All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hm... If I had a decent mic I'd try and sing Fist Bump for the sing a long.

Although I've only practiced singing the short version.

3. "I've only ever played Mortal Kombat and Tekken, but I'm going to make a thread about the entire genre and frame it as a comparison between only two games".
  4. Sonic Colors or Sonic Forces?

Colors is a much better game than Forces when you compare the two. From controls to level design. Aesthetics like atmosphere and visuals. Even things like story-line and writing. Forces maybe has things that aren't really tangible over it like "ambition" but imo it's hardly something to judge a game by, and this is coming from someone who thinks Unleashed is a better game than Colors. Forces is a game literally designed in the vein of Colors but runs back the things Colors did right for the most part and adds things on that just bog down the experience. It's hard for me to seriously say it's better in any way to be honest. Out of the two, Colors is more sure of itself and knows what it wants.
  5. Boost Sonic is the only way to make 3D Sonic.

And it didn't stop them from adding more 2D sections in what's suppose to be a 3D game. At that point it stops being 3D and becomes 2.5D.
  6. Sonic Colors or Sonic Forces?

I'd say expectations and disappointment would play a huge part in how you perceive Colors vs Forces. Colors, despite me not personally liking it for numerous reasons I've stated in the past, was a game that at the time was not expected to be much, but steadily gained good word of mouth as a result of appearing to be a Sonic game without any bullshit attached (even if I disagree immensely), on top of being a sequel to a mixed game (Unleashed, although I'd prefer that any day over Colors). It also helped that the stakes of the game in-universe, as prone to wasted and missed opportunities at every corner, were ultimately fairly low with a lighthearted (badly done granted) tone to it, so people didn't really mind to the degree they might now. Forces on the other hand, was a game that was presented as having a lot of major events happening in-universe (Eggman taking over the world successfully, big war between Sonic, friends and Eggman, etc), and was also a sequel to a popular game (Mania). As such, expectations were much higher and thus had more room to fall harder if something went wrong. AND A LOT WENT WRONG. Bad marketing, shoddy displays of gameplay (and half-assed looking gameplay in general), the huge number of development issues that clearly went on behind the scenes, a story with characters that they clearly didn't seem to have any coherent idea of what to do with despite having the motherload of opportunities on their plate...the list goes on and on. As a result, combined with the steadily worsening word of mouth and the lukewarm responses at the end, you have our current situation.
  7. Why do we not have a thread for the Pokemon Switch game?

1. Red

Red

Use the Pokemon thread for that. I wouldn't make a topic until we have substantial enough info to make it worth speculating about.

