Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

You're forgetting about how at the end of Silver's story, Blaze used Chaos Control to send herself and Iblis to another dimension, and in the Last Story, she was notably the only character absent. When Elise hit the Reset Button on time, History could have been rewritten so that Blaze was now born in that Alternate Dimension where she could have become the Blaze we saw in the Rush games. But then again, it seems like the Rush series isn't canon anyway, so I guess it's a moot point. I HIGHLY doubt there's another Silver there...

Anyway we're getting WAAAAAAAY off topic... Besides, we'll find out which Blaze we're going to see in Generations when it comes out. I think we're thinking way too hard about the Sonic Canon...

I think it's easier to just say that the console games and the handheld games are just two different canons. While they have their similarities, they're still separate. At least, that's how I see it, and I assume this is how Sonic Team sees it as well. I highly doubt that Sonic Team ever thought of all the complex explanations as to why Blaze has two different back stories that the fans are coming up with. Plus, what some of the fans are saying just doesn't hold up.

If Blaze sealed herself with Iblis in another dimension, and time reset at the end of that game, she would end up being with Silver again, not in that alternate dimension.

Possibly, as it's been stated that Sonic 06 is "in flux" in terms of canon, and they can rewrite Sonic 06 back into canon if they wanted to. You keep bringing up Hashimoto, but he was the PREVIOUS head of Sonic Team, not the CURRENT one. Therefore, Sonic Team can now ignore his beliefs in canon and rewrite the game into the main canon. Just sayin'. It's a possibility. It's common for Comic Book writers and editors write stories and events in and out of an existing Canon. Generations might be retconning a retcon.

Plus I don't think that this crisis city is a complete original one That time eater made. ST stated that they are taking levels FROM their games. Crisis city is no exception. It is and always will be a level from 06. I am willing to bet we will see references to other characters (mephiles, Iblis, omega) In this level. This is the Crisis city from 06 hence why it's representing 06. It's not taking aspects of 06 so people knows ST knows about the game. I said before Lizuka is the new leader of ST he calls the shots of what's cannon or not. There not going to just add the positives of sonic's history or it wouldn't be all his history.

Okay if generations is canon and it's notifying 06's presence then how is 06 Not canon if everything else in the game is? Plus when they were de-listing games the de-listed the ones with low scores. 06 was one. It's a coincidence in my eyes. It has nothing to do with Lizuka(although we won't know until generations) agreeing with Hasimoto. Again Hashimoto left meaning anything he said is up for debate. Unleashed could take place after 06 for all we know. I still think that 06's story is Canon in the main storyline and that this crisis city is the 06 one.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

I think it's easier to just say that the console games and the handheld games are just two different canons. While they have their similarities, they're still separate. At least, that's how I see it, and I assume this is how Sonic Team sees it as well. I highly doubt that Sonic Team ever thought of all the complex explanations as to why Blaze has two different back stories that the fans are coming up with. Plus, what some of the fans are saying just doesn't hold up.

If Blaze sealed herself with Iblis in another dimension, and time reset at the end of that game, she would end up being with Silver again, not in that alternate dimension.

I think we're just thinking too hard about this. I say we just wait and see how Generations' plot unfolds.

Again I am saying like a lot of others we should wait ti'll generations is announced to think about it. We've said it so many times and I think we should emphasize it. JUST WAIT!mellow.gif

Back on topic, I hope we get to see a new build with a new level at Gamescom; they did that for Colors last year, so hopefully they'll do that again.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

Plus I don't think that this crisis city is a complete original one That time eater made. ST stated that they are taking levels FROM their games. Crisis city is no exception. It is and always will be a level from 06. I am willing to bet we will see references to other characters (mephiles, Iblis, omega) In this level. This is the Crisis city from 06 hence why it's representing 06. It's not taking aspects of 06 so people knows ST knows about the game. I said before Lizuka is the new leader of ST he calls the shots of what's cannon or not. There not going to just add the positives of sonic's history or it wouldn't be all his history.

Well I interpret "From the games" as you will know aftwr taking one look at it or hearing one bit of it's soundtrck or reading it's name that it is a level from [insert title here]. To me the most important parts of Crisis City are making it look like it did in 06 (but with superior Hedgehog Engine graphics), including the enemies that were in the original level, including a street boarding section, and including a giant fire tornado. The story is one of the least important aspects about it. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't even a single cut-scene about that location.

But yes I agree that we've speculated this stage to death and should move on so let me pull something random from the demo for us to argue endlessly:

*reads through files* hmmm......let's see......world domination plan.....story sequence.......poisoned drinks......GOT IT!

