Awoo.
  • Join the Sonic Community Today!

Welcome to the world's biggest and best Sonic the Hedgehog online community! Register an account with us to get your very own Sonic social media account, and take part in the global blue blur conversation!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. MetalSkulkBane

Thoughts on the Sonic Advance Trilogy?

I respect them. It's cool how each of them has distinctive identity. Great graphics. But they nothing more than okay. 1 was classics Sonic-light 2 was an experiment prototype that we should try to do refine (boost is not the same) and 3 was ambitious, but I kinda hate most combos. I usually stick to 1-2 per character. Level design could been better. I hate all the special stages, I never got to final boss of Advance 2. Lastly some additions were additions for additions sake. How often did you use "punch" button, when spinning does the same thing without loss of speed?
  3. Iko

I've talked so much about them over the years that at the moment I don't feel like going into an in depth analisis again, so I'll try to be short. I love the Advance games... both artistically and gameplay-wise. They have issues, plenty of them, but they also had so much identity and brought many new ideas to the table of the classic formula, that was used as their basis. If instead of being side games for an handheld console they were developed with the budget and the care of a mainline product, I'm pretty sure they would have been the peak of Sonic in general. It took decades for Super Mario Wonder to get even remotely close to having the animations of their platforming mascots to be expressive as the ones in the Advance trilogy, that even today IMO are still undefeated. Advance 2 is my favorite, but I also like Advance 1 a lot, especially as Amy due to her harder but more satisfying gameplay. I also liked the tag actions in Advance 3. I wish there was a spiritual sequel that took all the best elements of the 3 games and fused them into one...
  4. Today
  5. KingSonicFan134

So I've just completed Sonic Advance 3, concluding my experience with the Sonic Advance series. I've never heard much of them before giving them a shot, just the fact that it was more 2D Sonic was enough to convince me to give them a try. I found the experience to be overall a mixed bag. On one hand, the graphics were a great aspect of the trilogy, with plenty of bright colors and fun designs for enemies and bosses that are tailored to their respective worlds. Advance 3 especially. The UI was fast and clean, nothing janky or hard to understand, and the controls felt very smooth and clean. However, on the other hand, Advance 1 and 3 go with shockingly bad level design practices like a large amount death pits, little reaction time to upcoming enemies when Sonic's at blazing speeds, lacking communication of which direction to go in any given stage, and, especially in the case of 3, difficult and often times frustrating bosses that don't communicate how to cross the finish line well enough. Advance 2 was a bit different. The other Advance games go more into the vertical platforming route instead of horizontal, in lieu of Sonic CD, but Advance 2 goes even more into the vertical department, which creates more replay value in which route to go the next time I'm playing. Advance 2 also sees the only appearance of auto-scrolling battles in the trilogy, and if you've read my blog I released about an auto-scrolling bosses, this is my preferred choice to smash Eggman's contraptions. So yeah, there's my two cents.
  6. I thought the one that birthed PG-13 was Indiana Jones and the Heart Ripped Out Of A Guy's Chest.
  7. Wow, for an official Sonadow game, I was expecting them to get much more racy than this XD I will bring up, as one of the first E10+ games, brought about from last minute changes from what they original intended to be T rated, I still feel ShTH would get hit with a T rating anyhow had it released today. Akin to Indiana Jones and the Melting Nazi Face: It's PG rated, brought forth the conception of PG-13, would still be a hard R today. Present day E10+ products can still shoot a child, but don't expect too much to be depicted onscreen.
  8. Yesterday
  9. Cyb3rkn1ght

Your Sonic analog horror ideas

I hate to be that one Sonic.EXE fan, but come on, it could have been better. Just think: Back then, you never knew why some demon possessed him, and turn on every. single. one. of his friends. brutally killed, no mercy. even The Doctor was given no mercy. Sonic.EXE: The Disaster does it right for me; it tries, to get away from the foolishness of FNF, Content farms, and memes. he rules now. you don't get to play as the hero who always wins. you run away from him. you hide. and once your found, its over. and when its over, all you get to do, is sit and watch them all suffer, while Sonic.EXE turns the Happy-go-luck world you once knew, into HELL. Sonic.EYX does this TREMENDOUSLY good, it not being a form of sonic, more so, a distorted timeline of his own creation. its like as if, someone else decides if you win. but you don't. no one-ups, no protection, no rings, no heads-up. your gone for good. I think, if EXE was given another chance, it could be as Bone-chilling as sink. no hope, for noone. just the terrifying rule of a demon.
  10. ESRB ratings have always been kinda arbitrary and whether they note something down for certain content or not seems to be random. The game isn't going to have anything Lost World, Forces or Frontiers didn't. I wouldn't even be surprised if this re-release didn't have the Shadow story was re-rated or at least had extra notes on the content since that's not exactly unheard of either.
  11. #13/52 - Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara (Arcade) This was a lot better than the last fantasy-themed beat-em-up arcade game I played.
  12. TAILSGONETOOFAST

