Awoo.
  • Latest Sonic P-06 Release Adds Silver Stages and New Cutscenes

Download the new PC build today!

Six years after the release of its first demo, fan game developer ChaosX has released a new version of the unofficial Sonic 2006 Unity remaster known as 'Sonic P-06'. With this new update, players can finally enjoy running through all of Silver the Hedgehog's stages, as well as some new cutscenes and enhancements to boot.

This latest release includes 'the full release of Silver's Trial Campaign accompanied by Sonic's & Shadow's Trial Campaigns with all kinds of improvements and enhancements'. It also contains all of the stages available in Sonic, Shadow and Silver's stories, so you can play everything that has been released to date in one package.

"[This update has] been long overdue - with each release, the project continues to grow in almost every way," ChaosX wrote on their YouTube channel. "To say this release in specific was harder to work on than the last one would be an understatement, so from me and all who helped in this release, we hope you enjoy this new release!"

Check out the release trailer for the fan project below. You can download the game for yourself here (mirrors are available on the YouTube page of the video embedded below if that doesn't work).

Hero Banner Image courtesy ChaosX

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

Sonic Wiki Database: Related Entries

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Something that they don't mention...anywhere, is that Silver's most essential improvements and fixes are locked behind optional upgrades, hidden in Dusty Desert and Aquatic Base. I highly recommend grabbing those before doing anything else, and honestly I'm still kind of reeling from the fact that they didn't tell anyone. I really hope that if this game ever gets the story campaigns proper they just give you all the stuff you need by default.

I'm more interested in original stages to play more with the amigos. It's a shame Amy is now fun to play as and she is only in one section in one stage plus the test stage.

That said, what ChaosX did is already a lot, there are almost 30 stages recreated and 9 characters, plus all the enhancements. I'm looking forward to mods to this!

19 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

I'm more interested in original stages to play more with the amigos. It's a shame Amy is now fun to play as and she is only in one section in one stage plus the test stage.

That said, what ChaosX did is already a lot, there are almost 30 stages recreated and 9 characters, plus all the enhancements. I'm looking forward to mods to this!

There might be plans for the DLC stages once the Last Episode is done:

1 hour ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Something that they don't mention...anywhere, is that Silver's most essential improvements and fixes are locked behind optional upgrades, hidden in Dusty Desert and Aquatic Base. I highly recommend grabbing those before doing anything else, and honestly I'm still kind of reeling from the fact that they didn't tell anyone. I really hope that if this game ever gets the story campaigns proper they just give you all the stuff you need by default.

Hilariously and frustratingly enough, I unlocked that secret area in Dusty Desert and waltzed over to the checkpoint on the main path, just in case that other door had a difficult challenge that would set me back. The door locked behind me once I hit the save point and I just shrugged it off and continued not realizing that there was an upgrade waiting for me in the secret room. :absolutely:

Gotta go back and try it again, now.

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Hilariously and frustratingly enough, I unlocked that secret area in Dusty Desert and waltzed over to the checkpoint on the main path, just in case that other door had a difficult challenge that would set me back. The door locked behind me once I hit the save point and I just shrugged it off and continued not realizing that there was an upgrade waiting for me in the secret room. :absolutely:

Gotta go back and try it again, now.

I had a similar issue.

Did the secret route (really damn cool btw), came back and somehow the ball for the puzzle room had managed to roll backwards into the junction room while I was away.

By the time I'd realised the issue the door had locked me and the ball on opposite sides.😂

Ryannumber1gamer

Posted

I don’t normally play fan games, but I cracked with Project 06 (and ironically it opened the floodgates to the point I also got Robo Blast 2, and Sonic 3 A.I.R, since I did buy the Steam version of S3&K prior to delisting). Anyways, was heavily tempted to play it during the Shadow release, but decided I’d hold out til the Silver release so I’d have all three characters available to play.

I’ve been playing it on my Steam Deck, since it’s the only real PC I have to play it on, at least enough with horsepower to do so, and despite some frame drops, I am honestly staggered by how good Project 06 is. It probably should’ve went without saying that if you took what was essentially a heavily bugged out and gimped Adventure gameplay, and fixed it up, it would actually be pretty fun, ironically pretty much what SomeCallMeJohnny said way back when. Even with mostly low settings too, the game looks really good, and I think adding optional cel-shading to the cast was a great idea too.

