Awoo.
  • Penders Selling Original Prints of Archie Sonic 'Beat The Clock' Story on eBay

Archie writer and artist Ken Penders has announced that he is auctioning off some rare comic collectibles on eBay, including the complete (and intact) five-page story 'Beat The Clock' and some Sega Data pages from past issues.

Speaking of the 'Beat The Clock' collection, Penders said, in a recent chat on his website, "This is probably one of the rarest Sonic collectibles - it was published in the first Sonic issue I ever wrote for, in fact - and was actually the second story Mike (Kanterovich, co-writer) and I wrote when we began submitting stories to Archie.

"Another reason for its rarity is that there are only a handful of stories from the entire run of the series that are completely intact, due to the nature of how art is returned to the artists with both the penciller and inker each receiving a share of the pages," Penders added.

"Of all the people who ever worked on the book, only Mike and I were ever able to obtain any of the early stories in their complete form. Everything else has been broken up."

The five-story package will include an extra page (the original first page, with credits intact) and will be auctioned with a starting price of $1000. Penders also revealed that the Sega Data pages will open at $150 per page and feature Julie-Su, Princess Sally, the Floating Island and Knothole Village.

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

Sonic Wiki Database: Related Entries

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

This is now closed for further comments

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.