Awoo.
  • Join the Sonic Community Today!

Welcome to the world's biggest and best Sonic the Hedgehog online community! Register an account with us to get your very own Sonic social media account, and take part in the global blue blur conversation!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Oh my god. Ohhh my god. Oh my god my heart
  3. Thats Bigs lures on the left.
  4. Me? I think *Yonik* It’s a cool background
  5. AHDDJDK OHMYGODOMYGOD SHE'S HERE FINALLY AND SHE'S SO COOL
  6. Looks pretty good. I like how the townspeople are around her. I also wonder if she is reading any of those books in front of her? What do you all think?
  7. In many ways, the Archie Sonic series "Endangered Species" was the end of an era, or at least the beginning of the end. I won't go into all the details of the Ken Penders drama or try to determine which side was 'right' (or at the very least, less wrong than the other), but suffice to say that due to Penders suing for the rights to 'his' characters, the arc was completely gutted of its original plan and most of its cast, leading up to the imminent reboot of the series to cut out any characters from previous writers that could prove problematic in the future. Archie Sonic Online's Endangered Species rewrite, consisting of the last three issues of the four-issue series (the first issue remains canon), is likewise the end of an era, but also a new beginning. It wraps up basically every dangling plot thread from Ian Flynn's run of the echidnaverse (aside from the fate of the Brotherhood, but they have to leave some plot hooks if they want to keep making issues) and potentially opens the gates to a new age of echidna-dom that Ken Penders never would have given us. While it has its flaws and I will not be shy about pointing them out, writing-wise, it is still quite possibly the best conclusion we could've reasonably gotten to the long-running, contentious echidnaverse blood feud drama, even if we never got it officially. And on that note, it's only fair to warn y'all: Archie Sonic Online spoilers ahead! I will be going into very specific detail in this review, page by page, so if you haven't read the issues, I recommend you read the issues before reading the review. I know, I know -- if you're reading the review in hopes of knowing whether you should read the comic or not, it's kind of not super great to have the review spoil the entire storyline... but honestly, I think you should read the comic first. It's a great comic, it's absolutely free, and it's what we should've had in a better timeline. This series will be split into three articles, one for each issue. Also, here's a preview of the article that was GOING to be this week's article before Knuckles Week happened, but has been shifted to next week (God willing): Yes, I went there. Yes, I have an explanation. Yes, that explanation works narratively if I do say so myself, and yes, I can absolutely explain. Feel free to speculate.
  8. I was going to say how Paramount has been offering free 30 day trial codes for the past few months that can keep being used, but that's understandable. My pet peeve with free trials is how they always seem to ask for your credit card information, regardless of whether or not you'll be using the service afterwards. And even then, they always seem to have a nasty habit of coming back to bite you in the butt if left unattended.
  9. Rabid-Coot

How long can the Paramount-verse last?

It'll go until it stops being profitable enough to keep doing.
  10. castell-neath

How long can the Paramount-verse last?

