Awoo.

Sonic 3ds Max work

exojamesm

Looks great, but Sonic's stance seems a bit stiff. Maybe that's just me, though.

Maybe you could give him more of an actiony stance, if you know what I mean.

Looks great, but Sonic's stance seems a bit stiff. Maybe that's just me, though.

Maybe you could give him more of an actiony stance, if you know what I mean.

Cheers, and good idea!

Ive also toned down the blue on sonic, give him more that classic colour

jmdeathegg4wip.jpg

Edited by Exo_Chaoslava
  • Thumbs Up 4

Again, same problem- the stance doesn't really scream 'action', if you know what I mean?

Another possible suggestion would be to do the same scene from a slightly different angle- say, from over Sonic's shoulder? That could give an extra feeling of depth to the whole thing.

Again, same problem- the stance doesn't really scream 'action', if you know what I mean?

Another possible suggestion would be to do the same scene from a slightly different angle- say, from over Sonic's shoulder? That could give an extra feeling of depth to the whole thing.

Yeh, i get what you mean. Will keep playing around with it

Would go from a different angle, but would like to keep it like the orignal games. As my intention is to one day make it into a playable game in UDK/Unity.

Nice!

OH SHNAPS,

eggman in the second picture freaked me out, it was unexpected. Nice touch.

Aw wow Sky Chase looks AMAZING. I really dig these! The lighting looks great to me and pretty natural looking. Maybe the propeller could use a little blur and of course needs moar Tails ;D. Looking brilliant though!

Aw wow Sky Chase looks AMAZING. I really dig these! The lighting looks great to me and pretty natural looking. Maybe the propeller could use a little blur and of course needs moar Tails ;D. Looking brilliant though!

Edited by Exo_Chaoslava
  • Thumbs Up 9

Will prob have Sky Chase finished at some point tomorrow, any ideas on the next zone? Im thinking either ice cap or lava reef, though welcome to suggestion

I think you have Ambient Occlusion set too high, and I'm not sure what could cause those funny outlines on your specularity.

I think you have Ambient Occlusion set too high, and I'm not sure what could cause those funny outlines on your specularity.

Yeh i do, been playing with it quite a lot, outlines on the spec are because havent set to the correct bloom

Edit: Got the settings correct now, will upload tomorrow when finished other bits

Edited by Exo_Chaoslava

Hi all

Recently I have been doing work in 3ds Max and so looking for some feedback.

Just wondering if there is anything i have missed or something you feel should be included

Only one render at the moment as i am redoing work from 2 years passed

Death Egg - Inspired by Sonic 2

jmdeathegg2wip.jpg

Wow that looks amazing! I agree, Sonic does look a bit stiff, but either way, its a really good model job :D

Thanks! Yeh will add a few effects at some point soon, and yeh tails is next on the list.

Added to the background a bit with death egg in the clouds, prob need to play with it a bit to get the lighting and texturing right, need to improve on the model aswell, but its a start

skychase2jm.jpg

Now THAT is a cool looking scene! Quite nostalgic if you ask me, and Sonic definitely looks less stiff and more active in this

Ok so i decided i wasnt so keen on having the death egg in the sky chase scene,

Still need to finish model and texture it, but starting to fit together nicely

skychase3jm.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Lack of Tails disappoints me :P but I really love these both very good :)

Lack of Tails disappoints me :P but I really love these both very good :)

haha, he will be there soon!

Haha cheers, thought he should be in there somewhere.

Also started work on a Sky Chase Zone, still in its early stages atm

jmbiplane3.jpg

Holy shit, this looks sexeh!!!

I can see Sonic is using psychic powers to man the Tornado, but you said you'll be adding Tails soon, so I'm cool with that. :lol:

Oh, and...

Mind if you can put those beautiful works of yours in HD for Widescreen Monitors? I'd love to have that as a Wallpaper. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

:D

Yeh i can do, will try and put tails in 2moro, what res do u want?

Apologies for the delay in actually finishing sky chase.

Been way to busy recently. In the meantime can show you the wing fortress background, thats now more or less done

Still just tails to do!! haha

skychaselatest2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

Apologies for the delay in actually finishing sky chase.

Been way to busy recently. In the meantime can show you the wing fortress background, thats now more or less done

Still just tails to do!! haha

skychaselatest2.jpg

It looks awesome!

It indeed looks awesome. Like everyone else said, I can't wait to see the result!

Finally got round to actually finishing the sky chase scene, not that different from my last pic

Pic is also at 1920x1080

Let me know what you think!

skychaselatest1080wm.jpg

Edited by Exo_Chaoslava
  • Thumbs Up 7

Finally got round to actually finishing the sky chase scene, not that different from my last pic

Pic is also at 1920x1080

Let me know what you think!

skychaselatest1080wm.jpg

for some reason it doesnt look like its uploading at the correct quality, will try and sort it out

I think I just had a heart attack. Man, that is some sweet modeling! Great job!