Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

Wait...where'd you find this?

I saw it on the front page of IGN. I dunno where that poster found it, though.

So we're getting other playable characters right? The levels look like they'd suit other characters' abilities, right?

• Thumbs Up 3

There might be alot more Levels than usually. Like way more. Maybe each hexagon on the Teaser Trailer is it's own little Sonic Simulator-esque stage? Mario World style progression too. Would make sense.

I think the Slumpy one might be a girl too. Looks sorta feminine anyway...

I'm hoping that's true, if it is I'll be considerably less peeved!

EDIT: I wouldn't assume we'll get more characters, but it does look suited to it.

Edited by SuperLink

these guardians seem crap

This statement is based on knowing absolutely nothing about their personalities despite them being varying degrees of evil or just looking that way. I mean, it's easy to say that from experience what with the series being renowned for characters of questionable quality, but COME ON. Who says we won't get another Professor Pickle, or Orbot and Cubot, etc.?

Edited by Τhe Joker
  • Thumbs Up 8

That's some fine illumination, shading and modeling right there, Sonic Team. Never had a doubt about their skills.

Look at that sexy~

sonic_zps73621b4f.jpg

That's Marza Studios, not Sonic Team.

The re(-re?)designed Badniks have so much more personality than they did previously. Not to mention they're fueled by hamster like back in the day, AKA pretty much what made Eggman's mooks so iconic in the first place.

But the Colorus/Generations ones had a shitton of personality too while looking more like robots! Now that I've seen screens this may be my number one complaint here- the early games tried their hardest to have Badniks look very robotic while cartoony. These ones, by virtue of looking the same while the console and the world has moved on, look like plastic toys. :(

I really really really liked the robots in Colours and Generations :(

• Thumbs Up 1

So we're getting other playable characters right? The levels look like they'd suit other characters' abilities, right?

But only one can stop the Deadly Six..

• Thumbs Up 5

Three can become one with the real superpower of TEAMWORK!!!

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Oh Sean; why would you ask such a silly question? =P

;~;

• Thumbs Up 2

But only one can stop the Deadly Six..

Going by S3&K, only one character's story is "canon", could be like that.

Also aw man I guess I missed the opportunity to be on the hype train :P

Calling it now, Eggman is back to his Classic design, or a Nega-esque hybrid.

Sonic's still Modern, Eggman will be the same.

i swear they do that with mario,
only one plumber can save the day! or somthing similar, i dont know.
It shouldn't stop them from letting us play as them.

*whistles*

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

kiklmt9.jpg

Can i join that? 

Edited by Mark1

Calling it now, Eggman is back to his Classic design, or a Nega-esque hybrid.

Or maybe one the Eggmans had to sacrifice in order to get out of White Space and it was a dual to the death...and only classic Eggman made out =O....but nah it's probably just modern Eggman.

Legit.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Can i join that? 

Hogfather originally made the image, so you'd have to consult him.

9a0K5QP.png

Legit? It's from GAF.

Sega: Sonic Lost worlds, more details coming May 29th... .. .. ... except if your name is IGN.

No really, theres not even a product page in their own Sega Press site yet. Was hoping to find some official screens there, but theres nothing.

Sega: Sonic Lost worlds, more details coming May 29th... .. .. ... except if your name is IGN.

Maybe SEGA thought the whole world was in Australia or Japan today?

Digging the parkoury whatsit, but I dunno... I just don't know. I do not like the enemy design; they hardly look robotic at all and it makes me wonder if Eggman is even going to be in this game. Maybe he's still stuck in limbo! No idea. I wouldn't have a big problem with that (assuming he'll be back eventually) but assuming those badniks are indeed Eggman's robots I much prefer the generations designs. Hell, even the sonic 4 designs! These are way too simplified, but yes, that's pretty much my only complaint and it's a very minor one.

I've wanted a more open parkour gameplay style for ages! I am worried about the flow, the wall run implementation looks a little clunky to me. But it is a huge step in the right direction! I'm just worried that if it doesn't flow properly people will complain and beg for their boost to win back and we'll never get anywhere. Also, while this does look a bit more open than any of the other 3D Sonic games have been, it still looks like Sonic is stuck on a fairly narrow strip of land. Again, a step in the right direction. To me, every Sonic game since Unleashed has been a step in the right direction. I wouldn't say this is "the one," where we finally see perfection, but it's another big step. Keep it up, Sega!

Oh hi photoshopped image I made!

Yep! Best one on google images. Good job, Barry!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm seeing a lot of people praising the trailer, but... I don't really like it. Only Sonic playable once again (as far as we know), more levels for nostalgia (have we not had enough with Sonic 4 and Generations?), little amounts of 3D gameplay, and a "new" wall-running move, which he's been able to do since Sonic Adventure.

>more levels for nostalgia

Excuse me for that, but...really? Every Sonic game starts with Green Hill Zone or a level of that sort. I'd be very surprised if there were any other "rehash-y" levels. The trailer actually seemed to show more 3-D gameplay than 2-D, also. And...Sonic really hasn't been able to wall-run since Adventure. I mean, yeah, if you caught enough momentum you could go up a sloped wall for a bit, but it's really not the same thing. I mean, the trailer actually shows him sliding across a wall, and who knows what kind of use this could be put to in actual gameplay. Just...come on now.

Don't judge the entire game based on a minute and a half of segmented footage, bro.

But I also know that colors gameplay became old to me pretty fast because of how linear it was.

But uh

This is nothing like Colors

And it doesn't even seem that linear.

On another note (and this hasn't been brought up too much yet, but I think I need to say it)...is it really so wrong for a Sonic game to have one playable character? Multiple playables don't inherently make the game better. If they're well-integrated and fit in well with Sonic's gameplay, that's one thing, but I don't see how them not being there makes the game any more shallow or less fun. Looking at Sonic in this game, his move-set seems to be built for him to take on any challenge these levels throw at him, and the levels, in turn, seem solidly built around his moves. Do we really need anyone else? I guess it would be nice to have Tails or Knuckles playable with their own moves and I could see why someone would want them in, but...why should this be a sticking point?

I guess I'm more complacent than some of us here with this series, but...I don't get why people have been complaining about this sort of thing so much. Sonic 4 is one thing, but when the gameplay of most recent games, including this one, seem designed with Sonic in mind more so than anyone else, I don't see what makes it such a problem.

But then again, we don't even know if there won't be more playables yet for sure, so...

With that awkward moment when

S4_Motobug_Sprite.png

Wait...pfff...what's that from again?

Like no seriously, WHAT IS THAT ABOMINATION

• Thumbs Up 5