Awoo.

Speed Runs

Sami

Well, the demo's out and I haven't seen this topic yet, so I thought I'd break the ice. This thread is for sharing your times in Generations. This thread will not be limited to the demo(s), which is why I'm going to request a sticky. After the game is released, post your times/runs through any level in the game. This is the place for it.

I'll start:

generationsspeedrun.jpg

I think my best on Sonic Generations was 1 minute and 50 seconds.

EDIT: It's official: I never pay attention. 'Sorry 'bout that. Removed ;)

Edited by TwoTailedFox

Do boss fights count? Because one time, on the last boss of the hero side of SA2B, I beat Shadow in about 26 seconds. If it doesn't count, ignore everything I just said.

My best GHZ generations time was 47:66 sec. I feel so proud of myself! :)

With the debug code I simply turn into a ring and magically fly across screen.

Total time to finish - 10 seconds.

• Thumbs Up 3

There's an actual debug mode!?

There's an actual debug mode!?

Yeah, it works just like in Sonic 1, but you need to be in 3D mode. Go to the screen where the pyramid of Motobugs are (the screen where you're prompted to adjust the 3D) and using the D-pad (it HAS to be the D-pad, the analog stick won't work) input:

Up (^) Down (v) Left (<) Right (>) and press (X).

You should hear the 10-ring sound. Press (B) to enter and exit debug mode, (X) to place an item, and (A) to switch through. I was able to place some badniks from the other levels. Have fun!

I%20lied.jpg?1305927805

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 4

My fastest time so far has been 1:07...

Judging by the earlier posts in this thread, I need A LOT more practice

Debug code!? What exactly is this!? Oh, and can anyone do a Modern run? I'd like to see it. :D

My best so far was something like a 1:10. I'm not sure how the heck some of you are getting 40-50 seconds <_<

Debug code!? What exactly is this!? Oh, and can anyone do a Modern run? I'd like to see it. :D

Use the spin dash wisely.

And by wisely I mean spam it like crazy.

Not really, do use it wisely and often. You have to be really careful and make sure you take the higher path. God knows I've messed up several times because I spin dashed passed the alternate route.

Here's another hint:

At the beginning of the level, you notice the alternate route that you can get to by bouncing off of a Buzzbomber (the one with two Crabmeats preceding it)? To get there quickly, pay attention to the floor after the second bridge; there's a small checkered patch in the grass, followed by a small slope. Rev your spindash on that patch, and jump (holding down the button) at that tiny slope (it's almost instantaneous, so just press the jump button the second you let go of the spindash). You'll, with luck, bounce off the Buzzbomber and onto the top path. It takes a few tries to get down though.

I have an odd feeling Sonic Team put that shortcut there intentionally, that checkered patch is just a bit too convenient... >.>

Edited by Dissident