2024_03_09_0o2_Kleki.png

Good Job!!! I used to use kleki but moved on to Krita If you have a Chromebook klekis a good tool but if you have a mac or a windows I suggest krita!
  13. TAILSGONETOOFAST

Sonic Dream Team Update 2 Going Live at 6PM EST

i wonder once its over and out for a while it might come out on console I kinda doubt it but maybe
  14. Bat Tea

Your Sonic analog horror ideas

I've recently been watching some Sonic Underground. I think the roboticization of Mobians in the show was portrayed pretty decent enough for a Saturday morning kids cartoon, but when I saw it I was like "Wait...". The roboticization aspect was phased out probably because it was horrifying to have your body and mind literally transformed into being Robotnik's property.
  15. Makes sense since Shadow is going to be in this game and they are probably going to be taking some levels from the Shadow the Hedgehog game, since that game was geared towards an older audience.
  16. ...did they fire the person who normally checks to make sure the solicit doesn't spoil the issues leading up to it?
  17. That face says he doesn't really want to be here right now...
  18. Wow! Kit is ROCKING those goggles!
  19. We have the B Cover by Abby Starling, which shows Surge & Kit Surge appears to be riding a green customized version of the Classic Hang-On. While it is a powerful bike, the Hang-On has low control and is a gas guzzler. It's also a nod to the Hang-On Sega Series. Kit is riding the Class Cover F, a Bike type Extreme Gear introduced in Sonic Riders. It's an exclusive Bike for Flight Racers that increases their acceleration and endurance.
  20. We have massive spoilers this time so I'm going to spoiler tag the entire solicitation If you don't want to get spoiled this early on, before the official release of these issues, do not read the solicitation Sonic IDW #71 Covers Cover A is by Min Ho Kim Cover B is by Evan Stanley Cover Retail Incentive is by Nathalie Fourdraine Sonic IDW #71 Solicitation Expected Release Date is July 2024 Other Stuff We have some concept art of Riders Kit
  21. We have come full circle and returned to the rating of his own game.
  22. …and I was starting to think, where is that damn ESRB rating.
  23. Well, not really a surprise there, is it? It looks like it has come from the official Sonic the Hedgehog site. I wonder if it was rated as this from before. Either way, it can’t be that bad. So, what do you all think?
  24. CHECK IN: Things have been pretty busy lately, so I haven't had really any time to play or finish any video games. I'm trying to do a thing where I play one game at a time, and I have one selected per console. So the one I'm currently working on is Assassin's Creed Black Flag on Xbox 360, which I want to talk about a bit. I can already see why people say AC: Black Flag is the best in the series, and I haven't even gotten that far into it. Edward Kenway is already a kickass protag, and the only other AC protag I've ever come to the conclusion that quickly about was Ezio. The game is beautiful, and I was wowed by how they manage to implement vibrant colors and still make everything look like how the 1700s are normally portrayed in media. The combat can get angering at times (same problem with the other AC games; one guard gets alerted and suddenly the whole bloody armada is after your ass), but the sword gameplay is better than it was in some previous titles. I'm already obsessed with pirates, and having a game that really does the spirit of those scalawags justice makes me immeasurably happy. Especially after the Skull and Bones failure (I was so excited :( ). Other than that, the games that I've set up to finish for each console are NiER: Automata on PS5, Pokémon Platinum on DS, Sonic and the Secret Rings on Wii, Pokémon Silver on 3DS, Sonic Rivals on PSP, Risen 2 OR Borderlands 1 on PS3, Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice on Nintendo Switch, King Arthur(2004) on PS2, and Sonic Jam on Saturn. I'm planning on picking up some more games for my N64 and Dreamcast, as I really only have Sonic Shuffle to play on Dreamcast in Japanese, which I don't want to do, and Pokémon Stadium 2. I'm almost finished with Sonic Lost World on Wii U, and it is.... urggh. I don't like it at all, but I should have it finished before the end of the week. I REALLY want that Sonic Adventure 2 profile gift!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.