Awoo.

The Third Adventure

CrematorWii

ccb6cc1bd5be.jpg

This article is a kind of "self-expression" of an Adventure fan who is telling about the Sonic Team's history since 2001. In particular, all the games released in this period and their connections with the SA series are analyzed here, which allows anyone to make the choice — which of the games deserves to be named as The Third Adventure.

Download (PDF)

Other Link

Edited by CrematorWii
  • Thumbs Up 2

One thing I'll say that Adventure 2 was definitly not consistent gameplay. Good read tough.

Edited by ChikaBoing

It's good, but I wouldn't say it Sonic Adventure 2 had deep storyline that allowed us to "grasp the deepest corners of our favorite characters' souls."

Also, another possible reason as of why the SA series got such high ratings in the first place was because the demand for games like these were not as high.

Interesting work, though. :)

It's good, but I wouldn't say it Sonic Adventure 2 had deep storyline that allowed us to "grasp the deepest corners of our favorite characters' souls."

I like SA2 story and even I agree that the story doesn't "grasp the deepest corners of our favorites characters souls" is kinda laughable for me. Maybe except for Shadow cause he has the most background story out of everyone cause of his past.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like SA2 story and even I agree that the story doesn't "grasp the deepest corners of our favorites characters souls" is kinda laughable for me. Maybe except for Shadow cause he has the most background story out of everyone cause of his past.

The problem with SA2 in itself is that that they speak too much of Shadow. It's like it's not Sonic Adventure 2, but more like Shadow Adventure.

Though the guy is right on the music part. Green Forest BGM=GOD-LIKE

Though the guy is right on the music part. Green Forest BGM=GOD-LIKE

I always thought it was kinda bland. The Music rather matched what was going on the Story, rather than the feel of the enviorment which I wasn't a big a fan of. I'm just not a fan of the "Extreme"-Sonic, even if Classic fans hate the Unleashed gameplay, they should appreciate that Unleashed and Colors are alot more calmer and softened than the Adventures and Heroes. But that's going off-topic.

I think your description of SA 2 is basically fiction. This is the same game where Amy won't break Sonic out of his jail cell until he marries her, but her plan is thwarted by Sonic refusing. It also has some really poorly animated characters. Seriously, what is up with the mouths in this game? Also featured: random gameplay styles that are universally downgrades of their previous incarnations, plot holes you could drive that goofy truck from City Escape through, and a lot of, quite frankly, embarrassing music. I don't see any reason for being called this game's sequel to be an honor.

*Pops in for the read*

Interesting stuff... But we all know Adventure 3 has been out more times than Activision released a COD game in the past 10 years.

*Leaves before Venture 3 RAGE starts*

• Thumbs Up 1

I think your description of SA 2 is basically fiction. This is the same game where Amy won't break Sonic out of his jail cell until he marries her, but her plan is thwarted by Sonic refusing. It also has some really poorly animated characters. Seriously, what is up with the mouths in this game? Also featured: random gameplay styles that are universally downgrades of their previous incarnations, plot holes you could drive that goofy truck from City Escape through, and a lot of, quite frankly, embarrassing music. I don't see any reason for being called this game's sequel to be an honor.

Edited by Scar

I was thinking more of City Escape and Pumpkin Hill.

Meh, I City Escape is a guilty pleasure, but I can see where you're coming from.

Pumpkin Hill? I liked the music, but not the constant bullshit spouted by the rapper.

It also has some really poorly animated characters. Seriously, what is up with the mouths in this game?
I could be wrong, but weren't the mouth movements synced to the jap dialogue, with the english VAs dubbed over the top of it later? That's what I always thought it was, anyway. Still distracting though.

That player a part, but the way a lot of things were animated just looks strange. Take a look at any cut scene with a close up of Eggman talking. The way his head moves is bizarre. The in game animations don't fare much better. Sonic and Shadow's quills have this bounce to them similar to Rouge's breasts (...?) that makes them look like some fleshy bundle. A lot of the walk and run cycles don't look natural.

I simply blamed it on being a game from the early post-90's era. Probably a lame excuse. Eh.

This is the same game where Amy won't break Sonic out of his jail cell until he marries her, but her plan is thwarted by Sonic refusing.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't see any reason for being called this game's sequel to be an honor.
Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1