Awoo.
  • Join the Sonic Community Today!

Welcome to the world's biggest and best Sonic the Hedgehog online community! Register an account with us to get your very own Sonic social media account, and take part in the global blue blur conversation!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Some art of Knuckles inspired by his' idle animation from Sonic Advance 3
  3. Probably Marvel's Earth-616. I mean, undoubtedly, but I don't know if the number "212" has any other significance beyond being sorta like 616.
  4. Today
  5. WHAT THE ACTUAL SHITTT I NEED ITTTTT
  6. Spagonia Bowl

First Knuckles Series Reviews drop

From the reviews I've read, that is the main issue with the show, along with the villains not being all that great. Whilst I personally think it's best to wait until it drops on Friday, the fact that quite a decent number of critics have all said that Knuckles takes a "back seat" in his own show is a bit concerning. Like what others have said, I imagine this is probably a budget issue and Paramount isn't in the best state at the moment. But this does raise some questions regarding the future of the "Sonic Cinematic Universe" (SCU) and what Paramount and the team behind this and the movies priorities are. Will the third film have the same issue as this? What does this mean for potential future spin-offs? I'm sure Sonic Movie 3 will have a bigger budget than the Knuckles series, but will characters like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow get overshadowed by any human characters? This doesn't necessarily apply to Robotnik/Eggman, the Wachowski's, Agent Stone and Maria, but more so other cast members. We got the announcements of Krysten Ritter and a few others in unspecified roles and we've had no word on whether or not characters like Amy and/or Rouge will appear, which leads me to believe that the like of Ritter are playing new human characters. As someone who enjoyed the first two movies, I agree with the sentiment that the big focus on human characters is a drawback, and I'm someone who actually likes the idea of humans in the Sonic world! Is this just going to be a continuing issue with the third film? I can understand them not wanting to introduce Sonic characters straight away without any buildup/little character development, but fans AND the general public want to see characters from the games on the big screen! This also leads me onto my next point, that if the Knuckles series does have a heavier focus on Wade and the fans/general public really dislike the show, will this damage all the good will the team behind the movies have built up with the fanbase? Even though they're not masterpieces, the film series have been praised by fans and audiences alike and in a way, they helped rebuild Sonic's reputation, which was in a dire state come the late 2010s. As I said, they're not masterpieces, but they've definitely pleased many of us who were dreading the first movie when the initial first trailer dropped, only to be pleasantly surprised when they redesigned Sonic and the movie ended up being a fun little joyride, with the second film being a good step up! But with these reviews coming in for the Knuckles series, detailing Knuckles apparently being overshadowed by a character that not that many people really cared all that much about and the enthusiasm for this show dwindling with each passing day, it makes me wonder what the relationship between the fanbase and the creative team will be. Will it be a Pontac and Graff situation? Will this cause fans to be more worried/skeptical with the third film? Will they lose all trust in Jeff Fowler, Tim Miller, etc? Could this damage not only the movie series, but the franchise's reputation as a whole? I hope I don't come off as all doom and gloom, it's not my intention! It's just something that I've been feeling since reading these reviews. I'm not saying that the Knuckles series will definitely "ruin" the "SCU", nor am I trying to say that this all spells trouble for Movie 3, but I can't help but feel a little concerned for what's to come next. For all we know, I might be completely off with all these concerns I have. I have read in an interview with Adam Pally, who plays Wade, apparently he's not been contacted regarding appearing in Movie 3 and he's not listed in the cast, so this leads me to assume that he may not even be appearing in the film at all. Maybe Movie 3 does focus less on the humans and more on the game cast. Maybe we'll see characters like Amy and/or Rouge appear. Maybe the team will listen to all the discourse surrounding Knuckles and if it does get slated by the fans, they'll take note of all the criticisms and make sure improve in future projects. Hell, they did the same when the first trailer for the first movie dropped, even when we all thought they wouldn't. I guess all in all, it depends on how both Knuckles and Movie 3 turn out and if the they're both decent, then cool! But if they both disappoint, then the team at Paramount are gonna have to face the wrath of Sonic fans again! FYI: Please do NOT go out and harass any of the crew members, actors, writers, directors, or producers who worked on this show! Even if you end up not liking it, these people worked hard on it and they don't need anyone throwing them abuse online! Especially don't send any abuse to Adam Pally! He's just doing his job portraying Wade and seems like a genuinely nice guy, so please don't harass him if you hate his character! We don't want another Last of Us: Part II situation! I'm not saying anyone on here will go out and do all this, but you never know if some "fans."
  7. Game 9 - God of War (2018) campaign complete Yeah, don't think I can 100% this bad boy. I enjoyed it, very much actually. I'm just not very good at it. I was able to take down 3 Valkyries and hell, it infuriated me each time. Still, a good time mostly. Might get Ragnarok sometime. Christopher Judge deserves all the praise as Kratos.
  8. Just now got through the tutorial and first GP of this game, excited to get into online (after I get some sleep, lol). I loved SRB2kart on paper, but never really got the vibe. I totally get it now - WOW - this has completely captivated me. I can't wait to dig my teeth in this more. Anyone else getting in on it? I also got a real iteachvader vibe with Tails and Robotnik being close in this one. I love it. Silly thing to pull from but it's warming my heart.
  9. I was looking forward to seeing what I could chip in on. I'll take any excuse to do some typing (I find it cathartic to spend a lot of time typing).
  10. I know the other commentors are saying this as well, but just a heads up that the bounty link doesn't work. It states that we don't have access to that page.
  11. Scritch the Cat

