Awoo.

LulzSec hack... (Insert most recent target here)

Patticus

By the end of 2011 all video game companies will be deemed "unsecure" causing the death of online gaming.

Edited by Flint

It looks like SEGA may have had their systems hacked. SEGA Pass has emailed out saying user data has been compromised and you should change your password.

It looks like SEGA may have had their systems hacked. SEGA Pass has emailed out saying user data has been compromised and you should change your password.

Yup

HlSwS.png

I rarely use my SEGA PASS so I might not change my password :P

They released 62,000 email and password combinations from some obscure writers' website called Writerspace. The ensuing chaos is available for browsing on their twitter, for those who want the condensed version some people are going to be very confused about items they receive from Amazon on their dime in a few days. Apparently Anonymous still don't see a reason to go after these guys. So much for the champions of free internet, it doesn't take a genius to see the legislation these hackers are driving the internet toward.

Though I am still amused by how most of the world's governments seem completely helpless in the face of a group of random assholes that are primarily just DDoSing websites requested on their call line now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Gizmodo took that leaked list of emails and compiled it into a searchable database so you can check if you're on it.

http://gizmodo.com/5812545/find-out-if-your-passwords-were-leaked-by-lulzsec-right-here

EDIT 2: Fixed the link in my first edit.

Edited by Matt

Though I am still amused by how most of the world's governments seem completely helpless in the face of a group of random assholes that are primarily just DDoSing websites requested on their call line now.

You don't extract 62,000 passwords and accounts by DDoSing websites. These guys have a bit more firepower than most regular Anons.

Oh hey look at what just popped up on their Twitter.

@Sega - contact us. We want to help you destroy the hackers that attacked you. We love the Dreamcast, these people are going down.
Edited by Carbo

You don't extract 62,000 passwords and accounts by DDoSing websites. These guys have a bit more firepower than most regular Anons.

Edited by Matt

Where abouts is that? I don't think I've ever been a member of that site before, but I just wanna make sure given the stuff I used to be involved with at uni I wanna make absolutely certain.

Well I just put my email in and nothing happened? Has anyone else tried it? Does anything happen or... what?

Yeah I'm pressing check, doing it on firefox and IE. Nothing happens.

I just had a friend look for me, (who also checked hers!) fortunately it says it's not on the list. not sure why it wouldn't work for me though, oh well.

Well I'll be damned. This is getting ridiculous (sp)

Thank god my info wasn't leaked.

But I don't give a damn. I never use that email I had.

Edited by Doug Dimmadome

Eurogamer's updated their article with a comment from SEGA

UPDATE: Sega has told Eurogamer that it isn't in a position to comment on who might be responsible, explaining its "internal investigation is ongoing".

A spokesperson for the publisher also said it will bring Sega Pass back online "as soon as we can" and that it intends to take all necessary measures to protect against future security breaches.

"We take the security of our customers data very seriously and constantly review our security measures. The protection of data is an evolving process, as new defences are created so new threats emerge. We will make all improvements necessary as a result of this intrusion."

So, remember when these guys decided to one-up th3j3st3r? Seems that there might have been more to it than a simple rivalry. A friend forwarded me this post from th3j3st3r's website where he reveals his suspicions as to who Lulzsec might be.

http://th3j35t3r.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/quick-n-dirty-just-for-clarification/?utm_source=Jesters+Court+Blog&utm_medium=twitter

It is worth noting they did take a leave of absence from their regularly scheduled internet supervillainy for a period of hours without explanation and announced they're taking the weekend off. Perhaps they're moving to try and cover their tracks better if they were called out on this.

He seems to have at least one of them pretty well pinned.

This is starting to get interesting.

Edited by Matt

So, remember when these guys decided to one-up th3j3st3r? Seems that there might have been more to it than a simple rivalry. A friend forwarded me this post from th3j3st3r's website where he reveals his suspicions as to who Lulzsec might be.

http://th3j35t3r.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/quick-n-dirty-just-for-clarification/?utm_source=Jesters+Court+Blog&utm_medium=twitter

It is worth noting they did take a leave of absence from their regularly scheduled internet supervillainy for a period of hours without explanation and announced they're taking the weekend off. Perhaps they're moving to try and cover their tracks better if they were called out on this.

He seems to have at least one of them pretty well pinned.

This is starting to get interesting.

Used the e-mail checker and saw my shit wasn't leaked. Thank God; I'm getting sick of this.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Phew, looks like my info's safe...

I hope the lulzsec are found and locked up. I'm beginning to feel unsafe online knowing that these bastards are preying upon people who didn't do a damn thing to them.

I just checked my email and nothing is happening...I guess I'm safe because I also found nothing when googling it

I kinda wish that this would end up with sites not requiring more information than they really need for an account, or requiring an account at all, or at least not unnecessarily preventing things from people without accounts (gametrailers, I'm looking at you).