Films, Maybe 5......maybe. Amy being kidnapped by Metal and the location of Little planet with time stones could drive a 4th film. A 5th film could tie it all together with SOMETHING like 06, Frontiers...or (gasp!) FORCES (!!!) In fact that would work well....bad future etc with time stones is eggman conquered earth like in forces. Cliffhanger at the end of movie 4 leading in to a concludi g 5th Series. Maybe 2 more spin offs. One being Shadow based, over 2 / 3 series and inc Black Doom after sonic X shadow has brought him back. The Second could be an "adventures" anthology where games like Unleashed, Lost World, even Colours could be adapted over 2/3 episodes with 12 eps per series. By which point it will be 2030 and momentum would have all but gone and the "franchise" will need a break
  11. I don't have Paramount+ on my TV. And i'm not the kinda person to go crazy over free trials...
  12. Just curious what others think, since there's all this talk of the movies becoming "Avengers-level events" and whatnot. It sounds like Paramount wants this universe to last a long time. But with 3 being based around SA2; arguably the most popular/beloved game by modern fans, it feels like a be-all end-all premise. Sure they could adapt SA1 (even though it'd feel strange to do it AFTER SA2) But beyond that; and with the series being mostly grounded to earth, what else could they really do without making them entirely CGI films set in Sonic's world? I'd honestly be surprised to see them go past 6 films; if that.
  13. By that, do you mean you don't have a device that's compatible with the app, or do you mean that you've used the free trial already? If it's the latter, I may be able to help circumvent your issue.
  14. Today
  15. Today's the day! Knuckles the Echidna will get his very own TV show starting today on streaming service Paramount+, and we're all very excited about it here at the Sonic Stadium (as you can probably tell with our themed Knuckles Week). We figured that, to coincide with the launch of the show, we'd run through the entire journey of Movie Knuckles' six-episode adventure, from announcement to release - why don't you come along and reminisce with us? The Announcement While it doesn't feel like that long ago, the Knuckles TV show was in fact announced well over two years ago! In an apparent nod to the whole "Sonic 3 & Knuckles" lock-on cartridge, Paramount had revealed in February 2022 that not only was a third Sonic the Hedgehog movie was being made, but a spinoff TV series focusing on cinematic universe newcomer, Knuckles! As you can see from the comments/topic linked above, the 'Sonic 3 and Knuckles' one-two punch did not go unnoticed, and following the launch of Sonic 2 hype levels were through the roof. The comments continued for months as it was used as a hub for fun speculation and discussion of new tidbits of information - it's worth browsing through for a full sweep of updates on the Knuckles show! Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and its Explosive Success Of course, there wouldn't have been a Knuckles spinoff in the works if Paramount hadn't (correctly) guessed that there would be a lot of love and hype for the rad red echidna. And what was there to dislike? The feisty rival was adapted incredibly well for his debut in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, which launched in theatres April 2022 (some months after the Sonic 3 & Knuckles reveal, which was bold...), and his characterisation was performed by none other than TV and movie superstar Idris Elba! / $401m! surpassing original film and becoming biggest game movie in US The momentum of the incredibly-successful first Sonic movie, coupled with the introduction of Knuckles, his explosive battles with Sonic, the many game references and the engrossing storyline surrounding the Master Emerald (and GUN's sneaky entrance to the movie universe), led to a super-charged performance for Sonic 2. The sequel blasted past almost every significant milestone to become the 4th highest-grossing video game movie at final count, with over $400 million at the box office globally. It also won several awards and accolades, including at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards (and as they say, there are no better critics out there than kids!). The phenomenal success of the Sonic movies is important in the context of the Knuckles series, because not only did the non-chuckling echidna play a significant role in Sonic 2's performance, he became the first(?) subject of a spinoff series on the back of it. And it seems that Paramount was always planning to complement the Sonic movies with spinoffs of some kind, given the below news story that outlines the studio's concept for a hedgehog-themed "Cinematic Universe". Plans like these are always made years in advance, so we can see the genesis of the Knuckles TV show somewhere within the quotes of this story. And without Knuckles' (and Elba's) star power, we wouldn't have had a TV series announced for the echidna in the first place. Knuckles Shines in Other Sonic Media While the world waited for more Knuckles, SEGA and its media partners elsewhere were willing to pick up the slack. Perhaps most interestingly of these was a promotional animation produced to coincide with the launch of Sonic Frontiers in late 2022, which focused entirely on Knuckles' solo adventure leading up to the game's plot. It's interesting because a prologue of this quality wasn't entirely necessary, particularly for a game where you only play as Sonic (at least, at launch), but once you realise it was produced by Tyson Hesse (who now has a direct hand in the development of the Sonic movie character design) and his partner studios, and the thirst for more Knuckles content post-Sonic 2, it all starts to make sense. Knuckles was also arguably one of the standout characters in multi-dimensional animated romp, Sonic Prime, where he assumed the role of freedom fighter in one universe and lazy-but-good-natured pirate in another. Still think 'Knuckles the Dread' feels a little too close to my own username, though. I'm gonna have to ask SEGA and Wildbrain for a commission. Knuckles TV Show Production Begins News of the Knuckles spinoff show wouldn't surface until April 2023, a full year (plus change) after the TV series' original announcement. That Spring, filming had officially begun, with Sonic movie director Jeff Fowler personally involved in the show's production. Everybody saw the hat against the clapboard for the first time. And everybody screamed. Filming lasted a couple of months, with the end of shooting confirmed by Scott 'Kid Cudi' Mescudi (who managed to bag a role on the show - good for him!) in June 2023. Around that time, new information about the project began popping up - not least the confirmation from Mescudi himself that the show would come to the Paramount+ streaming service that fall (which inevitably didn't happen, as we're now talking about the show's launch in 2024 obviously). Alongside a new logo from Paramount's press