Awoo.

Sonic Unlimited (formerly Sonic 2006 2D)

Lightspines

This is exactly what Sonic 2006 would be if it were on a lower budget.

Slightly but nowhere near significantly better.

Sonic 2006 is that one game that manages to evade all kinds of universal logic.

Reading through this topic was delightful, it was like rooting for your favorite team in a Baseball game. My team was called "Azu-Dio."

• Thumbs Up 6

In conclusion, one needs more than just effort to make a great game. You need to have equal parts drive and taste. No amount of craftsmanship can fix a bad blueprint.

I love how this is one of the few adaptions of a game to be considered bad because it sticks to the source material. I love irony.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's exactly like Sonic 2006. Except this time in 2D. The stiffness, the shitty level design, the annoying quirks such as instant death when touching the sand in the second stage with no obvious method of circumventing it, they're all there.

You can't jump on enemies.

Game fucking sucks shit.

They didn't fix ANY of that? Then what the hell was the point of making it?

The battle with Silver managed to be even worse than the official version.

Uninstalled the game.

Im more suprised you took the time to install the fucking thing.

• Thumbs Up 5

Uninstalled the game.

Not possible unless he actually flings you beyond space in this.

Gotta admit they really kept this faithful even if it made it suck. Wish they let Azukara help...

Edited by goku262002

Uninstalled the game.

Considering there are only two directions, and attacking Silver from the front is Suicide, I'm not really surprised.

Uninstalled the game.

The secret is to not fucking jump when he's running at you.

Personal experience before uninstalling that shit after the unbearable Flame Core.

Uninstalled the game.

It's that bad? Darn, I didn't know that was even possible.

The secret to beating a boss in a platformer is to... not jump?

homer-woop-woop-woop.gif

As in, when Silver is running at you - when he's not throwing stuff - if you jump at him he'll just do his usual "IT'S NO USE!" crap. if you don't, he'll just grab the furniture near you. Then you can either slide-kick him or hit him with a Homing Attack, depending on your distance.

As in, when Silver is running at you - when he's not throwing stuff - if you jump at him he'll just do his usual "IT'S NO USE!" crap. if you don't, he'll just grab the furniture near you. Then you can either slide-kick him or hit him with a Homing Attack, depending on your distance.

That sounds lame.

But if you wanted to make the slide more useful... :P

Wat.

I mean....what? Did I seriously just read that right?

2008-07-09-epicfail.jpg

^ The caption under the title of this pic really sums up well my reaction.

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillScrooge
  • Thumbs Up 5

Hey look, it's this topic again. And guess what?

They still missed the point!

I'll be back when this is done installing so I can give my full commentary on just how ridiculous of an idea / how massive of a chunk of lost potential this was.

Edited by Azublitzen
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, I've made it to (and stuck on) Dusty Desert so far and... look, I'll be honest here. I hate this game. Just... everything about it is making me wanna quit in frustration. Sonic's controls are horrible; the level design is linear and boring as hell; half the time, I'm not actually doing anything; there's fake difficulty in literally every corner! The Egg Cerberus... the less said about that piece of trash, the better! I'm sorry, but I'm not having fun here at all!

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, I've made it to (and stuck on) Dusty Desert so far and... look, I'll be honest here. I hate this game. Just... everything about it is making me wanna quit in frustration. Sonic's controls are horrible; the level design is linear and boring as hell; half the time, I'm not actually doing anything; there's fake difficulty in literally every corner! The Egg Cerberus... the less said about that piece of trash, the better! I'm sorry, but I'm not having fun here at all!

• Thumbs Up 1

This game is so sad...

I hope with this everyone understands that there was no hope for this title.

The comments on the developer's YouTube videos are sickening.

This is why the game has gotten this far. They've gotten their support and approval from YouTube commenters.

I had a YouTube commenter swear before me once that it was Hyper Shadow, not Super Shadow, and that despite my evidence in the form of in-game data and Shadow's own namesake game to prove him otherwise, I was a fool for not believing the "awesome people at SEGA" who "designed the PRIMA (?!) official strategy guide."

This is crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSIughSDMw

• Thumbs Up 3