Awoo.

Videogame Urban Legends

Badnik Mechanic

This is probably going to be tied to the early 90's as it seemed to die out come the late 90's and it's practically unheard of now (thanks to the internet debunk machine).

But when you were growing up, did anyone have or hear of any videogame urban legends? Things like so called cheats which would change a game completely, or things you could do that would pull off one time amazing things that almost nobody had seen because they were super hard?

Today these things are so obviously fake and false that they can't possibly be real, but back in the day, videogames were such a new thing that it did almost seem like it could happen.

Now, at the time your videogame circle of friends was normally your classroom friends and the wierd kid who lived down the street that 'ALWAYS' had some wierd new thing, be it the power glove or some odd device that you could plug into your MegaDrive to play Master System games. There was no internet (well not like we have today). So I would be very curious to hear just how far our old urban legends got to, if indeed they made it outside of the local area.

First up.

Street Fighter 2

Kens Super Shoyruken: You know the Dalsim stage... this one.

111558-street-fighter-ii-snes-screenshot-dhalsim-s-yoga-fire-surpasses.png

The rumour was that if you played as Ken on that stage and waited until the elephant on the right of the screen lifted it's trunk, if you were able to pull off 10 Shoyruken's in under 5 seconds (which is impossible), the 5th uppercut would know your apponent into the elephants tusk taking away all his health and giving you an instant win for the match.

Now at the time this seemed possible, because back then special moves were not widely known, they were not printed in the game manuals like they are today, magazines rarely put a movelist in them because even they didn't know, it was rare for every magazine to put a moves list in. I can remember going into arcades and guys would put jackets or shirts over the controls because they knew the special moves and didn't want anyone to copy them! As crazy as that sounds today, that did indeed happen at a few arcades and friends houses.

Looking back it's beyond stupid. So many reasons why, first, it's impossible to do that many but the idea that the elephant would aid in your attack? Kinda daft.

Chun-Li's rock

This was an arcade rumour that found it's way to the home console stage, but I can't remember if this rock exists in the console versions.

This is the Cun-Li stage.

27m.jpg

Do you see that rock in the forground? The rumour was, that if you entered a special combo whilst doing a spinning bird kick, Chun Li would pick up the rock and throw it at the apponent.

Rubbish we know... but we can see how it could be truth, being a forground object, you can understand how some people would think that it was a real thing.

Street Fighter Alpha...something

Vega wants his name back

When I was still at school a friend of mine invited me to a day out at a small seaside town called Witheransea. It's a very very small place which is very very run down, but it does have some (now old) arcades. Now we'd planned on meeting up with another friend of his who was aparently a master at the Street Fighter game that they had there. I can't remember the name of this one, but it wasn't Street Fighter 3, nor was it 2. I think it was one of the Alpha games, but I can't remember which one.

The one thing I do remember, because it was the whole point to the story, was that it was one of those street fighters where the characters didn't have their original names, one of which was Vega, I think that he was in the game, but he had another characters name/or it might have been he wasn't there, but another character had his name.

What he did after he put his money in the machine was as follows.

At the character select screen, he did this odd movement wit the joystick, so that the character select icon went over the characters in the corners, but nobody else, he even said to us "Notice how theres a pattern forming?" He then pushed the select button when there was only a few seconds left to select a character. He then said "Awww I missed it" he then said "What should happen is that I would have selected ***** (can't remember who) and in the first fight Vega comes down and beats up the other character, he then says 'I've come for my name back!' If you beat him, you then get to play as him.

At the time, because I saw him do this odd thing at the character select screen, and because he really was a very good arcade player, I believed him. Also, at the time, there were tons of hidden things like this popping up in beat-em-ups. e.g. hold Up when selecting Smoke and you can play him in his Ninja form etc etc. So it didn't seem that much of a hoax to me.

Sadly however, it's not real.

Sonic 2

Play as Tails & YOU CAN FLY!: This rumour went on for months before people at my school more or less agreed that it was fake. The belief was, that you could play as Tails and that you could fly. Now, theres a few things you have to remember. In the 90's videogame manuals were epically boring things, for the EU market they were often written in lots of foreign languages and didn't contain any pictures or anything of interest. So we didn't read them.

The other thing you need to remember, and this will come back to haunt us in Sonic 3. In Sonic 2. The UP button has virtually no use. Nobody used it.

The rumour was that you could play as Tails in the single player mode. Ok.... so what you can.... well... for us young kids, this is our experience of Sonic 2.

