Awoo.
  • Join the Sonic Community Today!

Welcome to the world's biggest and best Sonic the Hedgehog online community! Register an account with us to get your very own Sonic social media account, and take part in the global blue blur conversation!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I have a younger sister, a big fan of Sonic, Who's in elementary school. She knows quite a few people who are fans of Sonic. She's also friends with LOTS of others and she reports that some watched Sonic X, and others played Sonic games on their Consoles/Smart devices. She isn't bullied for liking Sonic. As for me.... I'm pretty much a tad bit younger than all of you, in Middle School to be exact, so I can cover this. Only 2 kids wore Sonic shirts, no comments on those. I overhear many kids saying that "Sonic was never good" and it fills me with rage. But many people like to see me play Sonic Superstars, and some join me and many people know who he is, so I think many kids know Sonic, but it doesn't really appeal to them as much as Clash of Clans, or TikTok.
  3. Today
  4. Watch me play Sonic Mania :D sorry for the game being in the corner I had no time to record a new one ps I did not edit out the part about the game not recording
  5. Sonic's birthday is still a couple months away, but SEGA is wasting no time in getting things set up for the big day. Not only have we got our first look at the new official key art for Sonic's 2024 Birthday celebration, but also first word of a special event taking place in Tokyo and limited edition merchandise to collect for the occasion too. Here's the key art for the new birthday year, straight from Sonic Channel's social media page itself: As is the tradition these days, SEGA will also host a special birthday party in honor of Sonic at the Tokyo Joypolis indoor theme park in Japan. The event will span a whole week, from Saturday 23 June until Sunday 30 June, and will feature Sonic-themed food and various stamp rallies. More details are coming soon, but if you're interested (or planning a summer trip to Tokyo) you'll want to note the address of Joypolis, which is situated in Tokyo's Odaiba bay (1-6-1 Daiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo DECKS Tokyo Beach 3F-5F). In addition to the event, SEGA's official channels also hinted at a range of "Sonic's Birthday 2024" themed goods that fans will be able to order online, with a range spanning t-shirts to file folders, keychains and tote bags. You can see a selection of the goods teased below. What do you think of the planned celebrations so far? Let us know in the comments section below. Original Post Content: View full story
  6. Sonic's birthday is still a couple months away, but SEGA is wasting no time in getting things set up for the big day. Not only have we got our first look at the new official key art for Sonic's 2024 Birthday celebration, but also first word of a special event taking place in Tokyo and limited edition merchandise to collect for the occasion too. Here's the key art for the new birthday year, straight from Sonic Channel's social media page itself: As is the tradition these days, SEGA will also host a special birthday party in honor of Sonic at the Tokyo Joypolis indoor theme park in Japan. The event will span a whole week, from Saturday 23 June until Sunday 30 June, and will feature Sonic-themed food and various stamp rallies. More details are coming soon, but if you're interested (or planning a summer trip to Tokyo) you'll want to note the address of Joypolis, which is situated in Tokyo's Odaiba bay (1-6-1 Daiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo DECKS Tokyo Beach 3F-5F). In addition to the event, SEGA's official channels also hinted at a range of "Sonic's Birthday 2024" themed goods that fans will be able to order online, with a range spanning t-shirts to file folders, keychains and tote bags. You can see a selection of the goods teased below. What do you think of the planned celebrations so far? Let us know in the comments section below.
  7. I've seen one random kid with a prime toy.
  8. I have 2 nephews, aged 8 and 6. They love Sonic, played a lot of the games, watch the shows, buy the toys and much more. They tell me they play games with other kids in school and talk about it to them. When I've taken them to see the films, the theater is full of happy kids. Overall, I think Sonic is pretty popular with kids, at least in Glasgow.
  9. I'm not sure how helpful my response will be, but I mean, it's something. Firstly, I'm 16, so I don't know if I exactly fit the bill of a child, but from those around me (ex: school), it's a bit all over the place. Just to give you an idea, I wore a Sonic shirt back at the beginning of the school year, and two guys who seemed to be friends both gave differing comments on it. The one called it cool, while the other called it out for being baby stuff. But, considering the current below 18 audience, I guess that's to be expected. Some stick with their Fortnite and TikTok and that's it, while others are a bit more open to things. Anyways, if we're talking specifically children here, they seem to be enjoying the franchise. Going back to school once again for an example, I was conversating with one of my teachers at some point regarding video games, and when Sonic was brought up, he told me how he had brought his young children to the Sonic movies and that they enjoyed them. Going a bit beyond my scope, there's been a couple people online who I've friended through online games, discussion forums, and whatnot, who are a bit younger then me, and they seem to enjoy the franchise quite a bit as well. Specifically, there's this one guy who I friended that started asking a whole bunch of "true fan" questions, like what I thought about the voice actors over the years, what my favorite games was, and the funniest one, if I could do impressions of Ryan Drummond and Jason Griffith. This totally caught me off guard, as from just reading things online and watching videos, etc, it seems as though a lot of children got into the franchise thanks to the movie, and only knew some base level stuff. So, all in all, it seems to be a mixed bag when it comes to modern children liking Sonic, although it tends to lean more toward popular rather then nothing. Again, a lot of this popularity seems to stem from the recent movies, and perhaps Sonic Prime. By that, I'm also referring to Sega's recent goal of expanding Sonic across different mediums to connect him to more people. Therefore why he's also shown up in games like Roblox, Fall Guys, and Minecraft recently. Another recent approach to branching out to even younger audiences was the launch of a Sonic TikTok series called Sonic & Friends, aimed at little kids, as evident by the designs, short form nature, etc. And then there's oddball things like Sonic "flossing" in the first movie. But now I'm starting to ramble. So, before I go off topic; Although they're definitely opening up to children more, I'd still say they're trying to keep it open to all audiences of all ages. Just by looking at recent things kind of give that idea. Firstly, there's the now formal establishment of Classic Sonic as a subseries of some sort, releasing new games like Sonic Superstars, animations and comics, toys, etc. This obviously attracts the older audiences who grew up with Sonic in the Genesis/Mega Drive days, with the old designs, 2D platformer gameplay, and simpler stories. But on the other hand, its complete family friendly nature, light hearted antics, and simple to grasp gameplay helps attracts the younger crowd. Then there's the Sonic movies. Again, there's Sonic flossing. There's also the fact that Sonic is essentially