Awoo.

Sonic Unlimited (formerly Sonic 2006 2D)

Lightspines

The hang glider is probably the only one that will/would even resemble a decent game. I expect they'll all be in there, though, due to their insane and destructive commitment to accuracy.

All you awesome talented peeps creating fan games and ROM hacks I got mad respect for you. Putting in lots of hard just because you love the franchise and for no personal gain. I feel like I have no right to criticize because I know absolutely nothing about making games and playing fan games does not incur any expense to me. Anyway an awesome thread about level design in 2D Sonic games just popped up on another site that might be useful:

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=28302

Interesting to see a thread on this.

I'm surprised nobody has posted the live LP Pokecapn and his freinds did as part of their Stupid Games Done for Money stream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN_xy4a678s

They did it on fan request since back in 2008, they made a magnificent blind LP on the actual PS3 game, which I also think everyone should watch first if they haven't already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq6U6rBF8kk&feature=related

Such delightful suffering.

Edited by Solly

Considering they weren't in the trailer, I wonder if Shadow's vehicles might be absent due to technical restraints in the same way Sonic's mach speed sections were (along with alternative character gameplay).

I hope anyway.

Edited by JezMM

Dreamhog your stupid posts are pissing me off and if you don't stop acting like a pest right now you can expect a strike. We expect members to have a certain level of posting ability that doesn't make them look like a dip.

Dreamhog your stupid posts are pissing me off and if you don't stop acting like a pest right now you can expect a strike. We expect members to have a certain level of posting ability that doesn't make them look like a dip.

No need to get personal. But if that'll make you happy then you do what you got to do. I have no regrets on the matter.

It's not my fault people are too serious. Including yourself.

No need to get personal. But if that'll make you happy then you do what you got to do. I have no regrets on the matter.

You're really pushing it. Besides, everyone here knows not to mess with Sean. Nobody. D=

I wonder how the Silver levels will turn out, since Silver's gameplay in '06 is more than just blazing through stages.

Edited by Ming Ming Love
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wonder how the Silver levels will turn out, since Silver's gameplay in '06 is more than just blazing through stages.

Well, I know one thing: if they keep that stupid billiard ball puzzle in Dusty Desert, I am not gonna be a happy camper...

Well, the billiard puzzle wouldn't really work quite the same in 2D. I mean it would, but it'd be massively simplified... which is fine with me of course, lol. What I hope is that they intentionally put in the door glitch.

No need to get personal.

Dude, look back - you're the one who was taking everything so personally and seriously earlier.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, the billiard puzzle wouldn't really work quite the same in 2D. I mean it would, but it'd be massively simplified... which is fine with me of course, lol. What I hope is that they intentionally put in the door glitch.

Dude, look back - you're the one who was taking everything so personally and seriously earlier.

i think all of silvers puzzles would be quite confusing.

that's not my fault if you assume what I say is serious.

Edited by Dreamhog

that's not my fault if you assume what I say is serious.

Erm... so you weren't being serious in your review that I simply wanted to disagree with earlier?

Erm... so you weren't being serious in your review that I simply wanted to disagree with earlier?

you're really not letting this go are you?

no, i obviously wasn't since I made it very well clear I said I was speaking for my own "opinion" I even said "keyword:opinion" in it.

Are you finished yet?

What a productive and thoroughly riveting discussion.

Well, I know one thing: if they keep that stupid billiard ball puzzle in Dusty Desert, I am not gonna be a happy camper...

I'm almost positive I developed an aneurysm trying to pass that section. Given the perspective change, however, chances are it won't be quite as infernal. That is of course assuming that they don't unveil some inventive new way to screw up, which regardless remains to be seen. Inevitably, I will end up trying this at some point, though I don't hold all that much hope for the end result.

Edit: They should endeavour to fix Chaos Blast, the move is nothing short of pitiful in the original game.

Edited by zI Maleficent

you're really not letting this go are you?

no, i obviously wasn't since I made it very well clear I said I was speaking for my own "opinion" I even said "keyword:opinion" in it.

Are you finished yet?

So in summary, you posted your opinion of the game, which I know from the very start was your opinion. I disagreed and stated why. You took it as a personal attack as if I was somehow claiming you weren't allowed to have an opinion. You are now saying that your opinion should have never been taken seriously (so again, if you want people to ignore your opinion, why post it?).

Yes I am finished, I just simply cannot understand why you reacted so defensively about all this. I apologise to staff if I should have stopped pushing this ages back. I just want to understand what miscommunicaiton has happened here but it doesn't look like I'm going to. Guh.

Edited by JezMM

So in summary, you posted your opinion of the game, which I know from the very start was your opinion. I disagreed and stated why. You took it as a personal attack as if I was somehow claiming you weren't allowed to have an opinion. You are now saying that your opinion should have never been taken seriously (so again, if you want people to ignore your opinion, why post it?).

Yes I am finished, I just simply cannot understand why you reacted so defensively about all this. I apologise to staff if I should have stopped pushing this ages back. I just want to understand what miscommunicaiton has happened here but it doesn't look like I'm going to. Guh.

I only debated your opinions like you did with my opinions. It's called a conversation.

Now if they were facts, and not opinion. Then there would have reasons to believe to be defensive about things. But since they were nothing more than speculations, i merely jest at you by doing the same thing you were doing to me.

But you can make your own assumptions at this point.

I only debated your opinions like you did with my opinions.

But, you didn't. You moaned at me for disagreeing and claimed I was saying you weren't allowed to have an opinion.

"If you don't like it, don't read it. Don't agree with it? THEN DON'T."

That's not debating at all, and all I've been questioning this entire time is why you just exploded like that at the mere sight of someone disagreeing with you.

What a productive and thoroughly riveting discussion.

I'm almost positive I developed an aneurysm trying to pass that section. Given the perspective change, however, chances are it won't be quite as infernal. That is of course assuming that they don't unveil some inventive new way to screw up, which regardless remains to be seen. Inevitably, I will end up trying this at some point, though I don't hold all that much hope for the end result.

I can only imagine it being possible if they had holes and slopes going up over them, so you have to time your hits right to get across each one? But a level change like that might be too unfaithful, so they may just skip over it.

Edit: They should endeavour to fix Chaos Blast, the move is nothing short of pitiful in the original game.

I didn't even know it existed, so I guess that says something, lol.

Edited by JezMM

Whoa guys, maybe back to your corners of the ring for a bit, alright, XD? This is starting to get a bit heated.

But, you didn't. You moaned at me for disagreeing and claimed I was saying you weren't allowed to have an opinion.

"If you don't like it, don't read it. Don't agree with it? THEN DON'T."

That's not debating at all, and all I've been questioning this entire time is why you just exploded like that at the mere sight of someone disagreeing with you.

You're taking this way too far, way too seriously and above all way too personal
  • Thumbs Up 8

And that isn't helping things in any shape or form.
Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 9

Dude if you weren't taking this too seriously you wouldn't be writing giant posts about how you aren't taking it too seriously. Just let it go, man.

I think the problem is that you don't make a whole lot of sense and are basically being aggressive for no reason.

• Thumbs Up 5