Awoo.

Sonic Unlimited (formerly Sonic 2006 2D)

Lightspines

Judging by the footage it looks very well made in terms of replicating 2006. That is commendable, and cool to see (both in terms of programming and artwork), but I do agree that it was ultimately a really silly project.

Here's hoping what skills they picked up in making this, they will use more responsibly in the future.

I look forward to playing it though. I'm one of the chosen few who can tolerate Sonic 2006 bordering-on-able-to-have-fun-when-playing-it.

I still can't believe that the one time the fanbase decides to remake Nextgen they don't try improving it in any way. Instead, they go out of their way to make it as bad as the original.

And being a 2D game just adds to the wound.

I'm just... in awe.

Edited by Azublitzen
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm downloading the game right now but from what people is saying here it can only be one of two things:

- They really loved Sonic '06 and wanted it totally identical but in 2D;

- They only wanted to show they can do as much or better than SEGA in replicating one of their games;

Now I wonder how would Generations HD look in a 2D version made by them...

I'm downloading the game right now but from what people is saying here it can only be one of two things:

- They really loved Sonic '06 and wanted it totally identical but in 2D;

- They only wanted to show they can do as much or better than SEGA in replicating one of their games;

Edited by Azublitzen

Bolded is your real answer.

If they wanted to make it better than Sega, then they would've used standard Sonic / momentum physics, removed insta-death areas, made it less linear, removed enemy healthbars, and removed all the dash-panel and homing attack chains.

Of course, they didn't want that, so they decided to make it just like the original. See last two pages for more details.

I read it before start posting and I've just seen a gameplay of the 1st stage and boss, it really brought me back some bad memories of the original game's gameplay even without playing it myself...

Gonna keep it but not try to play it, not worth the try, specially because I'm not that good of a player...

What is your problem? maybe someone who isn't trying to be a smartass will answer you legitimately.

Edited by XRick

My god you guys are such drama queens. I'm gonna play this when I get home and if it's not twice as repulsive as the original I will be severely dissapointed.

Well I'm sorry, but I think some of us feel they could have spent all that time and effort on something good, and being a remake of Sonic 2006 happens to almost immediately limit that chance.

I'm not trying to come off as a 'drama queen'. I'm not nearly as upset or apalled as I may sound over the internet. I'm just wondering why you'd objectively want to make a game that is complete crap, without parodic intentions.

Also, this:

Well I'm sorry, but I think some of us feel they could have spent all that time and effort on something good, and being a remake of Sonic 2006 happens to almost immediately limit that chance.

EDIT: Oh okay, I thought people were barking at me for my statements; disregard, I eat potatoes.

Edited by Azublitzen
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh crap, three posts in a row defending it.

*Ahem* This game is poo.

I never said i was defending this game or not. he just wants some techincal help and all i see in the form of replies are smartass remarks saying not to try it. if he wants to try it you have no right in saying he shouldn't.

I never said i was defending this game or not. he just wants some techincal help and all i see in the form of replies are smartass remarks saying not to try it. if he wants to try it you have no right in saying he shouldn't.

You really need to get a sense of humor.

This topic is like Christmas day.

Take a chill pill, man. What Shadic said.

But seriously, my computer threatened to divorce me if I install it, so I'll never know first-hand how awful it is.

Edited by Holiday Rush

My anti-virus won't let me install it, that says a lot. Even my computer knows how bad it is.

WOW!!! Does it have some kind of bad thing?

If so, thank goodness I really didn't install it...

I've got to admit, the game looks nice for a 2D fangame. Most of them end up looking like MSPaint crap.

• Thumbs Up 7

WOW!!! Does it have some kind of bad thing?

If so, thank goodness I really didn't install it...

Somethin about a trojan.

Somethin about a trojan.

From where did you get it? I got it from Mediafire in 3 parts, the link was in the other topic about this final release...