How do I find Sonic fans in my area?

I don't have anyone who would look at my computer and see virtual wallpaper, either.
  12. Quick weekly check-in! I've finally nabbed Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion. Perfect sort of length for me, I can't stand a game that doesn't respect my time. Now that last "Defeat ???" achievement, however... Woof. I'll take my regular, true-ending completion for now, and consider 100% later. ...And because it's just so festive, here are some Knuckles-es from what I've been playing tonight.Anybody else trying out Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers? It's a ton of fun, I'm really delighted by it! SRB2kart's team has outdone themselves.
  13. cosmichaos

What Are Your Relationship Headcannons?

Haha, what a small world! Which version of the ship do you like more; Lansoni or Arthurlot, or both?
  14. Sonic and robots... they don't often get along. You'll often find the blue blur smashing into robots far more often than you see him allying with them. But this time, if this leak is to be believed... he might actually BECOME a robot this time. Better yet, he could very well be a Transformer! According to a leaked Chinese stocking document from Hasbro pertaining to the Transformers Generations toyline, the premiere subline for Transformers figures designed for older children and adult collectors, item ID G07135L00 alludes to a "Collab" figure named "Sonic", with both a red and blue variant. The translation of these listings come from TFW2005 user kubi. TFW2005 is for Transformers fans as the Sonic Stadium is for us, which can add further validity to these claims. Sonic isn't the only character apparently found in a Transformers listing, either. A while back, a similar leak from a retail database listed another "Collab" figure under the codename "Tails". Coincidence? Maybe. But at the same time, it's pretty interesting how in the same year, crossover toy listings are coming out with the codename of Sonic and Tails. While this could very well be the most ambitious crossover, pitting Sonic in the iconic, plastic battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons, this isn't the first time the two brands crossed paths. In 2014, the mighty Megatron, evil leader of the Decepticons assumed the form of a Mega Drive in order to do battle with his bitter rival: PlayStation Optimus Prime. This crossover figure even came with a miniature Japanese copy of Sonic 1! A year later, a Genesis variant released with the North American Sonic 1 cartridge, as well as a golden lottery variant. No Sonic included in that one, though. Additionally, considering the Sonic and Transformers movies are helmed under Paramount, the Bumblebee social media account is no stranger to cross promotion. The Autobot scout can sometimes be seen making small little nods to his fellow movie star. Sonic himself even decided to watch Bumblebee in record time! Most recently in their latest film, 2023's Transformers: Rise of the Beasts has main human lead Noah Diaz and his little brother Kris refer to each other by the cheeky codenames "Sonic" and "Tails". Their Autobot friend Mirage even gets the third codename of "Knuckles". All of these little nods just point to the fact that slowly but surely, the worlds of Transformers and Sonic are beginning to collide. This just adds to the possibility of this toy leak being very much real, and we'll be seeing Sonic Transformers hitting store shelves very soon. Do you think this leak is real? Or is this a bunch of Beryllium baloney? Or maybe this is just an excuse for me to flex my extensive Transformers knowledge? I'll never tell. Sonic News Tips Credit: JosepHenry Original Post Content: View full story
  15. Sonic and robots... they don't often get along. You'll often find the blue blur smashing into robots far more often than you see him allying with them. But this time, if this leak is to be believed... he might actually BECOME a robot this time. Better yet, he could very well be a Transformer! According to a leaked Chinese stocking document from Hasbro pertaining to the Transformers Generations toyline, the premiere subline for Transformers figures designed for older children and adult collectors, item ID G07135L00 alludes to a "Collab" figure named "Sonic", with both a red and blue variant. The translation of these listings come from TFW2005 user kubi. TFW2005 is for Transformers fans as the Sonic Stadium is for us, which can add further validity to these claims. Sonic isn't the only character apparently found in a Transformers listing, either. A while back, a similar leak from a retail database listed another "Collab" figure under the codename "Tails". Coincidence? Maybe. But at the same time, it's pretty interesting how in the same year, crossover toy listings are coming out with the codename of Sonic and Tails. While this could very well be the most ambitious crossover, pitting Sonic in the iconic, plastic battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons, this isn't the first time the two brands crossed paths. In 2014, the mighty Megatron, evil leader of the Decepticons assumed the form of a Mega Drive in order to do battle with his bitter rival: PlayStation Optimus Prime. This crossover figure even came with a miniature Japanese copy of Sonic 1! A year later, a Genesis variant released with the North American Sonic 1 cartridge, as well as a golden lottery variant. No Sonic included in that one, though. Additionally, considering the Sonic and Transformers movies are helmed under Paramount, the Bumblebee social media account is no stranger to cross promotion. The Autobot scout can sometimes be seen making small little nods to his fellow movie star. Sonic himself even decided to watch Bumblebee in record time! Most recently in their latest film, 2023's Transformers: Rise of the Beasts has main human lead Noah Diaz and his little brother Kris refer to each other by the cheeky codenames "Sonic" and "Tails". Their Autobot friend Mirage even gets the third codename of "Knuckles". All of these little nods just point to the fact that slowly but surely, the worlds of Transformers and Sonic are beginning to collide. This just adds to the possibility of this toy leak being very much real, and we'll be seeing Sonic Transformers hitting store shelves very soon. Do you think this leak is real? Or is this a bunch of Beryllium baloney? Or maybe this is just an excuse for me to flex my extensive Transformers knowledge? I'll never tell.
  16. well, Dang. right when I was going to take a mushroom shortcut too...
  17. The DOMinator

