VertekinsMember Since 05 Mar 2009
Offline Last Active Today, 03:20 AM
Why hai thar. My name is Vertekins but people call me Verte. SSMB member since 6th May 2005. Sonic fan since about April 1994. Sonic gamer extraordinaire, writer at Concept: "Mobius" (I'm partly responsible for the REAL character bio's with my partner in crime i.e the webmaster and I write some of the Game Relations pages) and retired Sonic Stadium Staffer/News reporter/Site contributor.
Apparently, I'm kinda whimsical (According to people here XD) and also very nice and extremely easy to generally get along with. So don't even hesitate to leave a comment or send me a PM or something if you wanna be friends or talk to me ;D I'm extremely easy to approach and won't bite your head off, honest. No, I really mean it! Members seem happy flocking to me for guidance and I cannot deny that it is my pleasure to offer it to them.
You could say that I am extremely opinionated and austere as well as being frequently slow on the uptake regarding good natured jesting and jokeyness. It could be said that I am very straight-talking and frank, but never with intentional rudeness though I can be very occasionally sarcastic. I don't beat around the bush when it comes to stating my opinions and arguments. Because I love the series so much, I settle on the multiple aspects of it and I assess topics and points of discussion from multiple angles which I think is the only real way to adequately judge them which often results in my posts often being elaborative. More often than not, if I put something across seriously, it's out of vehemence rather than pissiness or meanness. I don't like meanness. I believe that meanness/snark is just a refuge for the witless and a pleasant manner gets you farther and inherently has more merit. I pride myself on being rational and fair regarding my judgment of things. It usually takes a very compelling counterargument to make me change my opinions on things. I'm not completely dead set in my views though, such counterarguments can affect my perception of things however if they're convincing enough or even make me do a 360 and re-assess my opinion and change it. This has happened quite a few times to date. Isn't that a testament to just how convincing and informed many members on this forum are? SSMB rocks!
I tend to take Sonic discussion quite seriously and I am intensely passionate about the franchise and the fine details of it. I am particularly known around here as a Storybook Series and HD Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations fangirl (<3) and one who takes Sonic's characterization in particular very seriously because he's my absolute fave character and I just have a......protectiveness regarding his characterization, subtle attributes that made me like him so much. I go on about it and sometimes bitch and whine about it perhaps a bit too much ^^;;
I always aim to debate/argue amiably as I feel that anything less tends to 'blacken' the discussion and gives it an aura of over-seriousness and even unfriendliness and I....don't like that :S We shouldn't fight for frikkin' supremacy you know opinion-wise, debating isn't a game of dominance and never should be, it's a game of understanding the other's stance and reasons for stance and having differing opinions is the spice of life. Get over yourself if you think otherwise :/ I also laugh at generalizers (Especially those who generalize the fandom) and I hate White Knights and Lickspittles.
- Uh, Sonic? Duh... Games? Love 'em except for Shadow, CHRONICLES, '06, Spinball and G-Sonic. Merch? Love collecting that which appeals to me. Characters? There's very few that I hate.
- One Piece. It's the only Anime and Manga that I'm actually interested in.
- Both of Sonic's designs but I have a slightly greater preference for the Modern design.
- Collecting Sonic merchandise and other tidbits of videogame-related merch.
- Kitties and Yorkshire Terriers. They melt my heart. I have a tendency to turn into a gibbering idiot when I see one XD
- Good fanfiction.
- Cooking shows, cookbooks, things to do with food.
- MLP: FiM. I'm a pretty casual fan (Not a Pegasister) who loves the frequently great writing, interesting characters and appealing style.
- I have a deep respect for; John Holt (The educator not the singer), Florence Nightingale,
David Attenborough and Candace Lightner.
The best (IMO) - *
Most loved - *
Most hated - *
Favourite Sonic games; Sonic 3 and Knuckles3, Sonic CD2*, Sonic 2 (Mega Drive)7 Sonic Generations HD1*, Both Storybook games5 (SatSR > SatBK), Sonic Adventure 26, Sonic Colours4, Sonic Unleashed HD1*
Least favourite Sonic games; Sonic Spinball3, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood1*, SONIC The Hedgehog 20062*, Shadow the Hedgehog4 and Sonic Blast/G-Sonic5.
Numbers indicate order of favoritism/dislike 1 = most loved/most despised
My top 10 favourite and 5 least favourite characters in order are;
My Xbox Live Gamertag is: II Verte II.
My PSN ID is Vertekins.
My NintendoID is Vertekins
My 3DS Friend Code is 3652 - 0707 - 1985.
Feel free to add me
I only give out my Facebook details at my own discretion but ask and I'll see....
- Group Retired Staff
- Active Posts 3221
- Profile Views 58045
- Member Title Member
- Age 25 years old
- Birthday November 21, 1987
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom.
- SONIC! Whether it be game or character. The character especially, so amazing and fascinating *0* Sonic is my favourite game series and i've been playing since 1994. I love SatAM too even though it's aged badly and is overrated.
- Singing the praises of the Sonic Storybook series <3
- Legend of Zelda
- Golden Sun
- Chrono Trigger
- MLP: Fim. I'm a casual fan who greatly values the thoughtful characterization and appealing storylines, characters and visual style.
- Collecting Sonic merchandise. But I only collect what appeals to me
- Games-playing in general. Been doing it for over 22 years now and I don't intend to ever stop
- Video game music.
- Cuteness and adorable things
- Steel and Grass-Type Pokemon. Steel in particular.
- Animals. Especially Cats, Kittens, Cetaceans and Hedgehogs. Don't like fish or noisy parrots though. I love Yorkshire Terrier dogs.
- A huge variety of tasty/interesting/good foods as long as it isn't chilli-spicy or excessively sweet
- Art creation. I try to focus exclusively on pixel art creation
- Writing. But I ain't done it for a long long time
- Reading. Mostly information books and the occasional novel but I adore good written fanfiction. I'm a fanfic maniac LOL but I don't read M rated fics and don't like reading hurt or angst.
- SonicXAmy shipping
- My real name
- Doctors and surgeons
- Misanthropy. How presumptuous and narrow-minded.
- Gratuitous NOTE; Gratuitous swearing. It doesn't make you look serious about what you're saying, it just makes you look witless and easy to provoke.
- People with bad/confrontational attitudes.
- White Knights/Lickspittles
- I despise Shotacon and Lolicon. It's nothing more or less than pedophilia masquerading as 'innocent' lines/words on paper.
- Darkness, stinging insects, hospitals and anaesetic rooms, heights and sickness
- Archie Sonic to an extent. I think for the majority of it's run, it stomped all over the legacy of a great cartoon show and almost totally screwed-over Sally's character. It's also a very pretentious continuity and encapsulates everything that shouldn't be a factor in Sonic.
- Pretty much all alcohol except for Bailey's Irish Cream. I'm a near-total teetotaler.
- I am extremely aggressively opposed to most forms of involuntary medical treatment and medically unnecessary mid-to-late-term fetal abortions. I am particularly ferocious about this topic.
- Plagiarists and art thieves :<
- Pixel Art being considered poor graphics when used in games. It's just a pet peeve of mine because of my deep fondness for pixel art and it's integrity.
- I have a deep hatred of deadbeat fathers
- Marriage and everything pertaining to it
- Education establishments. I am a firm proponent of homeschooling
- Emulators and Tool Assistance
- Homophobes and Heterophobes