Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

I've been going around youtube lately, and almost every single Sonic video has a comment saying "SA3! IT CAN SAVE SONIC!" So I ask you, just why do people want a sonic adventure 3. I mean I'm open to another adventure game, but the amount of request for sa3 is just pathetic. Even on Sega's youtube page, half of the damn comments are filled with "Make a SA3, please Sega!"

What exactly can SA3 do that the past games haven't? Have a good story? Sorry that doesn't make a game. Multiple characters mean more fun? Funny how everyone says Sa2 has the best gameplay, even though most of those people only like the Sonic/Shadow levels. Those Chao Gardens? They will not make the game. I've seen so many people want SA3 just for the chao gardens. So can someone tell me exactly what SA3 can do that would "save" the franchise, even though the franchise is dying, just the intelligence of half it's fanbase?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Because according to scientific experiments, the Adventures were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I call bullshit on said experiments, but eh.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wouldn't mind an SA3. Though I just really like the number 3. It's a pretty cool number. Also Adventure Trilogy sounds cool... Wait, I was supposed to go somewhere with this.

• Thumbs Up 6

We already got Sonic Adventure 3, only its name was Sonic the Hedgehog, and it was released in 2006.Hub World, multiple characters, multiple playstyles, permanent upgrades, multiple story paths, and a Last Story. It's a Sonic Adventure title in everything but name. All it's missing is a chao garden, and that could just be because it was the most unfinished Beta in a long time.

Let us now never speak of it again.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Bad Quality Post 2

As much as I would like another adventure styled Sonic title, it most likely will never happen. Here's hoping they create something new for the next generation of consoles, though.

The same exact reason people begged and pleaded for Sonic 4.

Only to bitch about it not exeeding their expectations or not being what they had envisioned for an idealistic Sonic 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

People think an SA3 can "Save Sonic" cause they think that an SA3 can carry on the same success that the first two Adventure games had 10+ years ago. The Adventure games were Sonic's first 3D games and people standards wasn't as high back then and they're not as harsh towards the 3D games like they are now. To me an SA3 is just a name and some people act like a Sonic game can't be good or isn't worth their attention if there's no SA3 on the title.

Only to bitch about it not exeeding their expectations or not being what they had envisioned for an idealistic Sonic 4.

That's another reason why I don't think an Sonic Adventure 3 is going to "save Sonic" cause I know people will complain about every single little detail and it's only going to cause more problems. Whether it's story, the voices, the amount of playable characters or lack of, alternate playstyles, chao gardens, gimmicks, etc.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

We already got Sonic Adventure 3, only its name was Sonic the Hedgehog, and it was released in 2006.Hub World, multiple characters, multiple playstyles, permanent upgrades, multiple story paths, and a Last Story. It's a Sonic Adventure title in everything but name. All it's missing is a chao garden, and that could just be because it was the most unfinished Beta in a long time.

Let us now never speak of it again.

This.

Plus Sonic Unleashed's most early development name was Sonic Adventure 3, but it later turned into Sonic World Adventure and finally Sonic Unleashed.

Sonic Heroes has lots of things related to the number 3, and references events from SA1 and SA2, so it sounds likely it was supposed to be Adventure 3 at some point.

Really, the only recent Sonic game that didn't try to be SA3 was Sonic Colors - and, incidentally, it happens to be the best Sonic game since a while.

• Thumbs Up 2

They already got Sonic Adventure 3. Just under a different name.

256px-Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.jpg

I mean, it has all of the alternate playstyles like the other two do, right?

Edited by o T a iIi lL sS
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Bad Quality Post 3

Because people want more excuses to first-person camera Rouge's cleavage.

• Thumbs Up 9

Nostalgia.

Like, that is literally all there is to say.

Hit the nail on the head.

I think most of the people who want SA3 so desperately either started the series with the Adventures, or really bought into the hype of them. In either case, they see them as the defining games of the series, and they overestimate their modest success and quality. They think if they just get another Adventure, everything can be like it used to be, when we didn't have to worry about ShtH or '06 and people didn't fight (as much).

