Awoo.

Oh my God Wizard's design <3 This didn't take long for me to accept, unlike OOO and Fourze.

I like gray tones or rediculous monsters that are funny. Why would I want a dark series when life is rough as it is?

Ew. I don't actually mind the colours involved, but they're distributed really badly. It looks like a lazy palette swap from a video game or something.

Seriously. There are good ways of making a dinosaur monster, and sticking arms and legs on a T-rex head isn't it. Heck, it even has bones coming out of the back, so it literally looks like a T-Rex had it's head ripped off and attached to some random monster.

02T-RexDopant.jpg

Constantly zooming into the head to see Marina's face in that weird white space didn't help much either.

Edited by Ekaje

I can forgive the T-rex Dopant for its flaws just because looking at that poor thing makes me smile like a doofus.

Edited by gunthər

Sorry for the double post, but some more info on Wizard has been revealed.

http://henshinjustic...zard-cast-info/

10fyfir.jpg

A press conference for the upcoming tokusatsu show, Kamen Rider Wizard, was recently held in Japan to reveal the actors of the show.

001.jpg

The main character Souma Haruto will be played by Shunya Shiraishi. Souma is a survivor of a mysterious solar eclipse ritual. He was given a belt in order to transform into Kamen Rider Wizard from the mysterious “White Wizard.” As Kamen Rider Wizard, Souma fights demons that spawned from the solar eclipse ritual. Currently, he has 4 different forms. Flame Style (Red), Water Style (Blue), Hurricane Style (Green) and Land Style (Yellow). He rarely shows his true emotions, instead he lives a frivolous life. He’s constantly misunderstood by other people. Ever since he started fighting demons, he stopped caring about his ordinary life and is now focusing on fighting for peace. He loves donuts more than anything.

007.jpg

Koyomi, played by Makoto Okunaka. A survivor of the solar eclipse ritual, she has unknown past and it’s unclear whether she’s a demon or a human. She’s living together with Haruto at an antique shop, she’s also an expert at fortune telling.

013.jpg

Shunpei Nara, played by Junki Tozuka. He wishes to become a wizard and aspires to become Haruto’s disciple. He tries his best to help Haruto, but he’s usually unable to help.

014.jpg

Rinko Daimon, played by Yuuko Takayama. She’s newly recruited police officer, and found herself involved with demonic activities one day. She finds it strange that the police isn’t doing anything against the demons, so she tries to help Haruto with whatever she can.

jpeg.jpg

Shigeru Wajima, played by Hisahiro Oguro. He’s the owner of the antique shop and is the creator of the rings, by infusing the magic inside jewels into rings. Wajima became the caretaker of Haruto and Koyomi. Not even Wajima knows what magic the rings hold, even though he created them. The rings have to be used in order to know what magic it holds.

003.jpg

The series will premiere September 2 with Tsuyoshi Kida as the writer, Shoujiro Nakazawa as the director and Takaaki Utsunomiya and Kengo Motoi as the producers.

The MC kind of sounds like Kamen Rider Vash the Stampede with that personality description and his love of donuts, aha.

I'm eagerly awaiting for September to begin.

...and now I feel sort of bad for not immediately thinking of Vash when I read that description, because that's actually really obvious.

I really love that this show's going to have a police lady in it. Partly because there are not nearly enough of those in fiction in general (I was mighty displeased in The Eleventh Hour when it turned out that Amy Pond wasn't actually a cop), but mostly because, W aside, the police haven't factored into a Rider series properly in an awfully long time. It just feels weird when a superhero exists in a vacuum without the authorities trying to get involved at least a couple of times, y'know? I mean, from the description it doesn't seem likely that this'll be the second coming of Kuuga in that regard, but at least there'll be an explanation for why they're not getting too involved.

While we're at it, have some scans that make Fourze's Meteor Fusion States look marginally less embarrassing:

tumblr_m691n6axmD1rw8qz0o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_m691n6axmD1rw8qz0o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_m691n6axmD1rw8qz0o2_500.jpg

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 2

It still bothers me how from the front it looks like he's wearing something that had to be inflated.

Akiba END

It was a standard clip show, but I liked how everyone reacted to the things they didn't/weren't able to see themselves (like Akagi's delusions). The ending was cute and while I would be fine leaving it here, I would also really like it if fan response or toy sales got Akibaranger another season.

Fourze 41

Huh. So Emoto is Virgo is Tachibana. Honestly didn't see that coming. Wonder what he's up to, though his surprise at Libra appearing (who by the way, has gotten amazingly outmatched at this point, Leo terrifying him untransformed) makes me think he's actually trying to help them take down Gamou, though the ruthlessness thing is probably going to play out like Shroud in W and they're going to prove him wrong.

I liked the training sequence, particularly with the nod to MEGAMAX with the S-1 Switch and Genatrou mentioning Nadeshiko. Speaking of which, I really hope Wizard continues the continuity smootly so it doesn't have to be forced in later like OOO, whose producer didn't care about the continuity thing.

Fourze 42

I didn't actually realize that the Dark Nebula was something that was supposed to be fatal. Makes some of those scenes scarier in hindsight. Wonder if they're going to at least mention the people on the M-BUS next episode, or leave it for the end.

While the Emoto/Tachibana/Virgo thing just came up in the last few episodes, I thought it was done well for what it was. Made me feel a bit for a character who got basically only one episode of development, especially that last scene, dying in the rain and his own feathers, happy to have had friends in his last moments.

