All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. It's not that I think Iizuka is doing a stellar job but I legitimately cannot think of a single person to replace him, especially since finding people who are passionate about the Sonic series is a difficult endeavor. He seems to care a lot about the series - if anything I get the impression that his input is the only remaining heart the series has these days. He helped get Sonic Mania made, after all. I think Sega's management (or lack thereof) probably deserves way more flak because I really wonder just how much creative control he's able to exercise over the series. Look man Sonic Mania is in my top 3 favorite games in the series but let's count our lucky stars that he was able to get away with just one game under his call and not be driven out the way Sega drove away Naka. Mania was a passion project and sequels should only happen when the people involved really want to make it.
  3. Beat the main story of PMD: Blue Rescue Team.

Also, can I say that Sky Tower is a bitch to get through and FUCK AERODACTYL AND ITS AGILITY. I died twice due to Monster Houses (swarms of enemies gang up on you) due to Aerodactyl's Agility, Venomoth's Silver Wind, and Flygon's Sand Tomb. Luckily, the boss (Rayquaza) didn't give me much trouble, due to how my team was set up.

1. dbzfan7

dbzfan7

There's still post game story I believe.

4. It's weird how conflicted I am whenever I hear something like this suggested. Me, as one of the guys whose been endlessly railing on Sonic Team and has lost pretty much all faith in their ability to put out something well above average, doesn't feel as though replacing an entire team of people and the head of Sonic Team will go over as smoothly as some imagine it will. It's a comforting enough fairy tale (if you ignore how many people might lose their jobs) but I'm not sure any of us are well versed in what's even going on over there to feel this confident about what needs to be done. Based on the info we actually do sometimes get about what goes on over there, it largely seems like it's a revolving door anyway. It doesn't feel like "Sonic Team" as it were is an actual "team" of people in the normal sense of the word. It's probably just a few veterans and whoever they decided they wanted to work on whatever current game is coming out. You hear how the team was fired and changed after 06 for the people who made Unleashed and you skip to now where all of those people are supposedly all gone and the credits of Sonic Forces says that one of the guys designing the levels only worked on Lost World before it. If SEGA mandated an entirely new overhaul of that team and personally saw to it that they'd remain consistent, I could see things getting better but... would they? Can they? Do they care? It's odd because almost all of the other shit SEGA is doing is getting some wickedly positive reception. It's not even that everything associated with Sonic has been considered ALL bad either. It just seems like whenever it's time to make a new 3D title for the main series, they toss all the promise it could have down the stairs. Even then, replacing Sonic Team could have repercussions that affect some of the stuff I and other people do actually like. What about Sonic Mania? That came into existence because Iizuka and Sonic Team sought after people who could create it right? Would that game exist if not for them? What about those cartoons they release on their Youtube channel? Would we still get those? What about the IDW comics? Is that going to be affected by the entirety of Sonic Team just disappearing? I don't know. I have no clue how this works. There's probably people here who can give me some more insight as to what would most likely be able to happen but on the whole it's just a scrambled jumble of confusing business practices and connections that I can't wade through with my limited knowledge on them from behind the scenes. Again, I mostly find myself in the position of just wanting a documentary or the people at the top to just let loose with the honest truth. I want to know what they're thinking. I want to know what their doing. I want what we can't have; a display of sheer, raw honesty. Not that PR speak where they sit down and talk of "passion" and "value" and "Legacy Sonic" (Remember that shit? Remember Legacy Sonic?) and what not... If I were to get something like that, I'd at least feel a bit more confident in speaking about what I believe they should do and not just about what I think I want them to do.
  5. I don't think the team is not talented. I believe that the problem is that they are trying to listen too much to the fans with Forces. People liked Classic Sonic in Generations and believed he would be liked here as well. People asked for a darker story and we got that. They knew people like to make OCs and decided to add the feature in the game. They should believe in themselves more and be able to decide on their own what to add and what not to. Also, may I ask what do you dislike at Lost World? I didn't play the game myself but it looks like a pretty good game to me.
  6. I could have sworn we had this topic not that long ago lol

