Awoo.

Double post, but whatever.

The action was really well-done, making Gentaro look like a noob without turning the entire fight into a joke (see: Ryuki and Den-O) and doing a great job showing off the switch gimmick.

And not making his inexperience frustrating, like with Eiji-goddamnitstopjustflailingatit-Hino.

Fourze 2:

This show continues to ooze 80s. The football players all get special treatment and even have special cars.

I like the relationships between all the main characters, Gentaro and Yuki's established friendship, the grudging partnership between Gen and Kengo (Who totally aren't going to become best friends eventually. Never), and I really like how they're involving the future members of the Kamen Rider Club in the episodes before they actually join it, with some in the background, and some active in the plot of the episode.

lolinnuendo

I also want to note, god damn Gentaro has a lot of energy, he's literally bouncing off walls, love him for that though.

The Zodiart Switch "Last One" feature is interesting, wonder how it'll affect future MoTWs, as well as the inevitable few special cases/subversions.

The fights continue to be awesome, slightly disappointed at the lack of normal switch use, but that was made up for by Bike-Fu (with more property damage) and SPACE DRILL KICK.

And now that it's come up, I'm really excited to see how the "Riders are urban legends" thing is going to come into play within the series.

Hoping next episode's fights are going to focus on KENGO SHUT UP I'M GOING TO BEAT THIS MONSTER WITH THE POGOSTICK like the preview implies.

Edited by Ekaje

Gokaiger:

Really, really good episode this week. It was hilarious, there was a lot of variety in the mech action and the characters all got a moment to shine. It's kind of a pity that there was only one Gokai Change in the entire thing (also FUCKING GOLD MODE FUCKITY FUCK FUCK), but with everything else that went on I can't really complain.

My favourite thing about the entire episode, though, was the bit that took place in Gokai Galleon's living room while GokaiOh was still formed. I love that the super advanced giant robot has comfy chairs in it, and I especially love that the Gokaigers were apparently able to repair the thing with hammers and wood.

Next week's episode looks pretty amazing, too. It's our first tribute to an eighties Sentai series, it's got more Barizorg and Joe stuff and there'll even be a mech fight at sunset? Fork yes.

Fourze:

I'm officially sold. This show rocks.

Not too much to say that Ekaje didn't cover; it was just a lot of fun. I liked all of the characters, the effects were solid, the bike got a decent workout... keep it up, guys.

I'm really curious about the urban legend angle they're taking with the past Riders as well. I like it, personally; it's a very subtle idea, a far cry from the overblown multiverse angle that Decade took. It feels very Showa, and it lends the past riders a sense of mystery and intrigue that was kind of missing after Decade and its movies. Whether this means that we'll be getting team-ups or whatever down the line is difficult to say... I have faith in Fourze to pull it off in a fun, unobtrusive way, but I wouldn't mind it just sticking to the occasional mention either.

Gokaiger:

I take it you don't like Gold Mode? XD Also is it me, or does Gai's voice get deeper when he does that?

Really loved this weeks ep. More Ahim focus is always welcome, especially since she's so damn cute. Loved the bit where the MoTW appears in the GokaiOh cockpit only to get caps busted in his ass by three of the Gokaigers. Gonna have to gif that. Abaranger suits are pretty cool. Might have to watch some Dino Thunder on the stream.

And poor Gai. He's suck a geek, he's probably never had a girl in his life XD

The problem with Gold Mode is that it doesn't do anything other than give Gai a flashier attack during Final Wave.

Gokaiger 29

After Jetman, Gokaiger is back to shenanigans (not that I'm complaining). Beginning fight in the mech was great, I love how the team is so unrestrained in using their guns to shut down Monsters.

"Ha, you'd never shoot me in here!"

"Nope." *bangbangbang

Gai continues to prove how much of a lovable geek he his, continually freaking out over the fake wedding, and actually taking pictures of Ahim when she was dressed up during her montage of fooling with/sticking a needle up the as of/running over the monster. And then he has his typical freakout over the appearing team member, and then just as enthusiastically "Someone I don't know!"

And freaking out when he gets teleported into Gokaioh, I love it when characters are weirded out by things most teams take for granted.

Next episode looks like it'll be good, a pre-Zyu tribute where it seems the guest team will he heavily involved, and finally getting back to the Joe-Balizorg plot.

Edited by Ekaje

The real tragedy is that Gai's other Final Waves are so much cooler than Gokai Legendream, and we've only seen each of them once. I mean... I don't mind Gold Mode in theory, but what's the point of giving Gai a super mode if he's going to use it in every single episode (and only for the finisher, mind, never to actually fight), especially if the rest of the Gokaigers are going to use their own Final Wave immediately afterward? It just makes Gold Mode feel like an irrelevant time-waster instead of a genuinely powerful ability, and that's a real pity.