8. I actually don't even believe Thor 3 is a good film. It's a shallow comedy of bad jokes to me and I don't understand the praise. Every single joke in the film is telegraphed with a really obvious set up. I find it really hard to laugh at the jokes when I know the punchline before it's coming every single time. If the comedy had surprised me sometimes then maybe I'd have found it funny, but it was just so mindless, simplistic and obvious that it was hard to really take anything from the humour, and the film really had nothing outside of humour except for wildly repurposing characters.
  9. So it's been almost 10 tears since Street Fighter came back from an almost 10 year hiatus with SFiv vanilla, so the debates been heated since. Do you believe the Street Fighter is better overall or MortalKombat? Imo, I would give it to Mortal Kombat for a few reasons: 1. Mortal Kombat is the only fighting game franchise that hasn't had a hiatus/time period where sales were low for a good length. Every time things started looking shaky they always came back. Look at MK4 then it bounced back with Deception. Look at Armageddon and it bounced back with Vs. DC. 2. The franchise outside if Japan has the most iconic/recognized characters in a fighting game and fairs well against other genres as well. 3. Mortal Kombat was the only fighting game with Action Adventure or rpg levels of content and to be honest still is, Since Trilogy. 4. The one of few fighting game franchise that really care enough to put a great deal of effort into the SP, which Tekken was looking to catch up to but then 7 happened. Occasional outliers here and there. 5. It is the only Fighting game franchise, if it has an actual storyline, to have a coherent story despite all the crazy elements. You can actually tell the story of MK good luck explaining Tekken to someone. 6. It's the best example of teaching as you play which most other fighters never do and most of them have crap tutorials. 7. The only fighting game franchise that has a good movie based on it. Now if you've played both but prefer a different game series, please still state your opinion and why you prefer one of these two over the other.
  10. Today
  11. Replaying GEX2 and Rayman 2 amazing how good these games are for first attempts at 3D platformers.
  12. No it's not, not until they explain Nega in rush and rivals being the same guy and gun ships appearing in. Rush. From Sonic 06 post reset, which is the human world. This is what I've been saying.
  13. "Hey kid, wait!" Dante yells after Madoka and considered chasing after her but decided against it. He yells again. " You need to have more faith in humans, kid. They're a lot more capable than you think!" Dante turns around and starts walking. "Selfishness, that's a human trait. Nothing wrong with being selfish sometimes..." He stops and produces a single penny from one of his pockets. He flicks it up in the air. "So...heads, I go back to the office and forget about all this. Or Tails, I stick around and help the kid and her friends out." He catches the penny with his right hand and lays it flat on the back of his left, removing his right hand to see what side is facing up. "Heh." He starts walking again. "No R&R for me then. A half blood being hired by a goddess, the times are sure changing." As Dante continues walking, he is passed by Daniel and Dave. The three barely noticed each other and continue on there own path. Daniel still looks a little unwell as he slouches, holding his stomach as he walks. "Will you stop being so bleedin' melodramatic. It was just like those VR games that are all the rage nowadays." Dave comments as Daniel struggles to recover from the horror movie incident. "My nightmares will have nightmares...n-never mind that now though...I-I thought I heard yelling from around here..." The two of them look around as they continue walking. "Well...there's nobody around now..." Dave says. "Let's just go back to the igloo, I could do with a rest." Dave adds as he's feeling lazy. Daniel ignores his suggestion. "No!...I-I-I just feel like....somebody needs...help." "...The only person that needs help is you." After that comment, Dave doubles back to leave while Daniel continues.
  14. Boost Sonic is the only way to make 3D Sonic.

Uh... I used Unleashed as the example of this thread. Hmm. See Sonic Heroes many times went faster than boost Sonic and roving the gimmicks Sonic Heroes would still be a longer game than say forces. I don't think it's wasteful at all I think it just hold down to Sega being incompetent. You also have to consider they made the boost less complex after each game but they are still having trouble?
  15. The Phantom Ruby really does seem like it would have made a good anti-Chaos Emerald. Like maybe it derives it's power in relation to willpower, but it would be focused on amplifying insecurities to drive the user to improve themselves, at the potential cost of sanity and increase in self-loathing, unlike the Chaos Emerald which tends to be more overall beneficial (or at least neutral) and focuses on deriving power from willpower. Plus, the Chaos Emeralds tends to be focused on inner strength, hence why the transformation tends to affect only the user, while the Phantom Ruby would be more about outer strength or misdirecting others into believing the user is strong via illusion based abilities.

16. He actually showed 2 regions, 3 if you include Amazon, on a deleted video. No joke. We have UK estimated numbers and exact Japanese numbers.
  17. If it's so easy do it yourself to prove you aren't lying.
  18. Tails is Useless.

It did suck seeing Tails treated the way he was in Forces. One of things I'll always like about Sonic Adventure was tails getting the personal strength of conviction to fight Eggman on his own. I don't see how Tails wouldn't take up the fight against Eggman in Forces if Sonic really was gone, especially since every other side-character was shown with their head on straight as the resistance. Tails doesn't need to be anything other than a competent contributor. I feel like that's not too much to ask of the writers.
  19. I mean you can easily search Segas public financials per quarter like most companies in seconds like say Sony, so I mean... It's more like you're not even trying and automatically assumed the odd position a low selling AAAbudget game is good for a company as soon as you saw the thread title, which is a weird position you're arguing. I have no clue why people think Nintendo can make a Sonic game when the design of all their platformers is in extreme contrast with any of Segas and not just Sonic. Throwing Odyssey physics in forces would actually make the game more unplayable. Its not exclusive to Nintendo why would it be in the direct?
  20. Should Shadow and Rouge be bad guys again

No. Rolling back on character devolution is never the solution to anything.
  21. Even then, he claims Forces rode on Mania's high reception. That suggests it's a fluke.
  22. Just seen Justice League, it was quite good.