a kid/young teen growing up in the films, whom the young audiences can relate to. But then there's all of the fan service sprinkled throughout that keeps the adults' eyes on the screen. In terms of attracting the older fan base, I think a recent statement from actor, Idris Elba, regarding how the next film is "for the die-hards," encapsulates this quite a bit. Sure, the classic games are always readily available, meaning a kid or two can point to the screen and go "Hey, that's the Death Egg Robot!" But with the next film being based on Sonic Adventure 2, this is obviously pandered a lot toward those who lived through the Dreamcast era. Yes, kids who are already hooked will still go, but only an older fan can go "Hey, that's Maria getting shot off screen there!" The modern Sonic games themselves seem to be navigating on a middle ground of some sort, if Sonic Frontiers is used to predict the possible trajectory of the main games going forward. It has a more mature storyline, but enough where younger audiences can still play without certain parents getting worried, call backs to previous games, requires a bit more skill, etc. Okay, so I'm starting to ramble on again, but I'm trying to make a few points here: Sonic seems to be relatively popular with the kids (at least they know what a Sonic is), Sega seems to be aiming for general all around audiences/fans, and it seems as though everything's successful. Of course, I can't speak for everyone. There are young fans on this website, so maybe they can give a better idea of how popular Sonic currently is.
  10. I think this is a worth asking because sometimes when we older people complain about the directions the Sonic series has taken, an occasional defense it gets is "Older fans aren't its target demographic; children are," and while that is probably mostly true, and I'll be avoiding discussion of whether that is an ethical route to take, it bares the question of how successful the series is at targeting modern children. I ask in the fandom section, for lack of a better option, because this is a multimedia franchise lately, and as such this discussion should entail not only the games, but also the cartoons, IDW series, toys, and movies.
  11. FINALLY! idk why they didn't do it for the 2nd movie, since they were also promoting it in the OG SSS. Better late than never, I guess
  12. IDK what to do for a blog other than show off Funko POP! Concepts, but that's already sort-of happened lol.
  13. Now that school has concluded for the week, I can finally list off the games I beat and 100% completed before joining Sonic Stadium, as I stated I would do earlier in the week. Here goes: Team Sonic Racing (PS4) - Game 1/52 Beat: Beat the story mode, and got all of the stars in each chapter too! Pretty solid kart racing game (which goes for the rest of Sumo Digital's Sonic Racing games), and I liked the addition of the team mechanic, though, I can't tell if the overall package is a downgrade or not from All-Stars Racing Transformed. Still good and fun nonetheless! All that's remaining is beating some of the levels on hard. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter Remastered (PS4) - Game 2/52 Beat, Game 1/52 100% Completed: Completed the Chronoscepter, defeated the final boss, discovered every secret area, and completed the trophy list. A really good first person shooter, with unique themeing (Dinosaurs), solid gameplay, and even platforming segments, something not commonly found in the genre. Can't wait to play Turok 2: Seeds of Evil! Sonic Superstars (PS4) - Game 3/52 Beat: I'm one of those in the "I liked this game camp," Gameplay was pretty accurate to the classics, not to a "T" mind you, but way closer than Sonic Generations' Classic Sonic gameplay, and lightyears beyond Sonic Forces' Classic Sonic. The new 3D graphics were lively, and the level themes were refreshing. Now, all I need to do is beat Trip's story, beat the true final boss, and destroy every golden badnik.
  14. Previously, we reported a mysterious ring portal opening up in Sonic Speed Simulator, advertising not only the arrival of a new zone: City Escape, but an upcoming collaboration with Paramount for the Knuckles series. But we didn't know exactly who, or what are the rewards for this event aside from one leak of Movie Sonic's model. But now, the curtain has been raised on this mysterious event as Testing servers opened tonight, and as we can see, the gang's all here, ready to team up with their mainline and Prime counterparts! That's right, two entire event tracks are arriving at once that not only reward you Movie Sonic, but Movie Tails and Knuckles too, along with a hearty helping of other goodies! Earn powerful exotic Chao to give you an edge in levelling up, lightning trails to give every single one of your characters the iconic Movie Sonic electric crackle, and up to 4000 Red Star Rings! That's enough for 4 characters from the Red Star Ring shop, or to max out and fuse four pets! In addition, all Movie characters have a unique gameplay mechanic. Following in the wake of the Super characters' flight, and the Riders characters' new double jump ability, the Movie cast get a new trait: Electric Boost. With Electric Boost, Movie characters can collect items from afar like rings and Chaos Orbs with the press of the boost button! Nifty for grinding! Are you joining this event? Surely it won't last forever with the Paramount licensing! The event starts this Saturday at 12pm EST! Sonic Speed Simulator is playable through Roblox on PlayStation, Xbox, PC and mobile. Knuckles streams on Paramount+ worldwide on April 26th. Original Post Content: View full story
  15. Previously, we reported a mysterious ring portal opening up in Sonic Speed Simulator, advertising not only the arrival of a new zone: City Escape, but an upcoming collaboration with Paramount for the Knuckles series. But we didn't know exactly who, or what are the rewards for this event aside from one leak of Movie Sonic's model. But now, the curtain has been raised on this mysterious event as Testing servers opened tonight, and as we can see, the gang's all here, ready to team up with their mainline and Prime counterparts! That's right, two entire event tracks are arriving at once that not only reward you Movie Sonic, but Movie Tails and Knuckles too, along with a hearty helping of other goodies! Earn powerful exotic Chao to give you an edge in levelling up, lightning trails to give every single one of your characters the iconic Movie Sonic electric crackle, and up to 4000 Red Star Rings! That's enough for 4 characters from the Red Star Ring shop, or to max out and fuse four pets! In addition, all Movie characters have a unique gameplay mechanic. Following in the wake of the Super characters' flight, and the Riders characters' new double jump ability, the Movie cast get a new trait: Electric Boost. With Electric Boost, Movie characters can collect items from afar like rings and Chaos Orbs with the press of the boost button! Nifty for grinding! Are you joining this event? Surely it won't last forever with the Paramount licensing! The event starts this Saturday at 12pm EST! Sonic Speed Simulator is playable through Roblox on PlayStation, Xbox, PC and mobile. Knuckles streams on Paramount+ worldwide on April 26th.
  16. until
    New heroes from another world have arrived to the land of Sonic Speed Simulator! For the first time, the Sonic Movie characters are coming to console and PC in celebration of the Knuckles show! Collect Movie Sonic, Tails and Knuckles and have them join forces with their mainline and Shatterverse friends by exploring and completing objectives in the all new zone: City Escape!
  17. The DOMinator

