Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Or there's the 6 bosses. Each of which hold a key.

No, you need 6 keys to enter the boss gate

Also I found this while dicking around in retro

270253_681616139206_57509098_35194603_4608911_n.jpg

WARNING: UNPLAYABLE

Edited by Cero

But you need to specify that it's unpleayable since the game hangs there when you select one

Rooftop Run Classic and Modern? Kind of an odd choice for a second demo. If anything, I'd have thought they'd do that with City Escape. Kind of weird, but hey, if that's gonna be the second demo, it should be interesting! My major concern, though, is when would we be seeing/playing that demo? Would that be for the Eurogamer or TGS builds in September? Or the PAX build in August? Assuming those conventions will have different builds, anyways (The Eurogamer and TGS builds are likely to be the same).

Of course, most people would hope that it's for another public demo that'll be released to everyone, which is probably the most likely situation. lol

But you need to specify that it's unpleayable since the game hangs there when you select one

fix'd it

Anyone else notice the cannon in the Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace screenshot?

sgseasidehill2.png

Edited by A Match in Oil Ocean Zone

Rooftop Run Classic and Modern? Kind of an odd choice for a second demo. If anything, I'd have thought they'd do that with City Escape. Kind of weird, but hey, if that's gonna be the second demo, it should be interesting! My major concern, though, is when would we be seeing/playing that demo? Would that be for the Eurogamer or TGS builds in September? Or the PAX build in August? Assuming those conventions will have different builds, anyways (The Eurogamer and TGS builds are likely to be the same).

No one ever said it was the choice for a second demo.

The choice for the second demo is just Modern Sonic in Green Hill. It seems pretty obvious to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

WARNING: UNPLAYABLE

SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

Do know when this will be playable through a hack or update or whatever?

I'm not sure if this is the best place for it, but it's not an official preview. The guy who found the Rooftop Run stuff gave his Modern Sonic impressions:

Having played through the modern level many, many times now, I think I'm ready to comment on it.

I'm not gonna lie, guys. I think this is gonna be one of the best games in the series.

In full disclosure, I loved Unleashed. Liked it more than Colors, actually. I thought that while Colors had a lot more "daytime-style Unleashed" content, the levels just weren't designed as strongly. I mean, Colors was probably overall the much better game. It had a better story and no Werehog, afterall. (Though even the Werehog was MUCH better than he was made out to be.)

The modern GHZ is really, really fun. Unlike most of Unleashed, it has totally different divergent pathways, and way less bottomless pits. The design feels like a true meld of Unleashed's "run run run" style and the classics. There are times when I miss a grind jump and fall to the bottom path, which NEVER happened in Unleashed. The paths criss-cross, with many points where you can switch from one to another, and most of the level has two or three paths you can be on at any given time. If every level in the game has design this good... haha, this was gonna be my personal game of the year before, but now it's contending for freakin' game of the decade. XD

I also took a slower run of the level, and it is beautiful. One of my favorite parts comes right near the end, when you run through a stretch of land near the base of a waterfall, and there's mist rising up on either side of the path. You can see all sorts of things in the background, and the whole level feels very... weighty, I guess? There's clearly a lot going on around you.

Also, the drifting animation is pretty awesome. Sonic doesn't just spin into a drift, he does a little shorthop and lands spinning. Very appropriate for the character, I think.

Problems I noticed... in Unleashed, the second stick could turn the camera. No way to do that here. The 3D camera is EXTREMELY finicky if you want to try to go backwards. It clips through the land when you run up slopes and refuses to get behind you most of the time. Hopefully this gets ironed out before release.

I get the feeling it's just more stuff crammed in the demo, I don't think they'd give us Rooftop Run so early, especially in a demo.

It's preview data for the next level to shown, I'd assume. I don't think we ever saw a City Escape version of that level select. Could mean people can play it, unlike City Escape.

Hmm...boss keys?

Oh, and I thought I'd packed in my CTR overplaying finally! Reading that makes me want to play it again. :<

It's preview data for the next level to shown, I'd assume. I don't think we ever saw a City Escape version of that level select. Could mean people can play it, unlike City Escape.

Some of the first big news about hidden assets included those Rooftop Run screens I'd think locating Seaside Hill and City Escape in that level select should be possible.

uiss000ghz.pnguiss001ghz.png

uiss008cte.pnguiss009cte.png

uiss010ssh.pnguiss011ssh.png

uiss014euc.pnguiss015euc.png

Ocean Palace & Rooftop Run?

Edited by turbojet

The more I squint at those Seaside Hill screens, the more optimistic I feel. It seems like they're going to go for a Planet Wisp-like effect with the level, emphasizing the ruins (and hopefully the water) far more than the checker-hilled greenery. I've always liked the look of those white and red ruins, too... this almost makes me feel okay about not getting Lost World. Almost, because Seaside Hill's music is probably the worst track from Heroes, and I can't say I'm too excited to get a remix. I hope they at least have the sense to substitute in Ocean Palace's music, since they seem to be focusing much more on that level than the actual Seaside Hill.

Also, I love those cannons. I'm not really sure why, but they've always been one of my favourite features of the original level. I wonder if the ones in Classic Sonic's stage will work like the ones from S3&K or Sonic 4?

• Thumbs Up 1

If Seaside Hill takes ideas from this, then that would be great. It might end up being one of my favorite levels:

That looks beautiful. If ST can incorporate the ocean tubes into it, that'd be amazing.

Edited by MobileChikane

Is it just me or does Seaside Hill looks familiar to parts of Jungle Joyride?

Dunno.. The ruins look very similar to each other.

Well Jungle Joyride and Seaside Hill are both tropical places so there will be some similarily...

Can't say they look at all similar. SSH is red and white ruins that seem to be based on Chinese/Japanese architecture (at a stretch, if anything at all) while JJ is based on Angkor Wat. Thematically they're similar, but they don't look anything alike regardless of the incarnation.

If Seaside Hill takes ideas from this, then that would be great. It might end up being one of my favorite levels:

That looks beautiful. If ST can incorporate the ocean tubes into it, that'd be amazing.

I hate the dock parts, though. Doesn't look like SSH/OP at all.

Dragon Road would've been a good choice also.

• Thumbs Up 2

Something else interesting-- M. and C.'s routes appear to intersect:

rrsg.png

We saw a bit of this from Green Hill, I think.

Can't say they look at all similar. SSH is red and white ruins that seem to be based on Chinese/Japanese architecture (at a stretch, if anything at all) while JJ is based on Angkor Wat. Thematically they're similar, but they don't look anything alike regardless of the incarnation.

If they are based on Chinese/japanese architecture they would look like.. uhhh.. gues what... Dragon Road. ;)

The buildings look like JJ. If you look up to the picture you see passages that look very similar to passages of JJ.

Like:

(03:55)

Of course they don't look 1 to 1. But that is because Sonic Heroes doesn't want to show real places like they tried at Unleashed.

Anyways. I am sure they are the same ruins.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I just figured out why they might have chosen Seaside Hill....

All Stars Racing.

You know why? I remember when the game first came out, and everyone was fangasming over how good Seaside Hill looked. Then there were all sorts of image macros of us saying that Seaside Hill is what we would want a 3D Green Hill Zone to look like, and how the art-style used in Seaside hill was perfect for Sonic games of the future.

I think they may have taken that the wrong way, and beleived that we loved Seaside Hill as a level.