All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I'm only assuming, but I think he meant don't make another Generations, where it was just a ton of mish-mash of things from previous games thrown together, barely held together with a thin layer of crappy plot.
  3. That's what we thought about Forces. It's not a bad thing for them to take their time of course but it's not much of an indicator of how the game will eventually turn out.
  4. There's some well hidden short-cuts on the CNK tracks.

5. Huh, guess he was really yanking your chains when he said not to hold your breath.
  6. I'm...not entirely sure how you avoid celebrating an anniversary but ok? Anyway shouldn't this be seen as good news? They aren't going to just fart out a game. They're going to take a couple years to actually give it some development time.
  7. Today
  8. There's a piece of software called TurnItIn which is used by almost every college and University worth their salt. It can spot this kind of plagiarism a mile off. And I know this to be true because aside from running my own papers, disserations, reports and even computer code through it... Paying for an essay from these places is a bad idea since the irony is, the more they do, the more likely the plagiarism software can and will detect it. But out of curiosity. What's are the papers on? Might as well try and salvage something constructive from all this.
  9. I sure would prefer the separate-eyes style as that is something setting him apart from other Sonics 🙂 Something iconic just for him 😉 Some spin to the gloves too - fingerless, special runner-type gloves (like those for "sliding the ground" or what for they are - for me they are just special gloves XD). But that doesn't mean your pictures are bad 🙂 I like them ❤️
  10. Congratulations to the four skins who are coming to Smash this summer:

Illuminationary!

Hairy Dick!

Han Solo!

Ocean's Eight!

...I got carried away, didn't I?

11. So in Smash Ultimate we have:

-The main protagonist of a game that is filled to the brim with sexism, homophobia and transphobia.

-A character from a series with music by a sexist, homophobic, war-denying, suicide-denying composer whose works will likely be showing up in the game.

Smash Ultimate is cursed, isn’t it?

1. Wraith

Wraith

Its more like video games are cursed

2. SupahBerry

SupahBerry

"I TOLD you they've wasted those two slot"

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's more like the world isn't homogeneous in its views on homsexuality and Japan is very different to UK and the West in general. Persona speaks of wilful ignorance, and the DQ composer is a hack. You just have to separate the art from the artist. People are always going to disagree and, sad though it is, people are allowed to be homophobic etc.

4. Wraith

Wraith

Seperating the art from the artist is impossible. It comes down to whether you actually care if you're supporting these people with your dollar or not. 

With video games being big collaborative efforts it's essentially impossible to make sure none of your money is going toward a racist, sexist, homophobe etc. Still I won't lie and say learning about key figures behind the art or seeing these ideas in the art in Persona's case doesn't give me pause. I don't really feel comfortable supporting the Persona IP anymore until Atlus has it's act together just because it got kind of overt and gross about it in a way I think is disrespectful. 

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Oh I agree. You have to wonder really if ATLUS is saying "Yeah we stand for homophobia", and if they're not saying, that then why they're putting their name on products that say it.

6. KHCast

KHCast

Yknow the sad but kinda funny thing? The gay character in Persona 4 dancing, as basic and cliche as you could get for a gay stereotype he was, had some actual charm and personality that made him just feel like a guy that happened to be gay and owned that fabulousness with no shame. Still a stereotype, but at least he was fun. The persona 4 subset is weird cause they get so close to having decent lgbt representation, but then shoot themselves in the foot in one way or another 

7. DiamondX

DiamondX

It's a different culture. You can't expect everyone to agree with your views anyway.

If the views of the person affect you that much, don't buy their product.

I also live in a culture similar to Japan when it comes to the views of homosexuality so I suppose I might not understand how you feel in this situation so I apologise if my words were too harsh. 

8. Tracker_TD

Tracker_TD

Japan has a culture, sure. Persona is a product that is now produced and released within a global market. 

9. Polkadi~♪

Polkadi~♪

And then you have Kanji Tatsumi, who really muddles up the Persona 4 situation. From my point of view, he’s very much a bisexual. But it’s all in the eye of the beholder, as questions regarding his sexuality is never answered, and left to interpretation.

Also, I wouldn’t say Persona 5 is filled to the brim with sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and all that... After all, you even meet a drag queen/trans woman (never explained, it just is) owning a bar, who is someone that genuinely cares about your safety for hanging around a red light district, as well as playing emotional support to one of your confidants, and her work pays you better than all other jobs (but that’s rather superficial here).

Finishing off that I believe that statement is a lie, that’s as far as I’ll go talking about that. The two gay sexual predators are unfortunate, but their screentime is thankfully under a minute to the total 100 hours of gameplay. But all this to say Hashino still isn’t a good person, I just don’t think the game ended up too affected by his views.

10. KHCast

KHCast

@DiamondX Still find it ridiculous that it has to be considered a “view” or “political” topic, the idea of treating people different from you in who they wanna love with respect vs something to be mocked and joked at, but I digress 

@Polkadi~♪ Uhhh, it’s more than once the gay sex predators show up. Not to mention, they still are there. Doesn’t matter that it’s brief. It makes it clear what they find acceptable and “funny”.And then there’s the whole controversy of there not still being male x male romance options in a game series that has romance as a selling point. Also Ryuji’s a creep like all the past protag best friend characters from 3+

11. DiamondX

DiamondX

Even if all cultures were to accept it, you would still have people with different opinions on it.