Nostalgia and dreams to fulfill their childhood memories. If anything, I think Sonic Heroes is Sonic Adventure 3. Heck, even Sonic 06 could be--*shot dead*

But seriously, the Adventure games are way too hyped and looked highly on. People need to accept this won't happen and need to stop living like a creepy manchild crouched over their Dreamcast.

Nothing against Dreamcast fans. Just that SA3 will not be happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

What Noire said. It's the nostalgia goggles that are getting way into their dim-witted skull.

Note: I'm not dissing on Sonic Adventure fans, nor people who want Sonic Adventure 3; I'm dissing on people who are so stupid to say that Sonic Adventure are the only good games to come out of the franchise, and that by making an SA3, it will automatically save Sonic, and prevent global warming from happening, thus all the baby polar bears in the world are rescued.

Nothing against Dreamcast fans. Just that SA3 will not be happening.

That's the same thing people have said about Sonic 4 and that it could "save Sonic". Look how that turn out.

What Noire said. It's the nostalgia goggles that are getting way into their dim-witted skull.

Note: I'm not dissing on Sonic Adventure fans, nor people who want Sonic Adventure 3; I'm dissing on people who are so stupid to say that Sonic Adventure are the only good games to come out of the franchise, and that by making an SA3, it will automatically save Sonic, and prevent global warming from happening, thus all the baby polar bears in the world are rescued.

In my opinion with Colors out and Generations in development, he's already saved and out of the rut.

That's the same thing people have said about Sonic 4 and that it could "save Sonic". Look how that turn out.

The thing about Sonic 4 though is the fact that it is a continuation of the Genesis games. Not to mention Sonic 4 was half assed and the physics sucked balls.

• Thumbs Up 1

A mediocre game with unsatisfactory physics with some cat-slaying music because of its mediocrity, mediocre, mediocre. I enjoyed Sonic 4, but I can't say it's "zomg best Sawnik gaem EVA! :UUUU". It ísn't. It's not good at all. It's a shoddily made downloadable game that isn't worth 10 bucks. It's just enjoyable. It got a good rating because Critics are biased freaks...

• Thumbs Up 2

This.

Plus Sonic Unleashed's most early development name was Sonic Adventure 3, but it later turned into Sonic World Adventure and finally Sonic Unleashed.

Sonic Heroes has lots of things related to the number 3, and references events from SA1 and SA2, so it sounds likely it was supposed to be Adventure 3 at some point.

Really, the only recent Sonic game that didn't try to be SA3 was Sonic Colors - and, incidentally, it happens to be the best Sonic game since a while.

So then...the main Sonic games that we've been having for a Decade were ALL SUPPOSED TO BE SA3 till Colors, and Colors does the best because it wasn't supposed to be SA3? .......Sega, please....PLEASE....DON'T MAKE A SA3 SO WE CAN GET GOOD GAMES.

• Thumbs Up 1

A mediocre game with unsatisfactory physics with some cat-slaying music because of its mediocrity, mediocre, mediocre. I enjoyed Sonic 4, but I can't say it's "zomg best Sawnik gaem EVA! :UUUU". It ísn't. It's not good at all. It's a shoddily made downloadable game that isn't worth 10 bucks. It's just enjoyable. It got a good rating because Critics are biased freaks...

I like it but I don't believe it's "the best Sonic game in 16 years" that critics claim it is when it first came out.

Edited by sonfan1984

One of the bigger reasons I'd ever want an SA3 is so that they can bring back the Chao Garden :rolleyes: I mean, in terms of gameplay, I think Sega's finally picking up on it, so an SA3 for that reason probably wouldn't be all that valid :mellow:

I like it but I don't believe it's "the best Sonic game in 16 years" that critics claim it is when it first came out.

I like it too, but it isn't anything so extraordinary for critics to worship on... |:

I like it too, but it isn't anything so extraordinary for critics to worship on... |:

It's a 2D game. Especially if the game is trying to be classic and nostalgic.