Put in the game.

Turn on the power.

Then we see this...

sonic2_2.png

Anyone spot an options menu? Nope. Ok well 1 player I press and suddenly I'm in the Emerald Hill Zone act 1. For the best part of a month, nobody at my school had any idea how to get onto the options screen because none of us had ever read the manual. We knew you could play as Tails in the two player mode. But not in the single player mode.

Then suddenly. Bad Influence came on TV and everyone watched in awe as we all saw the cheats guy announce not only a level select for Sonic 2, but also that it had an options menu.

At around 4:55

Nobody could believe it! We all saw the level select screen as it was the only thing they showed. Not only that, but this level select cheat was the first time anyone had heard of it, it beat all the magazines by nearly a month even Mean Machines haddn't published it. Now, they announced it by "Go to the options screen and then sound test and..." The problem was, they never said how to get to the options menu.

So everybody waited a week to find out if they would go on about it again... and they did! They were inundated with letters from people asking how to do the level select cheat, so they said it again. To this day I remember Violet Berlin's line.

Right at the start "Because none of you had written it down"

They showed the options screen and we saw the "Player select" bit so we knew it was real! With regards to the whole Bad Influence episode, if you google "Sonic 2 level select Bad Influence" you will see loads of comments on this. What they didn't know, because they had read the manual, they assumed everyone else knew how to find the options screen, but nobody did! When magazines got the cheat, even they didn't tell you how to find the options screen. When Bad influence got the cheat, it was way into January 1993, the game had already been out and even people at school still didn't know how to find the options screen. When suddenly I did it! I found the options screen, completely by accident.

I went to school the next day and for the best part of an hour I was a hero as I'd unlocked the options screen and we could finally play as Tails... Then the rumours started.

"Can you fly?"

For weeks people would come into school with stories about how you could fly if you did this... this... this... and that... But eventually... we gave up. You couldn't fly... it was a lie!

There were tons of these rumours in the day. Sonic CD had a few, like play as Tails. But almost nobody (except me) had a Mega CD and Sonic CD so it didn't spread like crazy.

What about everyone else, did you guys have any rumours or urban legends for the old games?

"Can you fly as Tails?"

Edited by Hogfather

Surely if I post this picture, no more explanation is needed?

mew-truck.jpg

And if an explanation is need, you need to play more Pokémon there was a practically worldwide rumour that you could push the truck using strength and would find mew underneath. Mew can completely unobtainable legally in Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow except through a really elaborate glitch.

So bloody elaborate you'd think it's fake.

Oooh here's another.

Luigi in SUper Mario 64!

myth3.jpg

There are so many insane methods to this one, all are absolute bull. One involved dying several times and then heading to Tick Tick Clock, where Luigi would for some reason be waiting for you. Most involved some sort of thing with the mirror room and Big Boo's Haunt. That was quite cool actually considering how Luigi's Mansion forever cemented Luigi's association with ghosts, and how you unlock him in a new part of BBH that's filled with mirrors in the NDS version.

EDIT: @ Carbo: :P

Edited by Blue Blood

Way too many for Banjo-Kazooie to count, not even counting Stop 'n' Swop. Part of my love for Kazooie stemmed from the mysteries that surrounded the game and everyone speculating what they could mean, even minor details such as the numbers in the mansion cellar.

This one may be more of a creepy pasta than an urban legend, but many say otherwise. So here's the chilling story of a game called "Polybius."

1086566949.jpg

Polybius was a puzzle game that had a very limited release, reportedly restricted to less than a dozen arcades in a small Portland suburb. The games history is hazy. Reports indicate that children that played Polybius could no longer remember common and basic information critical to their lifestyle such as how to find their home or even recall their own name. It is unknown if these effects of amnesia were permanent. It is known that those that played the program were victims of unbearable nightmares often waking up at night screaming in fear.

One of the previous arcade operators vows that gentlemen dressed in black coats would periodically come to retrieve play statistics and other records from the coin-op. The mysterious collectors failed to take the coin earnings, nor did they seem interested in or recognize any monetary potential that is usually associated with such devices.

Supposedly it is rumored to have been developed by some kind of uncanny military tech offshoot organization. It was said to have some kind of proprietary behavior modification algorithms developed for the CIA or other other secretive outfit.