7. To be fair, Forces had old guard guys like Nakamura wanting them to "Dumb down" the Boost formula for new fans , and Iizuka and Kishimoto probably forced in some changes that hurt the game overall, such as Classic Sonic being shoved in Kishimoto himself has a certain ever since Sonic Colors with Level Design being too linear and 2D sections in 3D levels and hes the director of Forces
  8. Today
  9. No. I think they should replace Takashi Iizuka and Sonic Team and replace them with a new untalented team.
  10. Well see the problem with that is that's a temporary fix at best. Sonic Forces was almost entirely new people and that's one of the most divisive Sonic titles in quite some time. The problem lies more with Sega's management than anything.
  11. year: 2039. horses: still in the back

cf0d4a8852aac4593fab7d40e31da5ce.gif

12. the teaser trailer for the Kinsgman prequel is here. That..didn’t take nearly as long as the wait for the first teaser for Golden Circle. 

1. Menace2Society

Menace2Society

Hopefully it’s better than The Golden Circle was.

13. Let’s face it, Takashi Iizuka just isn’t a good head of Sonic Team. He seems to have lost the magic/talent he had when he worked on the older Megadrive/Sonic Adventure games. Takashi actually looked at games like Lost World and Sonic Forces and thought to himself ‘yeah... those games are good enough to release on store shelves!’ Sonic Mania was great but Sonic Team had nothing to do with that. i mean Takashi/Sonic Team shat out Sonic Lost World and Sonic Forces... Sonic Team just don’t have the talent to make good 3D games anymore! It looks like they lost all the decent members that left Sonic Team after Sonic Generations released. Maybe Sega should fire Takashi Iizuka and Sonic Team and replace them with all new talented/passionate staff with exciting fresh new ideas to move 3D Sonic forward. Either that or just give up 3D Sonic completely if the current Sonic Team can only produce 3D garbage. Just let Christian Whitehead make Sonic Mania sequels.
  14. I've been saying for a while that I want a good-condition GBA SP with the updated backlight. I've always held off because the price tends to be anywhere between the $100-$150 mark, give or take (for the color I want, anyways). But you know...it ain't gonna get any cheaper. I'm tempted to just bite the bullet and snag one before the prices skyrocket even more.

1. Speederino

Speederino

I know there's a chance I might get super lucky and find an eBay listing from someone who doesn't know how much it's worth; or maybe even find one at a yard sale or some shit but what the fuck even are those odds?

2. Ferno

Ferno

that feel. the struggle is always real a decade or so down the road whenever you decide to finally grab a popular console or game thats considered old and/or valuable now. 

I'm just now getting to that stage in my adult life where I have just enough disposable income to even begin tracking down game stuff from years ago that I was too broke to buy during my childhood/ teen years

15. I honestly don't get people's deal with Kamiya. Guy blocks people on Twitter that annoy him and somehow that makes him toxic lol

1. Dejimon11

Dejimon11

He's gone on record saying that he goes out of his way to look at his followers and block who they're following. It happened to my friend once even tho he has never followed or interacted with him. 

2. Menace2Society

Menace2Society

He can be pretty aggressive at times, and often blocks people for rather petty reasons like replying to him in English.

Wouldn’t call him toxic, though. Just a bit of an ass, lol.

16. Imagine being so desperate for views and ad revenue that you make 8 different videos complaining about Pokemon Sword and Shield

BE1DD91C-8B95-48A2-B356-C367E50E51F4.thumb.jpeg.e1e31f5dbfb0207ef35e63ec475f63e9.jpeg

Oh wait

1. Dr. Detective Mike

Dr. Detective Mike

"You WILL refrain from making easy clickbait Youtube videos."

Image result for watto money gif

2. Ferno

Ferno

*when they use the thumbnail for additional clickbait text*

they gettin advanced now

17. I accidentally keep doing the “that was rough” post game taunt after a win, when I just wanna do “great match!” So now I feel like a dick.

