Awoo.
  • Join the Sonic Community Today!

Welcome to the world's biggest and best Sonic the Hedgehog online community! Register an account with us to get your very own Sonic social media account, and take part in the global blue blur conversation!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'd like to pitch in here, if that's okay! Do I just enter my name as a Bounty Hunter down below and then start adding/editing?
  3. This one seems to mainly exist to show Sonic and Shadow's philosophical differences can still have room for mutual respect, even if it feels like pulling teeth to get that out of Shadow's current characterization. I dunno, it felt like it more highlights the problem with their current direction for the character while trying to give fans what they actually want. It's weird. Pretty much nothing lore wise this time, just reminders of Adventure era stuff mostly. Prime is there, so hopefully that can be another example of how the series is canon to the games, regardless of how much sense that actually makes. Overall, pretty boring episode for me that really doesn't leave me satisfied given the quarterly release schedule, especially given the Christmas one also felt like that. I feel like they're not living up to their potential at the moment. Hopefully the next one has more actual meat to offer.
  4. Sonic and Shadow were acting like brothers! I think that was really nice! I kinda wish they brought in Knuckles though...
  5. Between a hedgehog and a hard place
  6. Cyb3rkn1ght

Sonic Channel Artwork: Knuckles' Training

If Knuckles ever appers in smash, this should be his idle/taunt
  7. This should be interesting. Looks like Sonic and Shadow are going at each other here. What could go wrong? What are your thoughts on this, everyone? EDIT: YouTube version.
  8. A fan-made sequel to the awesome (and also fan-made) Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart has officially launched today, under the name 'Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers'. You can download the game right now for Windows and Mac devices on the official Kart Krew developer website. Pitched as an official sequel to SRB2 Kart - which itself was a go-karting modification of the classic fan-game Sonic Robo Blast 2 - Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers has been in development for over five years and includes a HUGE range of new features that greatly expands the experience over its predecessor. Such features include (from the website): A ludicrously long list of courses and playable characters A complete Grand Prix mode with CPU opponents and multiple difficulty levels New and revamped items Unique game systems and mechanics Local split-screen multiplayer up to 4 players, and online play up to 16 A comprehensive Time Attack mode with replay support A wealth of secrets to find You can watch an announcement trailer above to get a sense of the vibe - we really dig the retro 90s aesthetic! In a statement on its website, the Kart Krew development team wrote: I personally can't wait to play it (once I get Knuckles Week out of the way!). Let us know if you've downloaded it and played it yet, and what you think of the herculean effort of the development team, in the comments section below.
  9. Maple Syrup