Maybe we'll start seeing Gai branch out a bit once the Gokaigers have the Galleon Buster. I dunno.

Fourze 4:

Looks like the way switches will be introduced is by them being gradually refined over the series.

High School cliche of the week: stuck up popular girls who rule/are practically worshiped by the school.

We get to see one of the bigger Zodiarts, wonder if that odd filter when they're around means something, as no one seems to notice them, or it was giving the Zodiart switch to someone and the filter just means THIS GUY IS IMPORTANT PAY ATTENTION, betting the latter right now. Speaking of which, Scorpion is pretty cool, looking forward to the serious fights with the higher-tier Zoidarts when they aren't being interrupted by Hopper shenanigans.

Once we get to the fight with the Chameleon, I guess some of the switches are going to be normal weapons/utilities, like the current default loadout, while some are going to be gimmicks for just a few episodes like Hopper appears to be.

Gentaro friendships those guys for information again, JK gets introduced, not sure about him.

Also, this school has no taste whatsoever, Yuki's costume was amazing. Amused at Miu randomly putting in a bikini photo on the monitor (no pandering for votes there).

Next week is going to be Gentaro befriending/encouraging Miu, as well as the Magic Hand being used.

Switch spoiler unrelated to this weeks episode

1316390413601.jpg

This is apparently the figure for Elec States, looks nice, but not making the legs and other arm yellow as well really bugs me.

Switch spoiler unrelated to this weeks episode

1316390413601.jpg

This is apparently the figure for Elec States, looks nice, but not making the legs and other arm yellow as well really bugs me.

Gokaiger:

This weeks Gokaiger was pretty good. I always enjoy seeing the pre zyu suits in action, and hey, Gold Mode actually did things!

Next week looks like it's gonna be a riot!

How did I not see this thread!? [

Gokai 30 was pretty good and I love how it implies that Barizorg may still have a tiny bit of humanity left in him, which I predict will be his downfall when he and Joe confront each other again.

Either W or Kuuga are good starting points, both are regarded as good, though the timing on the Kuuga subs is a bit wonky.

W has been subbed by Over-Time and TV-N (I'd recommend Overtime), while Kuuga has been subbed by Midnight Crew Subs.

Edited by Ekaje

Finished Kamen Rider Fourze episode 3 earlier today.

God, the choreography was especially great in this one. So far, every fight in Fourze tops most of OOO's best stuff, imo. Here's hoping things stay this strong throughout the entire season!

Also, pics of Fourze's new form:

fourze%2Belec.jpg

http://www.jefusion....s-unvieled.html

I think that "blingy" is the best way to describe it...also, the weapon's name cracks me up.

The forms are going to be weird, not because of how they look but if you look at it Fourze has a massive arsenal at his disposal, whilst he hasn't got all the switches he has the potential to wield 40 different weapons and gear and he has two additional forms plus the obvious final form that he will with no doubt receive. Whilst I have a lot of faith in the fourze team, (they've done spectacularly well these past three episodes) I'm starting to wonder if we'll get a mass repeat of what happened with bashaa form in Kiva cept this time with the switches.

Somehow I hadn't noticed Elec States' blue eyes until just now. The colour scheme is basically the same as LaToraTah OOO (only with more he's so sparkly! points), and that's definitely not a bad thing. I'm still not diggin' those white extremities, but I guess I'll get used to them eventually. Billy the Rod is also surprisingly cool-looking.

In terms of their complete lack of relation to Fourze's theme, his alternate forms kind of remind me of Black RX's Biorider and Roborider. Maybe not quite as weird as those, but close. Suddenly I really want there to be an Aqua States that he has to get wet to use.

Fourze 04

I really liked the physical jokes in this episode (bumping his head during the chatchphrase). And the action continued to be really good, tossing the Chameleon Zodiart all over the place to the continued use of the bike as a weapon. I also like all use of the bike, it's nice when it's not just used for getting from point A to B.

The arc was wrapped up nicely, Miu is a better person and a member of the KRC without something like "I'm sorry about what I said and now I'm going to be super nice forever."

Next arc is befriending JK (slightly disappointed, wanted it to be Daimonji since he annoys me right now), and the introduction of the Elec switch, though it looks only partially functional in the preview, only changing Fourze's arm.

Edited by Ekaje

Gokaiger:

Damn good stuff this week. Good mecha action, a big plot twist, more than one past-ranger guest star, Basco being a boss and Gold Mode actually being pretty cool. If I went into detail, this post would be even more tl;dr than usual, and I've been trying to cut down on that shit since Fourze started.