So I was looking through the files and go this:

"function destroyStorySequence()

for i = 1, s_BossKeyCount do

local act = s_BossKeyActors;

if act ~= nil then

act:delete();

s_BossKeyActors = nil;

end

end

for i = 1, s_HardModeCount do

local act = s_HardModeActors;

if act ~= nil then

s_HardModeActors = nil;

end

end

if s_Sequence ~= nil then

-- Sequence

• Thumbs Up 3

Well I interpret "From the games" as you will know aftwr taking one look at it or hearing one bit of it's soundtrck or reading it's name that it is a level from [insert title here]. To me the most important parts of Crisis City are making it look like it did in 06 (but with superior Hedgehog Engine graphics), including the enemies that were in the original level, including a street boarding section, and including a giant fire tornado. The story is one of the least important aspects about it. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't even a single cut-scene about that location.

But yes I agree that we've speculated this stage to death and should move on so let me pull something random from the demo for us to argue endlessly:

*reads through files* hmmm......let's see......world domination plan.....story sequence.......poisoned drinks......GOT IT!

"function destroyStorySequence()

for i = 1, s_BossKeyCount do

local act = s_BossKeyActors;

if act ~= nil then

s_BossKeyActors = nil;

end

end

local act = s_HardModeActors;

if act ~= nil then

s_HardModeActors = nil;

end

end

if s_Sequence ~= nil then

-- Sequence��

s_Sequence:deleteChildActor();

s_Sequence:delete();

s_Sequence = nil;

PrintString("Destroy Story");"

Destroy Story? Delete Child Actor? WTF?

WTF?! does that mean Kill the bad tails Voice actor from heroes or something?wacko.gif Destroy story might refer to Time Eater destroying time? Also sinceit looks like every city might a a Billboard reference You think Crisis city will have one?

Also to lighten the mood (I posted this before but i'm dong it again)remember when we said that ocean Palace was ACT 2 of Seaside hill? Look at this

Remember there were no acts in heroes just Stages. The beginning of the level Says STAGE 2. So this could be called Ocean Palace in generations. Although I'd be fine with it being Seaside hill. Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

WTF?! does that mean Kill the bad tails Voice actor from heroes or something?wacko.gif Destroy story might refer to Time Eater destroying time? Also sinceit looks like every city might a a Billboard reference You think Crisis city will have one?

Well in their original incarnations, Speed Highway featured a Chao in Space poster, City Escape featured a Chao in Space 2 poster, and Crisis City featured a Chao in Space 3 poster.

In Generations the City Escape poster read, Chao in Space 2, the Return of Perfect Chaos. Or it might have been Perfect Chaos Strikes Back (insert Star Wars joke here) I can't remember but that means they will most likely add subtitles to the other two.

You know, part of me wonders if that's why they picked those three levels, if so that's a bad way to decide. I loved Speed Highway in Sa1, it was my favorite level and I think they should have gone with something different like Sky Deck.

As for the Seaside Hill thing, while Seaside ill and Ocean Palace are two different names, everyone knows they are more like two seperate acts to a zone, including SEGA so I'm not complaining. Hell if they didn't use so much Ocean Palace, it'd be a GHZ clone.

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101

Well in their original incarnations, Speed Highway featured a Chao in Space poster, City Escape featured a Chao in Space 2 poster, and Crisis City featured a Chao in Space 3 poster.

In Generations the City Escape poster read, Chao in Space 2, the Return of Perfect Chaos. Or it might have been Perfect Chaos Strikes Back (insert Star Wars joke here) I can't remember but that means they will most likely add subtitles to the other two.

You know, part of me wonders if that's why they picked those three levels, if so that's a bad way to decide. I loved Speed Highway in Sa1, it was my favorite level and I think they should have gone with something different like Sky Deck.

I would have preferred Egg fleet for heroes so they could keep Speed highway(I still like Ocean palace though). But hey there's always DLC(I just know emerald coast will be for the adventure era)I can't wait to see the chao in space poster 3 then.I don't think that's how they picked the stages. Speed highway is a colorful stage in the midnight neon way. So seeing the colors sucked out would be interesting.

I would have preferred Egg fleet for heroes so they could keep Speed highway(I still like Ocean palace though). But hey there's always DLC(I just know emerald coast will be for the adventure era)I can't wait to see the chao in space poster 3 then.I don't think that's how they picked the stages. Speed highway is a colorful stage in the midnight neon way. So seeing the colors sucked out would be interesting.