The game itself is very abstract in design with fast action and puzzle elements. While the kids that played Polybius refrained from playing other videogames aftwerwards, one in particular became a big anti-videogame advocate. We have contacted an individual that knows him, and he claims that the Polybius machines were removed from arcade premesis within a period of four to six weeks. For over twenty years all has been silent concerning polybius until the ROM recently appeared. Our source regrets mentioning his involvement, and claims that our hobby is not his hobby, and wishes to wash his hands of the entire story.

Do you accept what GDG has confirmation about Polybius or do you believe that it is simply modern folklore, contemporary legend and cautionary tale? If you know of any additional information concerning Polybius, please contact us immediately!

Personally? The whole story about a game killing and making people insane seems like something out of a cliche horror movie to me, but interesting nonetheless.

Edited by The Stinking Recolor

You know what I find amusing? That back in the Red/ Blue/ Yellow days, kids would talk crap about 'Pokemon Black and White' being upcoming games. :lol:

Oh, and the bunch of stupid "Get <insert Gen 2 Pokemon here> in R/Y/B" hoaxes. The fact Togepi appeared in the anime during the original series really didn't help with that one seeming legit.

Edited by -Mark-

Know what I find extra funny about the Pokemon van in Red/Green/Yellow/Blue? The fact that in Fire Red/Leaf Green, there's a Lava Cookie right next to that van. It's like Game Freak ACKNOWLEDGED that Urban Legend!

Ressurrect Aeris/Aerith in Final Fantasy VII

Legendary this one. Some people have actually gone to amazing efforts to convince themselves that Aeris was meant to be ressurrected in FF7 and that it was always something that was intended but was dropped in the final version. Tetsuya Nomura assured that the death of a main character was always planned from very early development and that he and his colleagues decided Aeris after a long debate.

A guy called Ben Lansing even had the n00bs swallowing his cock and bull stories hook, line and sinker when he claimed that he was a games tester who tested FF7 and asserted that Aeris' ressurrection was a dropped element from the final game. Even after Lansing confessed, there was still n00bs dragging his old cock and bull story around and the Urban Legend is STILL propagated to this day regarding Aeris.

Find the Triforce in Ocarina of Time

People use to claim that you could find the Triforce in OoT. There was hoaxes everywhere regarding this. It's not helped by the fact that an extremely early beta video actually showed Link opening a chest and gaining the Triforce.

Schala was meant to escape from the Ocean Palace incident and become the 8th party member in Chrono Trigger

Similar to the Aeris rumours. People have asserted that Schala was supposed to be 'found' after the Ocean Palace incident and she'd become the 8th party member. This is complete bull. Gaspar was intended to become the 8th party member in development but this was scrapped quite early in development. Schala's sprites are compressed in the ROM in the final game, proving that she was never intended to be a playable, as the playable character's sprites and data and in RAM so they could be loaded quickly on the fly instead of being compressed.

Edited by Verte

inb4 Mew under truck, L is real 2401, etc. I type way too fucking slow these days.

I had a friend in 4th grade who trolled me hard by claiming that there was a way to turn every single character in Mario Sunshine into Pokémon, as well as claiming that Mario w/FLUDD was unlockable in Melee, and the Japanese version of Pokémon Stadium has a scene with Misty stripping. But then again, maybe I did think he was full of it, since I made no attempt to see if it was true when I got home. :V

Edited by Ricky

This one may be more of a creepy pasta than an urban legend, but many call it a legend. So here's the chilling story of a game called "Polybius."

1086566949.jpg

Seems kinda baloney to me, but an interesting story nonetheless.

Wait, wait, wait, wait. I have lived in Portland, Oregon my whole life and for some reason I have never heard of this. However, there are still arcades here in Portland and the gaming industry is pretty big here, there are quite a few gaming shops here and gaming is a recognized public hobby by many. Doing a quick google search though, apparently there was a news story on this 2 weeks ago: http://www.huliq.com/10282/polybius-video-game-surfaces-oregon-resort-while-legend-states-it-produced-zombies

Luigi in SUper Mario 64!

myth3.jpg

There are so many insane methods to this one, all are absolute bull. One involved dying several times and then heading to Tick Tick Clock, where Luigi would for some reason be waiting for you. Most involved some sort of thing with the mirror room and Big Boo's Haunt. That was quite cool actually considering how Luigi's Mansion forever cemented Luigi's association with ghosts, and how you unlock him in a new part of BBH that's filled with mirrors in the NDS version.

You have to give it to Nintendo, they took borh rumors and eventually gave them some truth, with Luigi being a slightly different Mario unlocklable in Galaxy and also being unlockable in Mario 64 DS involving a secret stage with mirrors and Big Boo.

