I decided to rage quit on the final boss of Sonic Unleashed. It took me nearly a year to defeat the Time Eater in Generations.

*I've 100% Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I mean, like 100%. Four save files, (1. Sonic & Tails, 2. Sonic alone, 3. Tails, 4. Knuckles). All 7 Super Emeralds on all 4 files. And then I did it again on Tiddles' Sonic 3 Complete hack. Yeah, I'm obsessed.

*I think Sonic Heroes is awesome, and is one of my favorite Sonic games

*I actually liked playing as the Werehog in Unleashed (PS3). The concept itself is terrible, but the actual gameplay was pretty fun. I first played the Wii version and hated it horribly, but then I later got a PS3 and played the PS3 version, and it was pretty fun (especially considering how the Wii version was just pure absolute shit)

*I've kinda wished Sonic X would do an adaptation Sonic 06's storyline, since they adapted both Adventures. I mean, then we could have seen an animated Silver, Blaze, Methiles (haha get it... Mephiles in his crystal form is Methiles... like crystal meth... ok nevermind *runs*)

"I thought Sonic 06 was a masterpiece. Definitely better than the Genesis classics"- Adolph Hitler

• Thumbs Up 1

*I've 100% Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I mean, like 100%. Four save files, (1. Sonic & Tails, 2. Sonic alone, 3. Tails, 4. Knuckles). All 7 Super Emeralds on all 4 files. And then I did it again on Tiddles' Sonic 3 Complete hack. Yeah, I'm obsessed.

*cracks knuckles* OK, check this out:

All my complete saves on my Genesis S3&K Cart:

1 - Sonic & Tails - Hyper Sonic

2 - Sonic Alone - Super Sonic

3 - Sonic & Tails - Not a Single Chaos Emerald

4 - Tails - Super Tails

5 - Tails - Not a Single Chaos Emerald

6 - Knuckles - Hyper Knuckles

7 - Knuckles - Super Knuckles

8 - Knuckles - Not a Single Chaos Emerald

I have all the different pictures.

• Thumbs Up 1

My first Sonic game was Sonic Genesis, and when I had it, I didn't think it was bad. But, I do assure you that it was just because I never played Sonic 1, so yeah...

You may now proceed to kill me.

Edited by Megamaster7941

My first Sonic game was Sonic Genesis, and when I had it, I didn't think it was bad. But, I do assure you that it was just because I never played Sonic 1, so yeah...

You may now proceed to kill me.

How would you like to die, Electric Chair or Lightning Bolt?

I died 12 times playing Sonic 1. You'd figure I'd die this much if I played it as a kid, right? This was on the Generations version. In 2012.

I got a few to^^

• I actually prefer modern Sonic's design over classic Sonic. (I'm going to get hated for that right^^)
  • I used to be active in the dark side of the fandom. Been member on a certain website I won't mention here. I've read the fanfics, seen the pics and participated in the RP's XD
  • I enjoy listening to crush 40

I got a few to^^

Wait, how is this shameful? Crush 40 is well liked by the majority of Sonic fans. I don't consider this shameful in the slightest.

I got a few to^^

• I actually prefer modern Sonic's design over classic Sonic. (I'm going to get hated for that right^^)
  • I used to be active in the dark side of the fandom. Been member on a certain website I won't mention here. I've read the fanfics, seen the pics and participated in the RP's XD

Only the second could really be considered shameful, nor should they be kept a secret.

But then, 90% of everything posted in this topic shouldn't really considered "shameful," either.

Edited by Akito

Wait, how is this shameful? Crush 40 is well liked by the majority of Sonic fans. I don't consider this shameful in the slightest.

There is a reason why not much people like it outside the fandom. It's often very cheesy, corny and uninspired. The truth is there is so much better music to listen to. None the less I listen to Crush 40^^

There is a reason why not much people like it outside the fandom. It's often very cheesy, corny and uninspired. The truth is there is so much better music to listen to. None the less I listen to Crush 40^^

True, I guess it's all opinions. Still, I don't see Crush 40 getting all that much hate in or out of the fanbase, aside from maybe IGN. But like I said, I don't find it shameful at all that you like them :).

When we live in a world with musicians as universally detested as Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj, then regardless of the opinions of those outside the fandom, I don't think there's any reason to be "ashamed" or "secretive" about listening to Crush 40.

With that said, if someone judges you as a person for your taste in music, then they clearly have some issues to work out.

When we live in a world with musicians as universally detested as Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj, then regardless of the opinions of those outside the fandom, I don't think there's any reason to be "ashamed" or "secretive" about listening to Crush 40.

With that said, if someone judges you as a person for your taste in music, then they clearly have some issues to work out.

That's true :)