I think Egg Fleet fits a different trope. The Heroes counterpart to Sky Deck is Final Fortress (which isn't as cool as Sky Deck). As for the trope Egg Fleet fills, I would have let the superior Starlight Carnival handle that. I would have given Heroes Frog Forest because I want to see what a level set entirely in a lush forest would look like rendered in the Hedgehog Engine.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Egg Fleet fits a different trope. The Heroes counterpart to Sky Deck is Final Fortress (which isn't as cool as Sky Deck). As for the trope Egg Fleet fills, I would have let the superior Starlight Carnival handle that. I would have given Heroes Frog Forest because I want to see what a level set entirely in a lush forest would look like rendered in the Hedgehog Engine.

Yes to frog forest! That would have been amazing although I wanted Egg fleet due to it probably having that epic feel that the Unleashed opening had. Although bugs and glitches aside I think Egg fleet could beat out Starlight Carnival. Plus Egg fleet and Sky deck are both eggman ships set out to kill you. Egg fleet just has more ships...

Yes to frog forest! That would have been amazing although I wanted Egg fleet due to it probably having that epic feel that the Unleashed opening had. Although bugs and glitches aside I think Egg fleet could beat out Starlight Carnival. Plus Egg fleet and Sky deck are both eggman ships set out to kill you. Egg fleet just has more ships...

But you were barely on the ships in Egg Fleet, you were usually around them whereas you were always inside the ship in Sky Deck and it was a bigger and cooler looking ship where bigger and cooler looking weapons tried to kill you and you blew shit up. That's why I say go with that because give that the standard steroid injection of Sonic Generations and you get something so awesome it would make your brain explode. Not to mention Sky Deck had better music.

Also I say Starlight Carnival is closer to the SU opening because it's ships are actually in space. Hell I often call it "Sonic Unleashed Opening the Level."

• Thumbs Up 1

I always though Heroes best attribute was it brought a level theme not seen in any other Sonic game to date.

The Haunted House/Mansion/Halloween-ish theme. (Pumpkin Hill gave a halloween-ish vibe though.) So it baffles me why not choose those stages over Seaside Palace. (A mix of Seaside Hill and Ocean Palace. Lol.)

I always though Heroes best attribute was it brought a level theme not seen in any other Sonic game to date.

The Haunted House/Mansion/Halloween-ish theme. (Pumpkin Hill gave a halloween-ish vibe though.) So it baffles me why not choose those stages over Seaside Palace. (A mix of Seaside Hill and Ocean Palace. Lol.)

Personally I think that Mystic Mansion sucked. I thought Hang Castle was ok though so I would go with that. I could see mystic mansion working for Classic Sonic but that's it.

Actually, this particular trope was used again with Shadow the Hedgehog's Cryptic Castle and Sonic Rivals 2's Mystic Haunt Zone.

local act = s_HardModeActors[i];

if act ~= nil then

s_HardModeActors = nil;

end

end

Hard mode comfirmed? Maybe it'll be similar to Shadow The Hedgehog's hard mode, when all other characters guide you through it.

Edited by Neon

No Hashimoto, head of Sonic Team at the time, said himself that 06 is non-canon. Are you defying word of God?

"[sonic Unleashed] has no relation to Sonic the Hedgehog [on PS3/Xbox 360] or Sonic and the Secret Rings." -Hashimoto

Iblis will NOT be returning and 06 is still non-canon until Izuka says otherwise and since he took Hashimoto's actions to the next level by de-listing Sonic06 from stores, I don't see that happening any time.

That doesn't say Sonic 06 is non-canon.

Hard mode comfirmed? Maybe it'll be similar to Shadow The Hedgehog's hard mode, when all other characters guide you through it.

Not Shadow the Hedgehog but maybe Unleashed Hard mode what was in the DLC Packs in Sonic Unleashed.

Edited by StockingCroft

Not to mention the fact that Iblis is returning. Anyway, i'd say we're getting too off-topic and i'm not helping. All will be revealed when it's out.

No relation includes story. Had 06 still been canon, Unleashed would have been Sonic's next adventure after the ending of 06, but since they have no relation whatsoever, that means that they aren't in the same continuity as they are not related by continuity. Now because of this retcon, Unleashed is the next story after the ending of Shadow the hedgehog.

As for people asking about the hard mode, all 6 bosses have a hard mode but not the levels to my knowledge.

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101

Not Shadow the Hedgehog but maybe Unleashed Hard mode what was in the DLC Packs in Sonic Unleashed.

It says "HardModeActors" it sounds similar to Shadow's hard mode.