Awoo.
  • Join the Sonic Community Today!

Welcome to the world's biggest and best Sonic the Hedgehog online community! Register an account with us to get your very own Sonic social media account, and take part in the global blue blur conversation!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Ok, I found this topic and quickly drew this
  3. A super No.1 washedupgamer

Quick Time Event - Draw Whatever Sonic Character Comes to Mind RIGHT NOW

That was supposed to be his leg.
  4. Honestly not bad, considering the challenge. I can still tell it's Knuckles, although he's suffering a bad case of banana tail!
  5. MetalSkulkBane

A rivalry happens, hedgehog wise in this TailsTube episode

I think there are several ways they could have gone without pissing off the older fans. Like, why not make him Batman? That's like the best known stereotype in the world.
  6. A super No.1 washedupgamer

Quick Time Event - Draw Whatever Sonic Character Comes to Mind RIGHT NOW

Uhh...uh... too much pressure!
  7. juanpablomorales

Knuckles show is now streaming on Paramount Plus!

Woo Hoo Yeah. LET'S GO!!!
  8. As per the title, draw whatever Sonic character comes to your mind immediately (or as soon as possible; do it later if you're in the middle of something important) without preparation, reference images, finesse, etc. Even if you don't have any sort of artistic talent, you should still try! I don't have much else to say regarding the subject, nor do I currently have the time to draw something myself, as I'm currently burning off a couple free minutes of class time. I just wanted to get the idea out before I forgot about it. With all of that said, get ready, get set, GO! Edit: Any heckling I do is NOT meant to be taken seriously. Just in case anyone thinks I'm purposefully trying to make fun of their drawings/skills. This is all in good fun!
  9. FReaK

Same thing for germany. So much for my plans today. D=
  10. Oooh, interesting! I’ll look into it!
  11. Dreadknux

Unfortunately, UK fans have been screwed over: Why have I got to wait until tomorrow to watch the show?
  12. I googled it, and it's a Japanese celebration called Golden Week!
  13. Today
  14. Pretty much. It's all part of a concerted effort to homogenize the cast down to being static and therefore, marketable. That way new kids don't have to play games from over 20 years ago to know these characters. It's good for the long term health of the series, but I know it drives older fans up the wall who used to be invested in these stories and the progress they made.
  15. Starting tomorrow? What’s starting tomorrow?
  16. The DOMinator

How long can the Paramount-verse last?

Probably one of the biggest problems working against the films. They've done their best with the CGI X live action idea, and it does admittedly look cool seeing things depicted in a somewhat realistic away. But eventually, they're going to reach a point where, if they want to keep adapting things, thy're going to have to break away more from the live action, in which case, it defeats the purpose of it being the basis to begin with, regardless of whether it's liked or not. With a franchise mostly submerged in spectacles and fantasy elements, you would think an animated adaption would've been the way to go for a movie. But then again, Sonic, being a franchise that, since 1998/1999 has included more realistic elements (including the use of humans other than Eggman/Robotnik), is probably one of the few such franchises that could be adapted into a live action style (regarding similar franchises like Mario, whom could only really work in an animated form).
  17. Maple Syrup

Tails!!!! NOOOOO!!!! By the way, I can't wait to see it!
  18. Cyb3rkn1ght

The disrespect to Tails man
  19. MetalSkulkBane

Kinda hope it ends this year, so we're one step closer to animated reboot in 10 years. But yeah, I give it 6 movies tops, plus Shadow spin-off in one form or the other.
  20. Stories in this franchise can be a bit hit or miss. Sometimes this can be the result of incompetent writing. Other times it's the result of meddling executives. It can even be a combination of the two, or neither. Either way, over the course of Sonic's 30+ year history, it has told many a story, and like the franchise's history itself, have had their ups and downs, sometimes being the best thing in a game, film, T.V. series, or comic, and sometimes being the worst. And above all else, the idea of what's the best and worst will vary from person to person, based on they're interests, what they're looking for in a story, etc. So people of Sonic Stadium, what do you consider the best and worst stories that Sonic has put out? Include your reasoning, and maybe, if you feel like it, even a bit of history/context that led to the perfecter or catastrophe of a story. As per the usual, being in school, I don't have much time to write my own opinion regarding the topic, but maybe I'll come back later to add my thoughts. I will say this though: the Metal Virus arc in the IDW comics was certainly interesting. Never would I have ever thought Sonic would cover the idea of a zombie apocalypse, let alone to this extent and quality.
  21. The DOMinator

And then comes the inevitable reboot. Get ready for Sonic the Hedgehog, coming out in 2030! Who's looking forward to Green Hill Zone? Regarding my opinion though, I think really either the third film or anytime after is when the 'verse will fizzle out, since they'll almost definitely make another. Even disregarding it being Sonic, lots of film franchises start to decline in both quality and consumer/fan interest by or post the third film. Even film series that are still successful by that point (not counting reboots) are usually subject to more critical views by the critics and viewers alike, a good example being the Star Wars films. Focusing mainly on the prequel trilogy here, despite the three being successful, they were still looked at a bit harsher back when they released, and even in present times. This comes from both the inherent flaws of the films, the inevitable comparisons being made with what came before, etc. There's also the case that it can suffer from overexposure (seen recently with Star Wars and Marvel), that is if they pump out multiple spin offs at once and not just, like, one during the times between the films' releases. Well, they have already copyrighted adaptions of some of those games, but again, that is if they make it that far.
  22. Yep, that much is true! I can’t wait to see it, though I will have to do so later. I like how Knux takes the couch from Sonic and Tails in this little video. Is anyone else going to see the show?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.