5:22
  18. Cyb3rkn1ght

Oh, Please. if i had to choose a game that influenced me most to be like sonic, I HAS to be black knight. his characterization is SO on point like he was depicted back in the classics; selfless and determined. Even the song "Knight of the wind" hits me in a special place in my heart because no matter what, you MUST fight. Sure everyone is talking about being fearless this yeah, but imma do my own thing and be heroic instead.
  19. Cyb3rkn1ght

Truly a real one.
  20. sonic_the_cuber

in 5th grade, i was crazy about my sonic passion, but i was called weird and people said i wanted to marry sonic.. so i stopped talking about it and i’m better now, but i just wish there were sonic fans but at least it wasnt 2006
  21. Maple Syrup

Virtual
  22. Rabbitearsblog

First Knuckles Series Reviews drop

So, is the only bad thing that critics are saying about the Knuckles series is that Knuckles isn't in the show enough? Is that it?
  23. Scritch the Cat

Do you mean virtual wallpaper or literal? Because I don't have many guests who come to see my actual walls.
  24. All of us here at Sonic Stadium are Sonic fans, so naturally we all have a little more than a passing familiarity with his red, dreadlocked companion Knuckles the Echidna. Some of us like him. Others love him. Both myself and this website’s owner have named our online handles after him. So for Knuckles week, we decided to give our staff members a chance to reminisce over how we became fans of him. This is what we had to say! GX For me, as a child of the 90s who owned Sonic & Knuckles but distinctly not Sonic 3, Knuckles took a game series already built on sprawling, layered levels, and gave you a whole new way to traverse them. Then through Sonic & Knuckles' lock-on feature, gave me the ability to do the same in Sonic 2, further opening up a game that was already dense with places to explore and alternate paths to take. My other childhood interpretation was deeply rooted in the Archie series. He would fill the role that Shadow would eventually horn in on, Sonic's "Friendly Nemesis." He had his own adventures, his own cast, his own buddies, and... a heck of a lot of mythology. Sometimes too much. But his relationship to Sonic was always interestingly complicated: Sonic is reckless and flippant, while Knuckles is stalwart and reserved. Yet both were strong-willed and always closely matched. Perhaps not friends, but uneasy allies and respectable rivals. Though as an adult, I'd be hard pressed to find a version of him I liked more than in the Sonic Boom animated series. Sonic Boom inherently cranked all the characters' archetypes up to 11 (opting to be a zany sitcom over rather than an action-adventure series), and Knuckles was the lifeblood of that comedy. It's not that he was simply dim, but he had a style of writing that was nearly Philip J. Fry-esque. If Eggman is Sonic's ineptly sinister Neuman, Knuckles is his Kramer, the scene's punchline of unfiltered and unpredictable reaction. Failinhearts I was like, five when I met Knuckles. Like many kids, my first experience with Sonic and his friends was through Sonic X. But as a child with little grasp of nuance in character relationships beyond the black and white "good guys" and "bad guys", the rivalry of Sonic and Knuckles never registered with me. I only really started paying attention to Knuckles with my first game, Sonic Heroes, where Knuckles was treated as another one of Sonic's best friends. That delicious idea of a trinity of blue, yellow and red. Now that captivated little old me. It's just really cool to see a trio of best friends, you know? And that's how I saw them. It's cool, the speed, smarts and brawn dynamic. Now that I'm older, of course I appreciate that Knuckles isn't just a follower of Sonic. He's very much often a lone wolf, and an equal to Sonic in his own way. But that only makes me appreciate the times when they join forces all the better. And I look forward to seeing how this current iteration of Knuckles, and his film variation will evolve those traits going forward. Nuckles87 Given my name, it’s probably pretty easy to tell that I’m a Knuckles fan. But unlike with Sonic, I don’t really have any one “moment” where I became a fan of the rad red. Being a latecomer to the 90s Sonic scene in late 1995, I already had access to basically the entire Sonic trilogy for the Genesis, even if I didn’t really realize that. I would play