Awoo.

Sonic Unlimited (formerly Sonic 2006 2D)

Lightspines

I might as well record a playthrough of this. It gives me a break from the Tales of Knighthood uploads.

What? I went through the hell of counting how many times Mariotehplumber swore in a single video!

I'm kind of jipped there was no ending too. Just credits would have been nice! >8C

It'll be neat to see if they eventually make Rush style remakes of the cut-scenes. I'd like to see them have a go at that.

Honestly though... 300mb... the music doesn't take up that much surely. I honestly was expecting rips of some of the cut-scenes with that filesize.

Yeah... That could have been a good idea.

Youtube have a few nice samples that could have been used in the game.

Like this, it feels even more incomplete than the original.

They wanted to replicate Sonic 2006 on the 2D plane.

But why what purpose did it serve, but to make us hate the game even more?

• Thumbs Up 3

1) They like Sonic 06.

2) They have delusions that any Sonic game, no matter what the reputation, is made better in 2D.

3) They were bored.

4) Other.

1) They like Sonic 06.

2) They have delusions that any Sonic game, no matter what the reputation, is made better in 2D.

3) They were bored.

4) Other.

Good engine, but everything else is poorly put together. It feels rushed.

I see what you did there.

Is it really NEW, SHOCKING knowledge that some people really like Sonic 2006?

I mean I don't really like it, it's just "okay" to me, but that's still enough to understand.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it really NEW, SHOCKING knowledge that some people really like Sonic 2006?

I mean I don't really like it, it's just "okay" to me, but that's still enough to understand.

It can be somewhat difficult imagining it, yes.

Not that I'm ignorant of those that do of course, it's their opinion after all, but...

• 3 months later...

Bump.

Guess whos getting his story now:

Oh dear. Now I'll have to put up with both of Mephiles' lousy fights...

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't understand why, if you're going to go to all this trouble to make a Sonic game, you wouldn't just make your own story. Something original.

The same reason why I don't understand why if you're going through all this trouble to make a Sonic game, why don't you just make your own game. Something original.

Fanworks are cool but at the same time I think people get too stuck on them. But then again that might be just being pretentious in some regard, I just like seeing more original content out of people who might have the talent to make it then a rehash of stuff in a pre-existing franchise.

The same reason why I don't understand why if you're going through all this trouble to make a Sonic game, why don't you just make your own game. Something original.

lol This would have been my next point. :)

Fanworks are cool but at the same time I think people get too stuck on them. But then again that might be just being pretentious in some regard, I just like seeing more original content out of people who might have the talent to make it then a rehash of stuff in a pre-existing franchise.

Then both of you are in the wrong place. Were sonic fans after all and just like any other fanbase we rehash like crazy!

Still not interested in this fangame as long as it's still a 2D Sonic 06 with all of the original game's problems intact.