My only real complaint here is that... well, I just don't like Ohranger that much; I kind of wish that a series I like better had gotten this treatment. Can't win 'em all, I suppose, and we've still got plenty of tributes to go.

My biggest question now is what exactly Basco can do with the Great Powers he's collected and whether or not those teams will still be getting tributes. I love Changeman and especially Flashman, so I really hope so... I can't tell you how pleased I am that the rumour about those powers being used for the Galleon Buster isn't true.

Edited by Octarine

Someone actually talking about Power Rangers de ojaru!

So apparently there's going to be a Samurai/RPM teamup special:

The Clash of the Red Rangers - a crossover special where the Samurai Rangers team with the mysterious RPM Rangers Red fend off the dual threat from Master Xandred's Mooger army and robotic super-villain from the RPM Ranger's dimension. When something goes awry, the two Red Rangers turn on one another and the fate of the world hangs in the balance.

I haven't watched Samurai all that much, to be honest; there just wasn't much point since I'd seen Shinkenger already. I largely stopped paying attention to the show once it was clear that there wasn't going to be much original content in the PR version, only watching a clip here or an episode there if something interesting or different was supposed to have happened. I'm a big fan of RPM, though, so I'm really curious to see where they'll go with this. Will we actually get the full RPM cast back? Will the writers try to keep things consistent with RPM's story at all? Will the special use footage or plot elements from Shinken vs. Go-on (it seems likely from the synopsis), and if so how much/many? Will we get a scene where Dr. K desperately tries to wrap her brain around the concept of magic samurai calligraphy powers?

Honestly, while I'd love for this to actually be good, as long as we get the cast from RPM back I'm gonna be fangirlin' up a storm regardless of the quality.

It's nice that team up arcs are coming back. Might be worth seeing, I only watched the first episode and didn't bother after that since it's just a straight Shinkenger adaptation

EDIT: Nevermind about how it'll work, saw the word "dimension".

And speaking of RPM, fun fact, the actors for Dr. K and Ziggy are dating in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Fs-Gk_Pyo

EDIT 2:

More MegaMax stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee54sDhA1Wg

First commercial aired, confirming information from a magazine that it'll feature the first seven Showa Riders (only 1, 2 and Stronger are in this CM). Also Double is here and Foundation X is back with Switches. Guessing that for the Fourze characters this will be their first meeting with other Riders, and hopefully signals a return to Foundation X being an ongoing enemy behind the scenes like the end of W hinted at and OOO dropped.

Edited by Ekaje

Fourze 5:

This episode was relatively light on action, but that gave more time for some nice character interaction, it was really nice to see all the interactions between members of the supporting cast.

That's not to say the action that was there wasn't good as well, liked the sudden on-screen countdown and UCHUUU KITAAAA all the way out into space. I'm also liking how quickly they're introducing Switches, so that Fourze will already have a large arsenal once they're done just assembling all the members of the club.

I can't decide if Suspenders is a really obvious villain, or a huge red herring (speaking of that scene, the student messing the teacher in the background was a nice touch).

As to the actual plot of the episode, eh. I'm just not that into JK yet, maybe I'll like him better after the next episode, but right now I'm more interested in seeing the complete Elec form and the arcs for the last two members that having his plot wrapped up

Edited by Ekaje

Fourze 5:

Not my favourite episode so far, but still plenty of fun. It's nice that we're still getting lots of interaction between characters, even when they're not the focus of the episode. Actually, Miu's over-the-top giddiness and Tomoko invading Yuki's personal space (and her lunch) were my favourite parts of the episode. Not that I don't like JK, but since the show's so rigidly structured into two-parters, it was obvious that not much was going to happen on that front 'til next week.

The action was a bit limited, but the Elek Switch is really cool and the Unicorn Zodiart's special ability genuinely took me by surprise. And hey, we finally got an episode without a Rocket Drill Kick in it. Presumably that trend will continue, since Elek States will probably have its own Limit Break. I'm looking forward to it.

Gokai 32:

A solid episode, but nothing too special. It's just a pity we didn't get to learn much about Don; this would've been a great opportunity to show how he met the rest of the crew, but instead we got a bunch of scenes with a soccer-playing kid. Still, it was nice to see so many suits in action, and the Gokai Galleon Buster is a pretty cool weapon. I just hope it doesn't mean the end of creative Final Waves.

Unusually, Gai was the real highlight of this episode for me; I especially loved his ridiculous Michael Jackson moves every time Don hit him in the arm. I was pretty ambivalent toward him for quite a while after his debut, but he's definitely started to grow on me recently. Hopefully that'll continue into the next episode, since he's going to be the main course there (especially for me, since I don't know a whole lot about Dairanger).

Edited by Octarine