You can't force someone to think the way you want to about something.

Just my opinion...

12. Tracker_TD

Tracker_TD

You can't force them, but you sure can call them out for being bigoted 

13. Wraith

Wraith

A game that does the same lame gay predators joke would be bad enough on it's own, but the game also features relationships between adult women and the high school aged protagonist, framed as romantic and desirable and not "creepy." I can't help but wonder why that is.  

That along with the fanservice and queer baiting makes a game about outcasts overturing the status quo of society for the sake of the downtrodden come off as...kinda tone-deaf at the best of times. 

I was really disappointed with Persona 5's writing on the whole though so my perspective is a bit different. Even looking past these issues I didn't have a lot of fun with the story/characters so it's hard to "turn my brain off" so to speak. 

12. My big wish for this game is for Sonic's acceleration to work. The other hurdles can be crossed later, but physics and game feel are paramount and need to be be mastered before they move forward with anything else. I don't really care what past Sonic game the game resembles or who's in it compared to that. Ideally they'd go for something fresh, but I'm tired of classic Sonic iconography either way so if I have to pick an old Sonic game to pull from I hope it's not one of those.
  13. I’m about 99% certain the only other time we see the Forty Fathoms is in that Island of Misfit Badniks sequel, over a decade later.
  14. Scenario: I've locked you in a room, the only way to escape is to 100% either Crash Nitro Kart or Crash Tag Team Racing.

Which do you choose?

1. Soniman

Soniman

Nitro Kart is a actual racing game 

2. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Stays in room forever.

3. Teoskaven

Teoskaven

If i have to play it means there's at least a TV with electric current, wich in turns would allow me with enough tinkering to find a way to escape.
      Checkmate, Jigsaw.

4. Polkadi~♪

Polkadi~♪

Both of them.

When I start something, I’m damn well gonna finish it.

15. Opposite with me, I love a few Sega franchises more then Sonic even, Puyo Puyo would work with Sonic for example and if done right, it would be amusing to see Sonic and characters interact with the Persona 5 cast,
  16. I would honestly like to see alt versions of characters. To be extremely blunt most Sega properties don't interest me and the ones that do are either too mature to blend with or are just unwitting. The only exceptions that I can think of in the moment is just but even then I'm not reading a comic about jsr.
  17. Those famous Sonic dates, etched in stone amd known by everyone, of August 15th and November 7th.
  18. It's more about every Sonic release since Generations. Lost World was probably most balanced, it had entirely new levels with some look backs to the past. Boom was original, but a side series and very different to the mainline series. But aside from them we had Sonic 4 Episode 2 which was better than Episode 1 but still derivative, All Stars Racing Transformed, which reused familiar locations, Mania which was 70% old levels (revamped but still old), Forces which used old locales we've already seen multiple times and Team Sonic Racing which didnt bring much new to the table either and half is reused tracks. So to be fair, the time of Adventure 2 and 06 is long over. All recent Sonic games, particularly Mania and Forces (both anniversary titles) recycled a lot of content. It would be very surprising if this new game didn't recycle levels considering the past precedent.
  19. Happy 20th birthday Persona 2: Innocent Sin! At least ATLUS aknowledged it's existence.

1. Polkadi~♪

Polkadi~♪

While Persona 1 is humble beginnings, Persona 2 really set the tone for where the series was going to head. That, and great writing and story. It’s dark, but it’s not scared to have some fun too.

2. DiamondX

DiamondX

I think the tone is also helped by the cast, which I believe is one of the best (if not the best) in the series.

3. KHCast

KHCast

I just wish maya talked still in EP, but aside from that, fucking loved the game

4. DiamondX

DiamondX

@KHCast In order for Tatsuya to be able to speak, Maya had to take the Main Character problem and become silent.

The two of them at least have more personality than the other 4. (especially Naoya, poor guy)

5. KHCast

KHCast

That doesn’t really explain when they have flashbacks to IS Maya, and she’s still silent there. It was so distracting to me. They technically aren’t the same person

6. DiamondX

DiamondX

Yeah, it's weird.

I hope they would remake the duology for PS4 and solve some problems but I doubt they will do that.

7. Polkadi~♪

Polkadi~♪

I mean, it’s technically an alternate timeline, so... It kinda sorta checks out?

20. I'm enjoying the game, it plays just fine, quite simple and traditional but there are a couple of interesting mechanics, and it's just fun and beautiful to watch. I still prefer the innovative gameplay of TSR, but that's about it, this game has a lot more content so it definitely has the upper hand, I'm sorry for Sonic but it's a better game overall. There is plenty to do. The animations remain one of my favorite things about CTRNF. Anyway, I have yet to play online, does it work well?
  21. I would also love a SEGA multiverse, rather than alternate copies of the Sonic characters. Just my thought. Any idea what could be the curveball for Sonic #25 that Ian teased in that old interview? Let's speculate...
  22. The realisation that you're racing against someone way better than you at CTR online.

Then the realisation that you're way better than the other players you're racing against.

Image result for sonic shrug

1. Vertical Snoop [D.K.]

Vertical Snoop [D.K.]

Then the realization that you only get, like, 80 coins for coming in second (the last race you got 300 for coming in third).

2. Jango

Jango

The coin system is indeed balls. They should've made it completely different. I got 300 coins by finishing 6th in Coco Park on an online match. I was like "I don't even feel bad"

1. Load more activity

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.