Awoo.
  • Join the Sonic Community Today!

Welcome to the world's biggest and best Sonic the Hedgehog online community! Register an account with us to get your very own Sonic social media account, and take part in the global blue blur conversation!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Cosmos Rogue

Some Sonic hot takes?

Alright, Shadow's getting pushed really hard right now, so it's time to ignite the flamethrower for a REAL hot take:
  3. captobvious42

Custom Twitch Overlays

I've been toying with making special overlays for special days (or if I do a video for certain games/series). These are a few overlays I'm working on: This one was already prebuilt. The only thing I added was the section at the bottom. I do like how this one turned on. I was trying for Star Wars communication devices but decided to use the Star Wars frame I found. The only thing I don't have is a chat window. I'm going to be using this one soon. I do like how it turned out, though I do worry about it being too busy. This one's got a very, very long ways to go. I was trying to go for a manga collage, but it feels way too busy. I think I'm going to switch to an orange background as well as a slideshow of the DB series titles instead of a row of images.
  4. Another thought was the whole Future Rotor being gay. I don't mean the fact that he was gay, but HOW it was reveal. The writing was so subtle that no one caught it until Penders (which explains a lot) stated that was the case when Flynn maimed Future Rotor and killed off his partner.
  5. Very late announcement, but it's a brand new week, and that means a brand new fan-favourite prize this time! Do a check-in this week and earn a Sonic Adventure 2 profile gift!
  6. I love all the Sonic Advance games, and occasionally I still replay Advance 1. I agree with most of what you said... Advance 1 is closer to the classic formula, so it can appeal to a wider range of Sonic fans compared to the sequels which are usually love or hate depending on your tastes. The level design is solid, though there are a few places where it gets a bit unfair with hazard that you can't anticipate (like when you have to fall blind upside down into a maze of off-screen spikes at the end of Cosmic Angel) or places where you have to rely on janky collisions in order to progress (mostly in Egg Rocket). The classics have their unfair/janky/bad designed places too, this is not much different in that regard, still nothing that ruins the experience too much. Regarding the bosses, they are nice, the only one that I don't like is the final one (not the extra boss, the regular final boss)... it's annoying, has weird collisions, and doesn't look like a final boss at all... visually it's just the usual gimmick attached to the Egg Mobile, looks like a regular zone boss. The special stages are great, probably my favorites in all the franchise (I also like the Advance 2 ones, but Advance 1's are better designed despite being simpler in concept - a twist on Sonic 2's half pipe). They are very fair, can be completed on the first try without memorization; the only issue is, as you said, the perception of depth and the collisions, which are kinda solid but hard to read. Regarding Amy, her gameplay is very fun actually, though it's not very intuitive. There are ways to hit enemise while staying safe, build up speed and abuse of the acrobatic tricks to reach higher platforms that normally you wouldn't reach unless you fly or glide. Actually, Amy is my favorite part of the game, except for when you have to fight that final boss offcourse. The acrobatic flip can be activated while you run, just tap down for a frame, you don't have to slow down or crouch at all (if you do it precise enough, you can keep all or most of your momentum, and you can do it while running vertically on walls too); it's possible to chain the flip with the bunny hop to increase its horizontal range when there's not enough room to run. You can stay invincible if you bunny hop and attack in the middle of the jump arc... the downside is that when you hit the ground you have to watch an animation until the character is ready to move again; do it at the edge of a platform to fall down and cover more space, or land on a gimmick/bumper to cancel the end animation. If the enemy is directly below you, you can attack+down and bounce on it with the rotating hammer... works well on some bosses too. The bunny hop is also useful to skip some small gaps, but it's very situational (there are some skippable gaps at the beginning of Angel Island act 1 2, that place with chameleon badniks and those tiny spiked platform moving up and down).
  7. Cancelled after one issue. Well, that and a backdoor pilot. [Edit] Actually, after a TvTropes binge, Marvel created an X-Men villain who was basically a realistic version of one of his Lost One characters. Honestly, the concept of superheroes empowered by nuclear radiation ran its course by the late 90'd; everyone had moved onto genetic engineering by that point. The fact he was still using it (and using a horrific event to justify it, but that's not that surprising) is... not that surprising.