The Best Sonic Game Poll

Not to be a bother, but remember to write the reason why you chose what you did, as I'd like to hear them! Maybe even chat a bit regarding them, give my own input, and open some discussion amongst everybody regarding the games at hand.
  18. Rabbitearsblog

What were the most controversial moments for you in the Sonic Comics?

Yeah, Charmy always had it bad in the comics.
  19. I can sort of get behind an incredibly hard test (although, a hard test is still a hard test, and a hard test always sucks), but for someone to cheat, and in response, make everyone take another, and even harder at that? !!!You have my sympathy.
  20. Yeah, that's just how the artist, Greg Martin, drew him. He (Tails) can be found in several pieces, including cover art, sometimes even doing the same pose, such as these (the 2nd one is an unfinished piece finished by a fan, but still): In an effort to keep this relevant to the topic though, I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything to do with Pre-Super Genesis Wave Charmy. He has a whole laundry list of controversial moments all to himself, such as: Having a "best friend" revealed and killed off by drugs, all in the same issue: Losing his entire colony: Being succumbed to the Egg Grapes, having the life literally sucked out of him: Being freed, but at the cost of being permanently brain damaged (he goes from responsible young adult to young child, all done in an effort to realign him with his game counterpart): Ya know, on a similar note, there was Charmy in the Fleetway comics, whom was written to be annoying, and was promptly disregarded by those around him, all the while unaware everybody hated him, including his friends. Such examples include: And come to mind, Charmy was one off those affected by the Metal Virus in the IDW comics. Not that's it's necessarily controversial, nor is he being singled out here, but it's still tragic: Man, is it just me, or does Charmy always seem to get the short end of the stick in the comics?
  21. Cuz

What game are you currently playing?

Still Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. I'm being torn apart by a lone wolf with an explosive personality. I might need to relearn the combat system. :B (Edit: Ah I hate being at the top of the page.)
  22. Oh, That is NOT Frogger... OH! Totally didn't know that lol, Glad I know now, I had my assumptions idk why Sega do that tho. Ohhh, nah I couldn't have your class mann I'd be SOOOO Mad! XD
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.