Anyway, I have some I want to share but will write them up later. I love this stuff, though the coolest ones are when they actually turn out to be true.

List of Games that Have HUUUUUUUGE Urban Legends

Any fighter game(Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, etc.)

Super Smash Brothers

Super Mario 64

Almost every NES game

The Final Fantasy Series

...and the list grows....

The internet has killed off a lot of the novelty of these past times (fortunately or unfortunately, depending how you think about it) but we still are uncovering some secrets in games that weren't discovered for years. Just to kind of illustrate my point, here are things many believed to be fake that turned out to be true:

1. First, the above-mentioned glitch to get Mew legally without hacking or going to an event. The process to get him sounds completely fake, but it really works and is a glitch in the programming:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_glitch

2. A secret code was found in Wave Racer for the Gamecube 10 years after the game was out. There was no printed media that reported this code, it was discovered on accident and causes the announcer to insult you throughout the match instead of praise you:

These next few are provided by Game Trailer, who have been doing the fantastic "Pop-Fiction" series on these rumors to crack if they are true or not.

3. Chris Hullian Room in Link to the Past:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-1-pop-fiction/65246

4. Jump over the flagpole in Mario Bros:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-2-pop-fiction/100619

5. Play as Master Hand in Super Smash Bros Melee:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-3-pop-fiction/701341

6. Play as Reptile in Mortal Kombat 1:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-4-pop-fiction/701748

There are more but I need to catch up with the new episodes. Amusingly, it tackles on some of the subjects already mentioned here like the Luigi in Mario 64 and Aeris's revival in FFVII. See the playlist here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/pop-fiction/13123

I got more coming later.

Edited by Dusk Golem
  • Thumbs Up 1

This one may be more of a creepy pasta than an urban legend, but many say otherwise. So here's the chilling story of a game called "Polybius."

1086566949.jpg

Personally? The whole story about a game killing and making people insane seems like something out of a cliche horror movie to me, but interesting nonetheless.

I'll just leave the link to the alleged "PC Remake" down here...

http://www.sinnesloschen.com/

Shadow in Sonic Advance: Alot of cheat websites would list a code to play as Shadow in Sonic Advance, after a while, I realised they were retarded and meant Super Sonic!

Hmm, it's perhaps best perhaps not to post a picture of the myth to go along with this, so have the boxart instead:

20101224020707!Tomb_Raider_1_Box.jpg

Back in 1996, everyone wanted to check out those polygons, and so countless cheats popped up telling you how to make Lara show off her conical breasts and cubic arse or do carious other sexual things. Needless to say, they were all a little... fake. Many of them, much like the Luigi SM64 cheat, involved you going through some really insane procedures to make Lara strip down completely, usually in the final cutscene of one of the games. Here's some examples...

I got a mail from a friend how to see Laura nude on the playstation, I haven't tried this since I don't own a psx:

"What you do is: go to lara´s house and take a swim, then when she´s out of the water and says she´s gotta get outta her clothes, (on the Playstion) you press select, the square button, and up and down.

Back in those days, you could get away with the sort of lie. And then all of these, mostly designed just to make you feel stupid:

What you need is a microphone and a soundcard. Start a new game in Tombraider and go some place calm where you're left alone by Lara's enemies. Then turn the microphone on and say one of the following lines loud and clear (the voicerecognition isn't all that good and you need to repeat your lines often.

Enjoy yourself cheat

"Lara remember the last time you had sex imagine someone would spread your legs and pet you" (Last 3-4 minutes)

Breasttouching cheat

"Lara you have wondeful breats imagine someone would touch them and tries to suck on your nipples" She touches her breasts and then does the cheat above.

Groaning and moaning cheat

You moan and groan in the microphone for about 30 seconds and during that time you type the words "SEX", "ORAL" and "TOUNGE" and then after she has moaned and groaned for a while she does the two cheats above.

Edited by Blue Blood

I'd like to mention that the creation of the Mortal Kombat character Ermac was entirely the result of an urban legend crafted by fans around the time Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat II were being played in the arcades. The developers liked the idea enough that Ermac became a legitimate character in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and has since been a staple in all the games released afterward.

He also just so happens to be my favorite Mortal Kombat character.