site, media outlets started reporting on the names of various co-stars that were attached to the series. Alongside the already-known cast at this point of Idris Elba (as Knuckles), Adam Pally (Wade Whipple), Mescudi, Edi Patterson, Julian Barratt and Ellie Taylor (with guest appearances of Tika Sumpter and Rory McCann), a number of other cast members were confirmed in June including legendary sci-fi actor Christopher Lloyd. Storyboards and Storylines The rest of 2023 would be a bit quiet for TV show news besides the odd tidbit here and there, and the 'Fall 2023' release slate came and went without much of a fanfare. Indeed, the ongoing SAG-AFTRA actors and writers strike had gripped Hollywood for most of the Summer, and so multiple projects (not just Knuckles) ended up getting delayed. As a result, it wasn't until December that some technical and story-related information on 'Knuckles' would come to light, largely thanks to some good old-fashioned Hollywood industry leaks! First, it was revealed that the show would be a six-episode adventure, then details from a number of episode storyboards had leaked (be careful reading this one for potential spoilers - not just for Knuckles but for the Sonic 3 movie too!), and episode titles were shared online that offered some clues as to what might happen throughout the show. All in January 2024, too! Super Knuckles Sunday Paramount went big on the Superbowl in February 2024, and used the American sporting event to promote 'Knuckles' in a number of different ways. Firstly, there was this teaser video promoting the Paramount+ streaming service in general, which featured a CG Knuckles getting involved with other Paramount-owned characters in solving the problem of getting over a mountain. Patrick Stewart ends up man-handling Arnold, from Hey Arnold. It doesn't go well (for them - for us, it was hilarious). Then, news came that actual footage from the show would be revealed for the first time during the Superbowl. But then in an exciting twist, Paramount released the ads for Knuckles that they were going to run during the event a few days early online - so thankfully we didn't have to stay up all night to watch some guys kick an egg-ball around a field for god knows how long. A week or so later, a fresh trailer dropped with a couple more seconds of footage, just for the die-hards out there (like us). march/april Promotional activity ramped up last month, as the Knuckles TV series' new launch date of 26 April drew ever nearer. Idris Elba even got involved, rating the performances of his co-stars as they try their 'best' to pull off a Movie Knuckles voice impression. Some of it is hilariously painful, and worth a watch. New press images and posters have constantly been pumping out over the last couple weeks, but if you asked any terminally-online Sonic fan what one of the most impactful marketing stints has been for the show, they would tell you that it was Knuckles' cameo in the WWE pay-per-view event NXT Stand and Deliver! Not only does the mad echidna face off against a WWE Superstar or two, start invading the Ring and getting into the crowds, but his appearance also gave us this most beautiful image that shall forever be enshrined into our hearts: the launch This past week, Knuckles has been on something of an international tour, attending premieres in both London and the US ahead of the series' Paramount+ launch on April 26. You can check out the photos of Idris Elba, Adam Pally and more on the UK red carpet in our roundup article below, and you can see clips of the show that have since been released to hype the show right here. As well as new poster and screens here. And Now We're Here! And that's the timeline of events that have led us to this point - the launch of the Knuckles TV series on Paramount+! It's been a long two-year road, but Knuckles fans will finally get their chance to see their favourite echidna in action in a whole new adventure. Who's excited? Are you planning any watch parties? Or just curling up on the sofa/in the bed with a bunch of snacks, ready to binge the entire show? Let us know in the comments section below! View full story
  16. Today's the day! Knuckles the Echidna will get his very own TV show starting today on streaming service Paramount+, and we're all very excited about it here at the Sonic Stadium (as you can probably tell with our themed Knuckles Week). We figured that, to coincide with the launch of the show, we'd run through the entire journey of Movie Knuckles' six-episode adventure, from announcement to release - why don't you come along and reminisce with us? The Announcement While it doesn't feel like that long ago, the Knuckles TV show was in fact announced well over two years ago! In an apparent nod to the whole "Sonic 3 & Knuckles" lock-on cartridge, Paramount had revealed in February 2022 that not only was a third Sonic the Hedgehog movie was being made, but a spinoff TV series focusing on cinematic universe newcomer, Knuckles! As you can see from the comments/topic linked above, the 'Sonic 3 and Knuckles' one-two punch did not go unnoticed, and following the launch of Sonic 2 hype levels were through the roof. The comments continued for months as it was used as a hub for fun speculation and discussion of new tidbits of information - it's worth browsing through for a full sweep of updates on the Knuckles show! Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and its Explosive Success Of course, there wouldn't have been a Knuckles spinoff in the works if Paramount hadn't (correctly) guessed that there would be a lot of love and hype for the rad red echidna. And what was there to dislike? The feisty rival was adapted incredibly well for his debut in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, which launched in theatres April 2022 (some months after the Sonic 3 & Knuckles reveal, which was bold...), and his characterisation was performed by none other than TV and movie superstar Idris Elba! / $401m! surpassing original film and becoming biggest game movie in US The momentum of the incredibly-successful first Sonic movie, coupled with the introduction of Knuckles, his explosive battles with Sonic, the many game references and the engrossing storyline surrounding the Master Emerald (and GUN's sneaky entrance to the movie universe), led to a super-charged performance for Sonic 2. The sequel blasted past almost every significant milestone to become the 4th highest-grossing video game movie at final count, with over $400 million at the box office globally. It also won several awards and accolades, including at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards (and as they say, there are no better critics out there than kids!). The phenomenal success of the Sonic movies is important in the context of the Knuckles series, because not only did the non-chuckling echidna play a significant role in Sonic 2's performance, he became the first(?) subject of a spinoff series on the back of it. And it seems that Paramount was always planning to complement the