Yeah, a more fleshed-out story could have been told over a two-parter and the villain is very generic.

I like the slightly darker tone of the recent DC films. It was nice to see new super-heroes which I think worked quite well as a (small) group. Was more interesting than the recent Thor film.

Spoiler

It's difficult to see how they could have handled Superman's return any better.

I like Ben Affleck's portrayal of Batman. It's about time we got a solo Batman film where I think Bat-flick could really shine.

23. Boost Sonic is the only way to make 3D Sonic.

Oh I have nothing against the Boost. It's pretty fun and I've seen some sick things done with it in speed runs.
  24. Sonic Colors or Sonic Forces?

Edit: Too busy to edit everything but I don't know anymore. lol I would probably still put Colors over Forces because for me Colors had better gameplay/controls, music, levels... With the controls, I've never felt like it was a big struggle playing o something I just need to get used to like it is in Forces with the Avatar where I really needed to adjust to, or Classic Sonic where I feel his controls are a big struggle to deal with. Outright bad if I'm honest. I do like that for Forces it gives you Boost type gameplay more akin to Unleashed/Generations. And Im pretty tied on Wisps in Colors and Forces. Both games handled them well, I think. I think having the Wisps as weapons in Forces is an interesting choice, but I kinda hate that they can't be switched on the fly. For what it's worth, cool that there's different types of the same weapons that does different things from giving your Avatar a shield, giving you rings for destroying enemies, or making your Avatar stop on a dime. Colors has arguably the most upbeat and poppy soundtrack among all 3D Sonic games and to this day still remains one of my top favorite 3D Sonic soundtracks of all time. In the top 5. It's hard to top classics like Sweet Mountain or Planet Wisp. This isn't to say Forces has bad music. Oh no. Definitely not. FAR from that. It's music is really darn good and brings back a personal favorite thing I've been wanting brought back for a long time and that's vocal songs. I just think as of this moment there's only a handful of songs I can remember/go back to listen to. Talk to me within a few more months and Forces may have the better soundtrack to me in the end. Maybe. I honestly find myself loving the level selection more in Colors than Forces. Forces has some really nice stuff like two city levels (I'm a sucker for those), but that's really all I care for. Everything that aren't the city levels are like...alright to me. I don't care that much to replay them. Some levels I outright forgot existed and only could remember the song for them, and when I realized the song was played for that specific level I forgot, I ended up going "No wonder I forgot, the level isn't that memorable or special." It never felt that way with Colors. I'm not the biggest fan of a big level being broken up into acts, and there's some acts I don't find to be that memorable in Colors, but I play the majority of acts and find them mostly memorable. I'm not sure on story anymore. Because on one hand I quite enjoy the nice light story Colors had with its funny dialogue and nice character interaction between Sonic and Tails, along with Orbot and Cubot. The latter two are big favorites of mine and I'm glad they've been with Eggman to give him company since I find them to be hilarious. They didn't really do anything in Forces but did have some funny moments. Though, with Forces I appreciate the more serious story and it being more action packed. It brings a ton of characters back and give them funny lines and nice character interactions. Episode Shadow DLC was great for more Team Dark interactions. Maybe I'm leaning more towards Forces on this one. While typing this all up, I honestly see how very close both games are... I like them almost the same or like one a tad bit more than the other in the grand scheme of things? At first, I was going in with a solid Colors > Forces attitude and now I'm walking out going Colors ? Forces. I enjoy both for what it's worth. Both have meh boss fights but Forces are more exciting to look at, and while Forces is has dropping beautiful thanks to the Hedgehog Engine 2, I still find myself loving the look of levels much more in Colors because of the bright colors and it's impressive how gorgeous the game looks on the Wii. Huh.
  25. Archie Sonic Main Discussion

What stories did he write?
  26. Should The Next 3D Sonic Game Forget About Story?

Forces' story wasn't worked on for 3 years, the engine for the game was. And as for story, I liked Mania's story just fine, as in I liked the presentation and storytelling. All that's really needed is character interaction between the cast and Eggman. I personally liked the story of Colors and Generations as well.
  27. "Sonic Forces sold well." *Shows 1 chart for 1 region for 1 platform with utterly no numbers* Well I'm sure we can trust this claim 100%!
  1. Load more activity