Edited by Ekaje

Apparently there's going to be a Gavan movie in October.

http://www.nanbukogyo.jp/morioka/advance.html

And the PR adaptation of Goseiger will either turn into Gokaiger or a weird mash up of Gosei and Gokai in the second half. Also the premise for the beginning is MMPR 2013.

http://www.jefusion.com/2012/07/gokaiger-is-power-rangers-super.html

New Wizard scans, featuring the new toys in the vein of the Can/Foodroids, a dragon that combines with a bike, and what may indicate Wizard having something like Kuuga's rising forms.

http://imgur.com/a/ciilO

• 2 weeks later...

Fourze 44

The part where Yuuki gets mistaken for the dark half and gets attacked after turning into Gemini was pretty sad. And apparently the reason she's so odd in the first place is not only because of her crazy parents, but because aliens have been talking to her.

Looks like Kengo definitely is the Core Switch, but that will be off the side for a bit while Libra gives the Club a bunch of info after realizing every single Horoscope but Scorpio has not cared about him/hated him in time to get killed. Speaking of which, I'm kind of disappointed that we're nearing the end, and only now will the main characters learn about anything that's been happening in the series other than that some bad dudes want to make more bad dudes.

Edited by Ekaje

• 3 weeks later...

Fourze 46:

While I really wish that they had gotten around to it way earlier in the series, I liked that they finally got around to the Club finally having to deal with the Zodiarts being able to be able to make everything fall apart when they no longer need them around.

And nice job trying so hard to get recognized and still dying for someone who doesn't give a shit about you, Libra.

While we have two more episodes to go, I think it's safe for me to say that personally, this show is like OOO overall for me. Flawed*, but still an entertaining show with a great cast of characters.

*mostly due to the plot not really moving other than getting new switches and Meteor showing up until the very end, and while the gimmick wasn't as badly handled as in OOO because Gentaro could fight without getting beaten up nearly every episode, many switches other than the States are used once then forgotten.

Edited by Ekaje

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo Fourze's finale has been subbed.

I litereally just finished watching it, so I might not be in the right mindset to give an opinion since it barely sunk in, but I have... mixed feelings, to say the least.

On one hand, it was a fitting end. Make friends with everybody (even the with the dude who killed your best friend), power of youth, infinite potential, yadda yadda.

On the other hand... it was really flawed and felt rushed to me. The final battle just felt like a regular MOTW fight but with more form changing and dramatic friend-making. I was expecting Gamou to go down with a lot more effort and with a more serious mindset. I'm not saying that Gentarou should have killed the guy or anything, he SHOULD have made friends with him... but there had to have been a better way that would have felt like a better conclusion.

Also, way to fucking just toss Gentarou the driver, Gamou. After murdering his best friend, there's no way he'd want to stop your plan or anything. Nope. That couldn't have backfired at all. Nope.

I know that they were trying to make him full of himself... but come on. 10 of his apostles failed him at that point. You'd think he'd be just a biiiit cautious.

Overall, I liked Fourze. The space theme was great, the monster and rider designs were striking, and the characters were colorful and mostly likable. I think its main issue was that, although the villains were meant out to be a major threat, they just didn't live up to my expectations.

Bring on Wizado~!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a long time since I've posted in this thread XD

Any chance any of ya caught Wizard's premiere? Awesome wasn't it? : D but yes my return doesn't come empty handed, apparently there was a wizard concert on Nico nico douga, and it heralded the return of the Rider Girls and...RIDER CHIPS! Both of them will be doing music for the series : D

http://www.jefusion.com/2012/09/kamen-rider-girls-rider-chips-to-sing.html

I'm especially excited for the return of RIDER CHIPS, they haven't been involved in a rider show for a veryyy long time!

I really liked the first episode of Wizard. It felt self-contained, showed off a decent amount of gimmicks, and seemed serious yet also lighthearted. I have really high hopes for the series.

Also, dat funky/polite belt.

Dagflabit ya whippersnappers, I need recommendations for 70s-80s tokusatsu shows and early Super Sentai, as back in my day...

Wizard's first episode was nice. Not the best Rider premiere ever (which is inarguably W's, by the way), but it did a good job of establishing the premise and showing off the toys. It was a nice change of pace to get three of Wizard's forms out in the first episode instead of having them be revealed one by one over the course of a dozen episodes like most other Rider shows. The effects and suits (aside from Wizard himself, of course) seem a bit dodgier than usual this year, especially after how nice Fourze tended to look, but there's a decent foundation for a story here. I kind of wish that we'd gotten more than basically cameos from Haruto's friends, though, since next week's probably going to be too busy introducing Jimmy Olsen and the donut truck to give them much spotlight either.

The theme song's a bit unusual, but I like it, or at least I like the chorus. There's something very properly cheesy about the phrase mahou hero that I adore.

Also please please please give Rinko the G3 armour or something I will love you forever Wizard even if you end up being really bad

EDIT: So it's looking like Ultraseven's going to get a DVD release from Shout! Factory. There are apparently some weird licensing issues that mean that Tsuburaya are getting the short end of the stick somehow, but I'm not normally one to let moral compunctions get in the way of my purchasing, especially when Jesus Christ guys they're selling toku DVDs in my country for real I need this in my hands.

I've never seen the show myself, but I've only ever heard good things about it, and if nothing else the U7 suit is probably the best-looking pre-1980 toku costume there is. It still looked good 40 years later when he showed up in Mebius.

Edited by Octarine