Sonic movies with spinoffs of some kind, given the below news story that outlines the studio's concept for a hedgehog-themed "Cinematic Universe". Plans like these are always made years in advance, so we can see the genesis of the Knuckles TV show somewhere within the quotes of this story. And without Knuckles' (and Elba's) star power, we wouldn't have had a TV series announced for the echidna in the first place. Knuckles Shines in Other Sonic Media While the world waited for more Knuckles, SEGA and its media partners elsewhere were willing to pick up the slack. Perhaps most interestingly of these was a promotional animation produced to coincide with the launch of Sonic Frontiers in late 2022, which focused entirely on Knuckles' solo adventure leading up to the game's plot. It's interesting because a prologue of this quality wasn't entirely necessary, particularly for a game where you only play as Sonic (at least, at launch), but once you realise it was produced by Tyson Hesse (who now has a direct hand in the development of the Sonic movie character design) and his partner studios, and the thirst for more Knuckles content post-Sonic 2, it all starts to make sense. Knuckles was also arguably one of the standout characters in multi-dimensional animated romp, Sonic Prime, where he assumed the role of freedom fighter in one universe and lazy-but-good-natured pirate in another. Still think 'Knuckles the Dread' feels a little too close to my own username, though. I'm gonna have to ask SEGA and Wildbrain for a commission. Knuckles TV Show Production Begins News of the Knuckles spinoff show wouldn't surface until April 2023, a full year (plus change) after the TV series' original announcement. That Spring, filming had officially begun, with Sonic movie director Jeff Fowler personally involved in the show's production. Everybody saw the hat against the clapboard for the first time. And everybody screamed. Filming lasted a couple of months, with the end of shooting confirmed by Scott 'Kid Cudi' Mescudi (who managed to bag a role on the show - good for him!) in June 2023. Around that time, new information about the project began popping up - not least the confirmation from Mescudi himself that the show would come to the Paramount+ streaming service that fall (which inevitably didn't happen, as we're now talking about the show's launch in 2024 obviously). Alongside a new logo from Paramount's press site, media outlets started reporting on the names of various co-stars that were attached to the series. Alongside the already-known cast at this point of Idris Elba (as Knuckles), Adam Pally (Wade Whipple), Mescudi, Edi Patterson, Julian Barratt and Ellie Taylor (with guest appearances of Tika Sumpter and Rory McCann), a number of other cast members were confirmed in June including legendary sci-fi actor Christopher Lloyd. Storyboards and Storylines The rest of 2023 would be a bit quiet for TV show news besides the odd tidbit here and there, and the 'Fall 2023' release slate came and went without much of a fanfare. Indeed, the ongoing SAG-AFTRA actors and writers strike had gripped Hollywood for most of the Summer, and so multiple projects (not just Knuckles) ended up getting delayed. As a result, it wasn't until December that some technical and story-related information on 'Knuckles' would come to light, largely thanks to some good old-fashioned Hollywood industry leaks! First, it was revealed that the show would be a six-episode adventure, then details from a number of episode storyboards had leaked (be careful reading this one for potential spoilers - not just for Knuckles but for the Sonic 3 movie too!), and episode titles were shared online that offered some clues as to what might happen throughout the show. All in January 2024, too! Super Knuckles Sunday Paramount went big on the Superbowl in February 2024, and used the American sporting event to promote 'Knuckles' in a number of different ways. Firstly, there was this teaser video promoting the Paramount+ streaming service in general, which featured a CG Knuckles getting involved with other Paramount-owned characters in solving the problem of getting over a mountain. Patrick Stewart ends up man-handling Arnold, from Hey Arnold. It doesn't go well (for them - for us, it was hilarious). Then, news came that actual footage from the show would be revealed for the first time during the Superbowl. But then in an exciting twist, Paramount released the ads for Knuckles that they were going to run during the event a few days early online - so thankfully we didn't have to stay up all night to watch some guys kick an egg-ball around a field for god knows how long. A week or so later, a fresh trailer dropped with a couple more seconds of footage, just for the die-hards out there (like us). march/april Promotional activity ramped up last month, as the Knuckles TV series' new launch date of 26 April drew ever nearer. Idris Elba even got involved, rating the performances of his co-stars as they try their 'best' to pull off a Movie Knuckles voice impression. Some of it is hilariously painful, and worth a watch. New press images and posters have constantly been pumping out over the last couple weeks, but if you asked any terminally-online Sonic fan what one of the most impactful marketing stints has been for the show, they would tell you that it was Knuckles' cameo in the WWE pay-per-view event NXT Stand and Deliver! Not only does the mad echidna face off against a WWE Superstar or two, start invading the Ring and getting into the crowds, but his appearance also gave us this most beautiful image that shall forever be enshrined into our hearts: the launch This past week, Knuckles has been on something of an international tour, attending premieres in both London and the US ahead of the series' Paramount+ launch on April 26. You can check out the photos of Idris Elba, Adam Pally and more on the UK red carpet in our roundup article below, and you can see clips of the show that have since been released to hype the show right here. As well as new poster and screens here. And Now We're Here! And that's the timeline of events that have led us to this point - the launch of the Knuckles TV series on Paramount+! It's been a long two-year road, but Knuckles fans will finally get their chance to see their favourite echidna in action in a whole new adventure. Who's excited? Are you planning any watch parties? Or just curling up on the sofa/in the bed with a bunch of snacks, ready to binge the entire show? Let us know in the comments section below!
  17. Yeah, they do, you just got to go out of your way to find them. Look for these: Those are special springs, hidden throughout the levels. If you find one and jump on it, it'll transport you to a special stage. Note: in order to reach the true final boss, and therefore get 100% completion (if you're trying to that is), you'll need to beat the game with each character, with only one of those playthroughs needing you to collect all emeralds. Hope this helps!
  18. A super No.1 washedupgamer