I’ve only played a few Sonic levels (Namely, Wave Ocean, Dusty Desert, White Acropolis, and Kingdom Valley), but the differences have already been pretty incredible compared to when I played the 360 marketplace port a few months ago. I don’t think it’s perfect, the speed can still take a lot to get used to, and the homing attack can be a bit too fast sometimes, but it’s a insane upgrade. I haven’t managed to find any of the upgrades hidden in stages yet, but I’ll probably try and do it for Super Sonic at some point. Even stuff like the stupid Mach Speed sections being infinitely more manageable makes such a huge difference.

What really excites me is I hear Sonic is the one with the least amount of work done other than tightening him up and fixing the broken abilities from the original, while Shadow and Silver had more significant changes, which makes sense - Sonic was just about always the most salvageable character scenario from the original, and I can’t wait to see how Shadow and Silver plays.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Posted

Pretty big hidden secret, you can find a portal to the XBLA Demo version of Kingdom Valley, you need to go into the test level, go left towards where Amy and Blaze are, and you’ll see a huge rounded sphere in the far left - follow a series of blocks and enemies to get to a vortex there.

That will bring you to a section with Sonic and Shadow following behind. You can see the goal ring ahead, but instead turn around until you see a large tower like structure, and a set of springs near it. Bounce on the springs and scale the tower, and you’ll find a level portal like you would in the character campaigns, jump in and you’re on your way to XBLA Kingdom Valley.

CrownSlayers Shadow

Posted

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It probably should’ve went without saying that if you took what was essentially a heavily bugged out and gimped Adventure gameplay, and fixed it up, it would actually be pretty fun, ironically pretty much what SomeCallMeJohnny said way back when

Hell, the most hardcore defenders of Sonic 06 have been saying that for ages.

I bet it feels pretty vindicating that a fan game of all things is doing this, so imagine what an official version could’ve been?

Waveshocker Sigma

Posted

So I have to find hidden upgrades for all the characters in the stages themselves in order to have their full toolset? Not gonna lie, really not cool with that. Hated that shit in SA2 and hate it even more here, because I'll be honest. I am not having a good time with this game so far. It is frustratingly hard to get used to moving or anything and I keep getting randomly flung off somewhere or bumping something and sliding right off the stage sometimes.

But that's probably just early gripes. Gotta get used to it and git gud and then we'll really see how I feel. Nice to see that Blaze is still the best character in the game, though. lol Playing with her is so much fun.

Ryannumber1gamer

Posted

1 hour ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

So I have to find hidden upgrades for all the characters in the stages themselves in order to have their full toolset? Not gonna lie, really not cool with that. Hated that shit in SA2 and hate it even more here, because I'll be honest. I am not having a good time with this game so far. It is frustratingly hard to get used to moving or anything and I keep getting randomly flung off somewhere or bumping something and sliding right off the stage sometimes.

But that's probably just early gripes. Gotta get used to it and git gud and then we'll really see how I feel. Nice to see that Blaze is still the best character in the game, though. lol Playing with her is so much fun.

Can't speak for Shadow or Silver, but for Sonic, it's the workaround for the fact that in trial mode, there's no shop vendors for buying gems from, so the only option is either give you the full moveset of gems off the bat, or make it a collectible hunt. I don't really mind it too much myself with Sonic since he's easy enough to get through the stages anyways. 

Waveshocker Sigma

Posted

38 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Can't speak for Shadow or Silver, but for Sonic, it's the workaround for the fact that in trial mode, there's no shop vendors for buying gems from, so the only option is either give you the full moveset of gems off the bat, or make it a collectible hunt. I don't really mind it too much myself with Sonic since he's easy enough to get through the stages anyways. 

I don't really care much about the gems for Sonic and Shadow already feels pretty complete, but I'd much rather the characters just have their full movesets from the start or get the other abilities by clearing the levels instead. I don't enjoy trying to explore and find things in a game where my main focus is getting to the goal as fast as possible. Exploring isn't exactly on my mind and the controls make it kind of difficult anyways.

I'm sure I'll find them eventually, though.

Don't have the ability to play the game myself, but here's some gameplay to show off the improvements to Silver specifically (don't bother with the sections during/past Blaze though, they're all pretty messy for some reason)

This one is good all the way through

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Posted

Did they change the requirements for Super Sonic in this update? I got all S-Ranks with Sonic, but didn't get a notice about the Rainbow Gem being in Kingdom Valley.