Edited by Chooch

The internet has killed off a lot of the novelty of these past times (fortunately or unfortunately, depending how you think about it) but we still are uncovering some secrets in games that weren't discovered for years. Just to kind of illustrate my point, here are things many believed to be fake that turned out to be true:

1. First, the above-mentioned glitch to get Mew legally without hacking or going to an event. The process to get him sounds completely fake, but it really works and is a glitch in the programming:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_glitch

2. A secret code was found in Wave Racer for the Gamecube 10 years after the game was out. There was no printed media that reported this code, it was discovered on accident and causes the announcer to insult you throughout the match instead of praise you:

These next few are provided by Game Trailer, who have been doing the fantastic "Pop-Fiction" series on these rumors to crack if they are true or not.

3. Chris Hullian Room in Link to the Past:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-1-pop-fiction/65246

4. Jump over the flagpole in Mario Bros:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-2-pop-fiction/100619

5. Play as Master Hand in Super Smash Bros Melee:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-3-pop-fiction/701341

6. Play as Reptile in Mortal Kombat 1:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-4-pop-fiction/701748

There are more but I need to catch up with the new episodes. Amusingly, it tackles on some of the subjects already mentioned here like the Luigi in Mario 64 and Aeris's revival in FFVII. See the playlist here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/pop-fiction/13123

I got more coming later.

Oh god I remember the Wave Race one, hilarious as hell. As for the Mew one, I did both the truck method by the SS Anne and the long-ass glitch method, only reason I failed the long one was due to the fact I heard of it after I fought the gambler you're not supposed to fight for said glitch.

Anyways, you guys remember all of those rumored secret characters for Super Smash Bros melee? Such as the rumored unlock for Sonic and Tails? I remember hearing of a crapton of those in elementary school when Melee came out, all I knew would be fake, but still humorous, quite a bit, so I got them in a drop down spoiler thingy. That, and long quote above is long, too lazy to cut some out.

One such one was to get Paper Mario. Yeah, Paper Mario. I don't remember how I was told to get him, but supposedly, his arsenal of attacks would all leave the opponent with a slight papercut, dealing a little bit of lingering damage.

Then, there was Masterhand, which was supposedly gotten by unlocking EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. THING. Even the Action Replay only accessible trophies. Of course that one was fake, but...

Anyways, then the most realistic one was told to me as well, Toad. At first, despite how tedious his unlock method would be (Shoot EVERY title, name, and logo in the credits, almost impossible, without using the credits pause feature, making it even tougher), there's one flaw. He's already used as a Peach special. Now imagine Toad attacking Peach using the Toad special... yeah, now it makes sense why.

Then there was one I heard so unrealistic that I knew it was so false I never wanted to hear how to do it, but it was on unlocking... and get ready for the over-imaginative elementary schoolkid minds for this... Assassin and Lizardman from SoulCalibur 2. Even though I heard about this one waaaay later than I did the rest, I knew from the start it was fake. I actually laughed my ass off at this one.

However, I'm sure this one rings a bell to Pokemon users from R/B/Y...

MissingNo__by_PyroDarkfire.jpg

Resident Evil 2

Phantom Gate: This gate actually appears in Resident Evil 3, it's the gate you go through just before the first fight with the Nemesis and Brad bites the dust. But originally, it was in Resident Evil 2... only you had to do a very specific thing. Phantom Gate is a strange legend because it's actually real, but it spawned off tons of rumours and legends.

For many people, the first time they heard about Phantom Gate was in a magazine called PLAY which was a Playstation Exclusive magazine that dedicated an entire page to it.

The instructions that the magazine gave were roughly along the following lines.

* You had to have unlocked both Hunk and Tofu without using an Action Replay device. (So S ranking the campaigns multiple times).

* All that data had to be kept on one memory card.

* you had to fight your way to the front of the RPD building and go to the gate, then press X.

* you would then see a new screen showing the phantom gate.

We now know that you don't need to do much of any of that.

The reason why it's called Phantom Gate is that if you play the game normally... chances are the gate won't appear for you. It's not always there, Leon/Claire will just continue to walk/look at a wall...

So whats the truth? Well... to unlock the Phantom Gate you have to actually do the following.

* You have to pick up an item in order to prevent the Brad Vickers from appearing in the drain area under the RPD building.

* When you make it to the RPD, you must kill the two zombies in the garden area in front of the RPD building.

Then... phantom gate will trigger.

When it triggers you see a small selection of zombies outside the gate. But thats it. Nothing else will happen... and then the legends started. Even PLAY wrote an urban legend in the magazine.