18. Night, buddies!

19. I am so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't care for SatAM. I remember the dayswhen people talked like it was the best Sonic cartoon ever and for a time I bought into that hype. But after several rewatches I started seeing more and more flaws and honestly on both it and Underground I'll never forgive Ben Hurst for turning Sonic into a blithering idiot.
  20. Ah, July. When virtually everyone I know except me has fun on vacation while I stay home and work my tail off like always. Yayyyy.

1. Crow the BOOLET

Crow the BOOLET

I know that feeling.

And I could had gone to the beach with friends but no! ;A;

2. Menace2Society

Menace2Society

I just end up doing nothing. 😕

It’s as boring as it sounds.

21. (Far From Home spoilers)

Reaction:

Spoiler

The ending is building up to a live-action adaptation of One More Day.

1. SupahBerry

SupahBerry

Spoiler

They'd probably sooner do like what they did with "Hail Hydra" in Endgame and mock it to hell and back

Also, this sounds more likely something the Spiderverse would do

22. Megamind is one of Dreamworks' best movies. 

"WARMING UP?! The sun needs to warm up?!" 

1. KHCast

KHCast

Is it the Frozen of Dreamworks?

2. Polkadi~☆

Polkadi~☆

“What does the ‘T’ stand for?”

“Titan!”

“‘Tighten’? What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It was the only name I could trademark.”

3. Ryannumber1gamer

Ryannumber1gamer

“And this one is for Space Step-Mom! You LIED to her!”

4. SupahBerry

SupahBerry

Could give it another look.

When I first saw the trailers, the biggest thought is how Megamind looked "lazily" similar to the villian from Monsters Vs Aliens.

latest?cb=20120326061223

But the similarities end there, I soon came to realize. Even their films are like night and day.

5. Menace2Society

Menace2Society

Damn, I haven’t seen that film in years. Should see it again at some point.

6. Dr. Detective Mike

Dr. Detective Mike

Megamind is fantastic. Definitely Top 3 for me as far as Dreamworks goes. Not sure where in the Top 3 but it's definitely in that range.

That PRESENTATION scene will always be the light that shines through the darkness for me. 

7. Ryannumber1gamer

Ryannumber1gamer

The failure Megamind suffered in the box office is a travesty tbh. 

8. Dr. Detective Mike

Dr. Detective Mike

It released the same year as the first Despicable Me and they were only a few months apart, with Despicable Me coming out first and having a similar sounding premise despite being a wholly inferior movie. 

I mean it's such a shame. It didn't bomb or anything but Megamind certainly deserved better than what it got. 

9. Menace2Society

Menace2Society

I’m just grateful a TV Show isn’t on Dreamwork’s radar, lol.

23. I made a Mario Maker 2 level! Just wanted to test out the 3D World stuff, hehe

24. I always thought that the Sonic OVA characterization of Tails was the most spot-on for how I envisioned him. He is good with tech, but it doesn't solely define the character. He is right there with Sonic when they head to Robotropolis/Eggmanland and explore the city. He jokes/mimics/looks up to Sonic as that little brother figure, and sometimes even annoys Sonic with his antics, but he can hold his own when he needs to and helps out in the fight. Sometimes Sonic helps Tails when he is in danger, sometimes it is Tails coming in to help Sonic. But his knack for technology/hacking is shown when the situation arises. It drives the plot forward in a meaningful way rather than become the deus ex machina as is often the case in the current storylines, or sometimes it serves zero purpose and makes Tails as a whole feel shoe-horned in as a character. It's been shown between Unleashed, Colors, Lost World and Forces that Tails will cower in fear or remove himself from the action when faced with an adversary. Talk about a downgrade for a character that has his roots following Sonic wanting to be brave and the hero just like him and even has proven to take down Robotnik/Eggman on his own a few times. Now he isn't even seen as someone worth bothering with because he simply hangs out on the sidelines, hiding usually, with his piece of random tech. What a sad and unfortunate downgrade for this character. But, yeah, at least Sonic Mania was a breath of fresh air.
  25. On a related note I've been meaning to watch Zombie Island again, think I'll catch it over the weekend.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.