Awoo.

ARTWORK: WPC's Sculpts

Way Past Cool

I really like these! I tried modelling with clay before to get something similar, but I was pretty bad.

You on the other hand have done a marvelous job! Good show! I wish I could mold like that!

That is fucking amazing!

I don't really know who Scourge is mind, but he looks fucking amazing!

These are so epic XD I'm still reeling/grinning my head off at Ian Flynn commenting on them on Facebook ("Holy crap those are amazing!" - high praise from the guy who created them!)... thanks T-Bird for the FB signal boost! ♥

• Thumbs Up 1

*obligatory why Archie crap comment*

That's some pretty fantastic work. What did you make them of, and how long did they take to make.

*obligatory why Archie crap comment*

That's some pretty fantastic work. What did you make them of, and how long did they take to make.

Heh! Well, there's a lot of figures and toys of the game characters, so I thought, hell, it's about time some of the Archie cast got the 3D lovin'. ;D

Anyway, they're sculpted in Super Sculpt Firm clay over a wire armature, painted up with Warhammer paints. Took about two weeks in total. Thanks for asking!

dat grin

seriously these are pretty badassed. I don't even like archie, but I would pretty gladly buy these.

Heh! Well, there's a lot of figures and toys of the game characters, so I thought, hell, it's about time some of the Archie cast got the 3D lovin'. ;D

There's a reason they get no lovin'... :P

Anyway, they're sculpted in Super Sculpt Firm clay over a wire armature, painted up with Warhammer paints. Took about two weeks in total. Thanks for asking!

Ouch, that sounds like a load of effort. Guess you've done this sort of thing before? I remember when you made that human-Sonic figures a while ago.

D'awwww don't be hatin' on Archie ):

... okay, fine. It can get pretty lame at times. But I loves me some Scourge. And the Suppression Squad. Mm-hmm.

If you don't do the Alicia one, dearest dearheart of mine, I will get you in a vice grip and hold you there until you do~ ♥ Also, do commissions and sell them. I insist. You're just too talented to not rape people's wallets with your skill. Besides, if you make money, I can buy alcohol. It's win/win~

Also the Suppression Squad splash page bio-card whatever things. Yes. You work for me now... >_> (Have you ever not worked for me..?)

Thank you, Nemain, for giving WPC's work the extra exposure. You and T are wonderful (:

• Thumbs Up 1

The Sonic community is full of projects and creative people but I've never seen an Archie tribute done so damn well. I think this is special because the Archie characters have only ever been drawings to me, and it's so freakin' cool to see them sculpted into life. Sonic has had a 3D model since 1996 but the comic characters are only ink. I wonder if you took some liberties with the designs, WPC. Scourge's chaos scars appear raised which I've never seen in-book. I don't remember Miles' shoes being so sharp-toed either. I approve of both though. Their poses are awesome and suggest personality. I would pay money for these damn, I'm sure others would too. Team up with Ian Flynn.

The Sonic community is full of projects and creative people but I've never seen an Archie tribute done so damn well. I think this is special because the Archie characters have only ever been drawings to me, and it's so freakin' cool to see them sculpted into life. Sonic has had a 3D model since 1996 but the comic characters are only ink. I wonder if you took some liberties with the designs, WPC. Scourge's chaos scars appear raised which I've never seen in-book. I don't remember Miles' shoes being so sharp-toed either. I approve of both though. Their poses are awesome and suggest personality. I would pay money for these damn, I'm sure others would too. Team up with Ian Flynn.

Aww man, thanks so much for the kind words! That's pretty much what I had in mind when I came up with the idea for these... there's just no 3D representation of the Archie cast of characters, and hey, what better way to start than with a couple of my most favorites? ;D

Anyway, as to taking liberties, I may have in a way, but I gathered a large sampling of references and it really comes down to artistic continuity. There are definitely a couple of cover and/or good in-comic pics where the scars are raised, as here:

King-Super-Scourge-scourge-the-hedgehog-7180007-661-1024.jpg

And a lot where they are seemingly flat. But knowing how scars are in real life, I went with raised. The same with Miles' boots... XD to be honest, poor Miles' outfit is probably the most inconsistent of the Supression Squad, but as for the toes, it seems to range from pointy to almost hoof-like. Just went with the sharp and dangerous aesthetic I was working towards :)

XD Team up with Ian Flynn? Well, not sure how I'd go about doing that, although he did give them a very nice compliment on Facebook. Not sure how much use they'd have for them, but if he or his team wanted to commission a set made of their cast, I certainly wouldn't turn it down!

Edited by Way Past Cool

Wow congrats on the complement from Flynn himself. :3

Yeah these are amazing, I always get fascinated by sculptures when they're super well done, and I almost never see any fan art ones so this was exciting. Those details are amazing D; How tall are they?

Wow congrats on the complement from Flynn himself. :3

Yeah these are amazing, I always get fascinated by sculptures when they're super well done, and I almost never see any fan art ones so this was exciting. Those details are amazing D; How tall are they?

Thanks so much! The Scourge one is about 8 inches tall, I think, and Miles is about 5. :)

5"? Just measured 'em and Scourge is indeed 8" but Miles is 6" actually. I know he's small, but he's not THAT small XD; You're gonna give him a complex.