  8. Never seen the Matrix? That's a classic right there.
  9. Non-Apple users waiting for Dream Team to hit Consoles and PC:
  10. Never seen a keanu movie, but there's a first time for everything
  11. Also, @juanpablomorales , another connection between John Wick and Shadow is that they both use motorcycles… And guns…lots of guns.
  12. Eh, kinda yay, kinda nay, but I think he'll nail the role.
  13. Now if only they'd release it on something for people without iPhones...
  14. And as of today Keanu Reeves is officially Shadow. Looking forward to it.
  15. I think Keanu Reeves fits well for voicing Shadow The Hedgehog because I remember that his character, John Wick also have the same common as Shadow: Losing someone special. Why? Shadow lost Maria meanwhile John Wick lost his dog and his wife in the 2014 John Wick movie.
  16. *Uncontrollable Shaking* Shadow Tee? Sonic Hoodie? CHAO BEANIE??
  17. Time may go on, but some styles are timeless. That's what clothing manufacturer Stray Rats believes as they roll the clock back to 1999 to deliver an exclusive clothing line based on the Dreamcast era of Sonic the Hedgehog! First initially teased on their Instagram, the Sonic Adventure inspired clothing line made its early grand purchasable debut in New York courtesy of indie clothing retailer Happy99. The clothes will then be made available on their official site starting April 17th. The marketing effort for this launch event was capped off with a wonderfully charming video of Sonic, sporting his Sonic Adventure DX model showing you around a Dreamcast-ified version of Happy99's wares! Snapinsta.app_video_438645706_1133086651261030_8177004808533075949_n.mp4 The launch event at Happy99 was filled with 90s Sonic merch and decorations as the clothing line was unveiled. Snippets of the event was captured by TikTok user wabbittwacksnyc. Snaptik.app_7357452668819836202.mp4 As for the clothes themselves, Twitter user SonicStyleBlog was present to take pictures of the goods. And they range from legitimately cool, to bafflingly bizarre. From VMU inspired beanies and shirts, hoodies adorning iconic Sonic Adventure key art, to yes, as we all demanded... Big the Cat surrounded by two smoking hot polygonal beach babes. To further add some icing onto this 128 bit cake, this isn't Stray Rats' first collaboration with SEGA and Sonic. Previously, the two companies worked together to create outfits primarily inspired by the early 90s. But this latest wave is going all in on Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 as its leading aesthetic. So clearly, this is a successful partnership we could only hope continues to evolve from here! What do you think about this new wave of Stray Rats x Sonic clothes? Are you ready to order your own set? Listings will start showing up on April 17th at 12pm EST on the Stray Rats store! Original Post Content: View full story
  18. Time may go on, but some styles are timeless. That's what clothing manufacturer Stray Rats believes as they roll the clock back to 1999 to deliver an exclusive clothing line based on the Dreamcast era of Sonic the Hedgehog! First initially teased on their Instagram, the Sonic Adventure inspired clothing line made its early grand purchasable debut in New York courtesy of indie clothing retailer Happy99. The clothes will then be made available on their official site starting April 17th. The marketing effort for this launch event was capped off with a wonderfully charming video of Sonic, sporting his Sonic Adventure DX model showing you around a Dreamcast-ified version of Happy99's wares! Snapinsta.app_video_438645706_1133086651261030_8177004808533075949_n.mp4 The launch event at Happy99 was filled with 90s Sonic merch and decorations as the clothing line was unveiled. Snippets of the event was captured by TikTok user wabbittwacksnyc. Snaptik.app_7357452668819836202.mp4 As for the clothes themselves, Twitter user SonicStyleBlog was present to take pictures of the goods. And they range from legitimately cool, to bafflingly bizarre. From VMU inspired beanies and shirts, hoodies adorning iconic Sonic Adventure key art, to yes, as we all demanded... Big the Cat surrounded by two smoking hot polygonal beach babes. To further add some icing onto this 128 bit cake, this isn't Stray Rats' first collaboration with SEGA and Sonic. Previously, the two companies worked together to create outfits primarily inspired by the early 90s. But this latest wave is going all in on Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 as its leading aesthetic. So clearly, this is a successful partnership we could only hope continues to evolve from here! What do you think about this new wave of Stray Rats x Sonic clothes? Are you ready to order your own set? Listings will start showing up on April 17th at 12pm EST on the Stray Rats store!
  19. Yesterday
  20. "This is why I only work on comics I write and draw myself" So... where are these comics?
  21. As long as you have evidence to prove it was beaten this year, it’s fair game, even if it’s before you joined the forum. Welcome to the community, btw!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.