"If you can make it here in under a specific time, you will see Rebecca chambers fighting a Zombie! Complete the game and you can play as her!"

This rumour did hold a tiny tiny tiny bit of truth to it.... because as we all know, theres a hidden photo in RE 2 of Rebecca Chambers, and there was already rumours around that she was in the game as a hidden character... so many people were convinced of this.

As for the gate itself, it's just an easter egg. I happened to have an action reply device at the time, I turned on the 'walk through walls' cheat and was able to get through the gate. I walked towards the screen and my character... vanished... I could hear him walking, but couldn't make it back to the gate or into the main area of the game.

Over the next few months, it changed to Barry Burton would be there if you only used the shotgun on the zombies the moment you pick it, or Jill if you only used your knife etc etc.

Here is a video showing you phantom gate.

Edited by Hogfather

Resident Evil 2

Phantom Gate: This gate actually appears in Resident Evil 3, it's the gate you go through just before the first fight with the Nemesis and Brad bites the dust. But originally, it was in Resident Evil 2... only you had to do a very specific thing. Phantom Gate is a strange legend because it's actually real, but it spawned off tons of rumours and legends.

For many people, the first time they heard about Phantom Gate was in a magazine called PLAY which was a Playstation Exclusive magazine that dedicated an entire page to it.

The instructions that the magazine gave were roughly along the following lines.

* You had to have unlocked both Hunk and Tofu without using an Action Replay device. (So S ranking the campaigns multiple times).

* All that data had to be kept on one memory card.

* you had to fight your way to the front of the RPD building and go to the gate, then press X.

* you would then see a new screen showing the phantom gate.

We now know that you don't need to do much of any of that.

The reason why it's called Phantom Gate is that if you play the game normally... chances are the gate won't appear for you. It's not always there, Leon/Claire will just continue to walk/look at a wall...

So whats the truth? Well... to unlock the Phantom Gate you have to actually do the following.

* You have to pick up an item in order to prevent the Brad Vickers from appearing in the drain area under the RPD building.

* When you make it to the RPD, you must kill the two zombies in the garden area in front of the RPD building.

Then... phantom gate will trigger.

When it triggers you see a small selection of zombies outside the gate. But thats it. Nothing else will happen... and then the legends started. Even PLAY wrote an urban legend in the magazine.

"If you can make it here in under a specific time, you will see Rebecca chambers fighting a Zombie! Complete the game and you can play as her!"

This rumour did hold a tiny tiny tiny bit of truth to it.... because as we all know, theres a hidden photo in RE 2 of Rebecca Chambers, and there was already rumours around that she was in the game as a hidden character... so many people were convinced of this.

As for the gate itself, it's just an easter egg. I happened to have an action reply device at the time, I turned on the 'walk through walls' cheat and was able to get through the gate. I walked towards the screen and my character... vanished... I could hear him walking, but couldn't make it back to the gate or into the main area of the game.

Over the next few months, it changed to Barry Burton would be there if you only used the shotgun on the zombies the moment you pick it, or Jill if you only used your knife etc etc.

Edited by Dusk Golem

This one never gets old...

EGMSonicHoax.png

(sorry about the image being too small, only one I could find :/ )

The Ol' Sonic and Tails in Super Smash Bros. melee rumour :D

This one never gets old...

EGMSonicHoax.png

(sorry about the image being too small, only one I could find :/ )

The Ol' Sonic and Tails in Super Smash Bros. melee rumour :D

Edited by Ekaje

Uh, guys:

Link!

Already a show like this. They even did a sonic one which i posted about sometime before.

EDIT: Odd, so thats how you post gametrailers on here! but why did it go to madden 12...

Edited by goku262002

There was this one game that went by Duke Nukem Forever and it was going to be the next sequel following Duke Nukem 3D. But then the worst has happened, it went into major development hell. Its been mentioned throughout history and its been here and there with very few mentions of it. And soon it became a giant joke of the industry. They say the DNF is still being developed to this very day....

Awwww snaps I can't use this one anymore.

:P

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember a rumor saying you could play as Luigi in Pokemon Red/Blue. How were we supposed to unlock it? Simple. Shake the Game Boy up and down a thousand times while holding it upside down, duh.

Oh, I remember all the claims that you could play as Oxide in CTR that went on for YEARS, although most of them had to do with the Time Trials and reacing Oxide's ghost.

Funnily enough, a real cheat was found about a year ago that let's you play as Fake Crash without needing to unlock him by winning the Purple Gem Cup.