New Knuckles clip is out, and it involves a FBI person

Dude looks like he came straight out of streets of rage.
  19. Maple Syrup

What are your favorite Sonic the Hedgehog commercials?

I LOVE all of them! They're super cool and fun! That one was great. Sonic seemed like he wanted some car insurance after all that racing!
  20. This entry is really taking shape! So many thanks to all who have contributed so far! I've tidied it up a bit from a formatting perspective; I will change this when we next update the coding for the wiki/site, but at the moment it's better to use Heading 2 for section titles in the Wiki (I've changed it for now). Maple, do you want to contribute to this page, or remove yourself? I'm confused.
  21. Changed Bounty Hunters to Cuz, Ryannumber1gamer
  22. This just makes me worried about the new Shadow campaign in generations. Since 2010 this series to me, seems to have had a reboot and it made the characters completely different.
  23. MetalSkulkBane

A rivalry happens, hedgehog wise in this TailsTube episode

It's kinda funny how they went opposite directions though. Amy had only 1 mode: lovesick about Sonic. She was chased by angry robot and loose focus, because "Cute couples go free". Or Riders games were everyone is thinking about Arks and genies and stuff and she just wants Sonic's attention. Whenever you miss that Amy or not, it's hard to argue she was... immature, to say it lightly. Now she's much more flexible. Meanwhile Shadow was basically first Sonic character with layers. First person to ask stuff like "who am I? What is my purpose? Should I forgive those who hurt me?". You know, "brooding" technically means "showing DEEP thought". A 101 of deep thoughts, but still. But as stories simplified and Shadow stopped hogging all the screen time, he needed to simplified. A lot. So from "grim figure with so much conflict, baggage and emotional turmoil going behind the mask, because he's ultimate life form dang it, he must appear stoic and perfect" he just went to "grim". Much easier to process. And even that isn't fair. Early Amy was immature, but that was her arc. All her best moments are realizing other need her help and putting her selfish desires to a side.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.