games as my parents got them, and as I learned about some of them via Archie adaptations. And out of all the Sonic games I would soon play, no character nor game left as much of an impression on me as Knuckles in Sonic & Knuckles. I initially rented the game from Blockbuster some time after getting the Archie adaptation at a book store (which came in a 2-pack with issue 25, the Sonic CD adaption). While I didn’t get very far at the time, I quickly fell in love with one thing: Knuckles. He could climb, he could glide, and he felt just as fast as Sonic. He could be a good guy, but didn’t get along with Sonic. He was Sonic, but better. Why would anyone think otherwise? At around the same time, Knuckles was also appearing a lot more in the comics. My first time seeing him was in the Sonic Triple Trouble one-shot, which came out shortly after I started reading. Increasingly, it was his more serialized stories that kept me coming back to the book, which would eventually lead to me reading his mini series, and eventually his monthly book. I really enjoyed these comics as a kid, and still have fond memories of them, which I explored in an article I wrote a few years ago. Check it out if you want something more in-depth! My love for Knuckles has never disappeared, and it’s been awesome seeing him get so much love in recent years. He is better than Sonic after all. Why shouldn’t he? I’m going to end this on one thing I couldn’t find a place for in this entry: among the many things I got wrong in those books, I initially thought he was a girl due to his dreads, and to this day I still give Archie Knuckles a nearly androgynous, tomboy voice in my head. Ryannumber1gamer Initially becoming a Knuckles fan for the petty reason of Tails being ruined by Sonic Lost World, as the years passed, I gained a lot of more legitimate reasons for why Knuckles remains my favourite character in the series. I really enjoy the dynamic he has with Team Sonic, his big brother role to Tails, how his attitude contrasts against Amy's personality, and of course - him and Sonic's playful and friendly rivalry, where they poke fun at each other but do so in that way friends do where they don't really mean it too much, especially shown in Frontiers and Archie. In terms of personality, It's easy to peg Knuckles as just a total idiot who falls for every trick under the sun, and some versions of him definitely fit that bill, but personally, I always found this as a rather boring and basic way to interpret his character. I always liked how Knuckles tows that line between serious straight man, and honourable guardian, naive and believing the best in others against better judgement, and outright trickster, egotist, and goof. It puts Knuckles in a unique spot in terms of the cast, as a multi-layered character to the point different games, and parts of the franchise home in on it for different variants of Knuckles. Some like Archie and IDW do the serious guardian/competitive rival route, while others focus on his paranoia and antagonism against Sonic (X, which is a product of their dynamic back then), or Boom focusing on the dumb muscle aspect. He can be silly, he can be egocentric, he can be serious and duty-bound by legacy, he can be competitive, kind-hearted, naive or antagonistic. Knuckles is one of the most flexible characters in the series IMO. I think it really says a fair bit how a lot of Knuckles' variants can still be enjoyed for tackling different aspects of the character. Comics sticking much closer to that serious guardian, and friendly rival, while something like Boom went all in on dumb muscle for him, and the movie focused on the legacy aspect, and used *that* to give him both intellect in some matters, and naivety and quirks in other aspects. Even the likes of X being so antagonistic to Sonic can be attributed to a specific era where they were constantly butting heads and fighting each other. Even if I don't personally like Boom's version, I do have to admit he's very funny and entertaining. I'm really happy with seeing him now being back to his roots, especially with the movie popularizing it, and I can't wait to see what the series does for him, and where the games continue to take him after Frontiers. There’s a lot of love for Knuckles here at Sonic Stadium. Be sure to stay tuned for more Knuckles content over the coming days! View full story
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.