KomodinMember Since 16 Jul 2011
Online Last Active Today, 04:28 PM
Hello, reader, and welcome to my profile page!
All righty then, allow me to tell you about me. You see, I originally came across this very message board back in 2004 through a simple Google Search for Sonic the Hedgehog. For the longest time, I was just a lurker, watching the goings-on of this site from afar. Although I originally made an account here back in late 2007, due to my online shyness, it went mostly underused and was ultimately wiped out with the server wipe of 2009. From there, I mostly kept myself on TV Tropes, though I was also a frequenter of TSSZ News, the SEGA Forums and GameFAQS’s own Sonic boards--ultimately, though, I mostly forgot about this site.
However, with the 2010 release of Sonic Colors, I decided to give this site a visit, just to see how the game was received in the Sonic community. Though I was initially surprised by how different things looked at the time from my last major visit, I came to like how more accessible it now was. For the next few months, I went back to my lurking routine, reading the posts and gauging how the users act and how they would if I were to join. This came to a head on July 16, 2011 when, just two days before I was to take a madantory trip to the other side of the US, I finally made an account here again. Although it took me some time--I think about a couple months--I eventually found my niche in the Sonic Stadium Message Board community and, from there, the rest was more or less history.
Nowadays, I'm just your typical once-hardcore, now-intermediate gamer who has a special appreciation for the Sonic series. A somewhat shy and quiet Gentle Giant, I have a generally positive outlook on life--the way I figure things, time spent angsting over matters that you can affect is time better spent doing things proactively. Although I have a reputation here for having a “meh” attitude (meaning that I think they’re average in a negative way), there isn’t much of anything that I think is genuinely “meh” or worse. I just prefer to focus on things that I’m interested in--if there’s something that I’m not, then I just leave it be and move on. That’s just how I work.
Though I’m generally referred to as “Komodin” or just “Komo” (I don’t mind either names), I also go by the username "Komodos" on some forums like the SEGA Forums.
Speaking of offsite matters, in addition to being the self-proclaimed Sonic the Hedgehog Wiki Curator of TV Tropes, I'm also the Forum Herald of TVTropes’ Video Games subforum, as well as a member of the Panel for the Prevention of Pedo-Pandering, Pornography and Perversity, or the P5 for short. Although I became a “P5 Guy” in 2012, I’m actually a long-time member of the site as a whole--since early 2007, even! If you have any questions regarding TV Tropes, whether it is page editing help, P5-related matters, or you just wanna talk about tropes, then feel free to give me a private message on here or on TV Tropes itself. I’m always happy to help and talk tropes!
...Oh, I almost forgot! I also read and write fanfiction. It isn’t a big deal, though. Some examples of my narrative fanworks are:
- The Blue Blur of Termina - My magnum opus, of sorts. Based on the events of the game, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, along with some plot elements and references from Sonic Unleashed, the story chronicles Sonic the Hedgehog and Tatl Berylia and their journey through the four corners of Termina to seek the help necessary to stop the catastrophic descent of the rogue moon before it annihilates the world. Essentially, it's a Sonic the Hedgehog/The Legend of Zelda crossover retelling of the story for Majora’s Mask. A work-in-progress, there are currently 10 chapters up on FanFiction.net, with Chapter 11 underway.
- Mischief Makers: A Cybot's Tale - This is a more straightforward retelling of the Nintendo 64 cult classic, Mischief Makers. It's currently on hiatus, until I got a concrete game plan for what to do with it.
- Impending Doom (best viewed here) - This is a oneshot based on Mad Gear Zone, Act 3 from Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1. It dramatizes what would likely happen if Sonic mistakenly forgot to trigger a switch that would get him out of a room that would soon get crushed by that Wall of Death, and promptly pays the penalty for his grave error.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Dr. Eggman’s Revenge - This is essentially an expanded retelling of Sonic the Hedgehog 4, created as an exercise to provide a more substantial narrative to the games' events. It, too, is currently on hiatus, as I'm trying to properly plan out how to go about it.
- Sonic's Promise - This is a short semi-romantic oneshot novelization based on an event in Sonic Unleashed near the endgame. You see, in the PS3/360 version of Sonic Unleashed, if you talk to Amy Rose outside Professor Pickle’s Laboratory in the continent of Shamar before you head out to Eggmanland, you actually have the option to either ask her out or just reject her.
And with that, I am done now. Thank you very much for reading, and have a nice day!
- Group TSS Member
- Active Posts 3295
- Profile Views 54330
- Member Title TV Tropes' Sonic Wiki Curator and P5 Member
- Age 23 years old
- Birthday July 25, 1991
Somewhere in the Silent Forest
Playing video games.
Writing short stories.
Reading stories and poetry.
Researching information (especially anything pertaining to biology, astronomy and computer technology).
Listening to music.
- Skype GreatKomodin
- Steam GreatKomodin
- Website URL http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/Komodin
- NNID GreatKomodin
- PSN GrandKomodax