Sonic Channel Artwork: Knuckles' Training

Wow, and I can barely do a push-up.
  10. Spagonia Bowl

First Knuckles Series Reviews drop

I've only just now realized this! Ah! I completely forgot about this! Guess that confirms my suspicions. Yeah, I agree that all the stakes are in the third film. I'm certain that the team have put all their effort into it, probably more so than the Knuckles series, but all we have to do is wait. I guess what I was trying to convey were my concerns for the future of the movie series and how it may impact the franchise. Sonic is currently going through some sort of a 'renaissance' of sorts and I'd say the movies played a big part in that, so much so that it's impacted the games in a way. I think it was Morio Kishimoto, or someone at Sonic Team, who said in an interview that the movies were an 'inspiration', or something along the lines. I'm not saying we owe Sonic Frontiers' success all to the movies, but they definitely played a part in bringing back people's confidence in the franchise, not just with fans, but with the general public too. It's no secret that during both the 'Dark' and 'Meta' eras, the franchise was seen by the general public. I remember how much Sonic fans were mocked online during this time and it didn't help that some of the games coming out were not so good, cough Lost World cough Boom cough Forces cough, as well as the behavior of some 'fans' online. With the success of both the films and Frontiers, general audience's view of the franchise and grown more positive and I believe they played a part in the success of these properties and not just the fanbase's enthusiasm, although that definitely helped! The first two movies were surprisingly successful at the box office, with the second one being the highest grossing video game film for a while and Frontiers is the highest selling game in the franchise! If Knuckles' does have a lack of screen time in his own show, it's not just fans who will be disappointed, but also non-fans/average joes as well. Like the fans, they'll be wanting to watch the show for Knuckles and not so much for Wade and the rest of the human cast. If reviewers and fans take notice of the lack of Knuckles, the general audience watching certainly will! When Movie 3 comes out and it has a similar issue, then that could hurt the general audience's enthusiasm for it and it could even hurt the film's box office. Whilst fans will support any new Sonic media when it comes out, the same can't be said for the general audience and ultimately, it's them who decides how successful a movie is and said movie's success, or failure at the box office will determine what the studio will do with the IP next. If I were to make a comparison/analogy, I'd have to go with one of my other favorite franchises, Doctor Who. From 2005-13, the franchise was doing very well with the general public. This was during the 'Russell T. Davies' and the first half of the Steven Moffat' eras (aka when Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith were playing the Doctor) and the show was very popular in the UK and was even growing a following overseas, especially in the US. But then during the latter half of the 'Moffat' era (when Peter Capaldi became the Doctor), the series was starting to fall out of the public zeitgeist and ratings were dwindling. This was because the it had gone "bad", but more so the general public wasn't vibing with the show as much. Hell, you could argue this was happening before Capaldi took over, specifically after David Tennant left. But when the 'Chris Chibnall' era came (when Jodie Whittaker took over as the Doctor), things really did change for the worse. Whilst it started off rather successful, ratings wise, as the era went on, viewing figures dropped and both fan and audience reception was, at best "divisive", at worst "probably the lowest point for the show". Whilst dedicated Doctor Who fans will still support the series and continue watching, even if the current era was pretty bad, the same can't be said for the general audience. The 'Chibnall' era just didn't take off with them and ratings had gotten so bad that the BBC weren't even sure if the show would be cancelled or not. In the end, Russell T. Davies came back to helm the show, with three specials releasing to celebrate the show's 60th anniversary and another for Christmas, with all four doing pretty well in the UK TV ratings and helping bring the franchise back into the public zeitgeist. Ultimately what I'm trying to say is that, despite the support from fans of an IP, it's really all down to how the general audience react to a new film or TV show. If they like it, then it'll probably be a success and give the studio confidence in making follow ups. If they don't like it and don't give it a watch, then that could put any future projects in the realm of uncertainty and there probably would be a lack of confidence from the studio going forward. Like I said, the fans will support the franchise when something new comes out, but the same can't be said for the general audience and it ultimately boils down to how successful it is with them. My biggest concern is more so if Movie 3 also has a lack of focus on the Sonic characters, such as Shadow, or if there is a large focus on the human cast, like the Knuckles series seems to have, then the general audience will be less interested in going to see it and it could cause the film to either underperform, or not generate enough hype and potentially result in them losing interest in the brand and if they're no longer enthusiastic to see any future movies/spin-offs, even if they do end up being decent, it could in how confident SEGA/Sonic Team will be with future games. As I've said quite a few times, the movie series helped bring the Sonic franchise back into the cultural zeitgeist, but I'm worried it could also contribute to it falling out of it again. Yeah, I hope the series does turn out to be good. From what I've read in some of the reviews, most of them haven't actually called it "bad", just that it has issues, with Knuckles' screen time being one of them. As I said in my previous post, I'm not trying to be negative, nor am I trying to say that the franchise will be "doomed" if this fails. I'm just a fan who wants the best for the Sonic franchise and want to see the games, movies and shows succeed. I just wanted to get all this off my chest and out out my concerns. I REALLY do want the movie series to continue being successful and I hope the Knuckles show does well enough for Paramount to have more confidence in producing more spin-offs. At the same time, I also hope they listen to any criticisms that fans, reviewers and the general audience have and make sure to take it all on and improve in the future. If I'm gonna be honest, seeing all the excitement and enthusiasm fans had for this show slowly go away once the reviews dropped is quite disheartening. It was great when a lot of fans were anticipating it and speculating what it would be about and seeing quite a umber of fans losing interest and becoming disappointed regarding Knuckles' screen time did make me feel a bit down, especially after how well received the first two movies were. That's probably just me being sentimental and like I said before, I DO hope the show ends up being at least decent. I really hope that we don't see this happen! I'm not saying that it will and I don't think anyone on here, or anywhere else will go out and just be abusive to all those who worked on the show. I also wanted to put it out there because I don't want what happened to Pontac and Graff happen to the creators of the Knuckles series, or Adam Pally!
  11. Today
  12. Awesome, thank you! I've added you to the Bounty so we can track it!
  13. Changed Bounty Hunters to Knight Terror
  14. ah, so people DO play SRB2 here. Cant wait to play! (With some of yall too!)
  15. Hey all! Not sure what tags/section exactly this would fall under. Let me know if I should move this! Ring Racers launched recently, and while there's been some surface level buzz about it I haven't seen anybody diving into secrets and unlockables yet. I've gotten hooked up on the ancient shrines, which you can find in tricky locations on the maps if you know where to look - one of these is in the Rings Tutorial. Has anybody figured out what exactly these shrines require you to do? Despite finding them, no button - on my controller or keyboard - seems like it's going to do anything. This "play a melody" might be something you unlock later... - I've only beaten the first three cups so far and became intrigued by them while spraycan hunting. Thanks all! *Update - Got a half-answer from a friend... ...Guess I've got more unlocking to do before I touch these! If anybody's cracked it themselves yet, let me know!
  16. The DOMinator

What Are Your Relationship Headcannons?

Not enough people seem to know this. Who came up with idea of an egg (man) anyways?
  17. WHAT?!?! SONIC AND TRANSFORMERS COLLAB?! That is interesting to know.
  18. SpeedyChilidogs

Ohh noo. NO...GOSH NOO this is gonna be the death of me.
  19. castell-neath

Even humpty dumpty was cannon lol
  20. They don't provide Linux flatpaks yet but I don't even like flatpaks to begin with so I compiled it from source. It seems to run just fine so I know exactly what I'm doing later.
  21. Sonictrainer

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door REMAKE - Coming 2024!

New Overview Trailer
  22. Cyb3rkn1ght

NOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  23. The DOMinator

Hey, that's "animation's sexiest fat man" you're talking about! If it makes you feel any better, there was one time in the AoStH cartoon where he built himself a robot wife, that is, after Scratch and Grounder called him out on his comment regarding how there was no woman on Mobius who wouldn't want to be Miss Robotnik. And to think what would've happened if you went your entire lives without seeing these images! Just remember, "Everything is canon."
  24. Cuz

You know AoStH Sonic's not signing no devorce papers.
  25. SpeedyChilidogs

BHAHAHAHA SAMEE! WAIT WHAT THE HECKK MANNN
  26. Maple Syrup

AAAAAAHHH!!! I could've gone the whole day without seeing this!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.